3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Worst maintiance service ever

Old 02-16-2016, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down Worst maintiance service ever

I went to honda dealer for the 6 miles service(we have to go every 3 miles or we lose the guarantee in mexico and in all latin america) We do not get maintince minder.

So I went there to a change just to know that the only oil they put was non synthetic 5w30. I ask if I could bring my own oil(pennzoil platinum ultra 0w20) they say no because it was not honda original and the guarantee will be void and that was the incorrect grade(i argue a lot but whatever).

After several five hours of service I come back and they gave me a record of everything they did to the car. (oil change, filter change, tire rotation, tire calibration, level fluids to the top and general inspection).

I gave a look and saw something weird, they check and calibrate my spare tire. WTF? I took the spare tire because you know hypermiler(42 city/50 highway at least). So maybe I did not understand well and I ask. They say they did calibrate the spare tire. I told him I do not even have spare tyre and he sys ups that was an error. I move on because I had a business date to attend asap.

I finish the work day and arrive home. To the surprise I check and the tyres where not been rotated. I know this because every tyre is different. The right/back does not have the air cup(or whatever the name is in engish) the front/right has a small ding the front/right the rim has a crack beauce a pot hole in the highway. So the back/left is the only like new tyre. So all the tyre where in the same spot as before.

I drove back(40 min from my home) and I ask them if the service include rotation and calibration of the tyre. They replay with a yes. I ask for the service manager and he told me that indeed the tyres where rotated. I told him the exact thing I said before. He apologize and ask me to wait.

In that I check and the windshield wiper fluid was low. OMG they did nothing to the car in several hours. I ask them to fill it up.

Then I was watching but I could not enter where they where working. The rotation was done incorrect. They just put the front tires in the back and the back in the front. Honda says that the tires in front wheel drive should be the front to the back and the back in the opposite front side.

He said that my information was incorrect. Another time??

Anyways I go for a drink to cool down. I drive home and stop to put gas in my car. (we do not put gas in our cars there is a guy that does that for you). The guy ask me if I wanted to check the pressure of the tires so based on my experience with the bad dealer I reply yes. So my, not really, surprise all the tires were not calibrated at all.

So wtf they did to my car in several hours? Just an oil change and they charge around 100 dollars. R u freakin kiddin me. They not make even recalls like the coil ignition, door handles, crash bumper and so on that has been recalled in the usa and canada, here no honda has had a recall ever.

I ask around and it was not only there it is the same service in all the country. Maybe I am the only geek here that know well his car and try to keep up with forums like this. But c'mon 100 dollars for 5 hours for a non synthetic oil and a honda filter that all cost 25 dollars and 75 for labor? That is just unacceptable.

Any suggestions? Should I do it myself and lose the guarantee or go every 3 miles for the same bad service?

Old 02-16-2016, 08:17 AM
5 Year Member
Sad story.

But now you know why I learned to DIY at an early age.

I'd call Honda on whether the warranty is void in Mexico if you use non-Honda oil. (They can't do that in the USA) Is there a Customer Service phone number in your owners manual or warranty book?

Old 02-16-2016, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Wow, I thought my dealership was bad...

Old 02-16-2016, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Carbuff2
Sad story.

But now you know why I learned to DIY at an early age.

I'd call Honda on whether the warranty is void in Mexico if you use non-Honda oil. (They can't do that in the USA) Is there a Customer Service phone number in your owners manual or warranty book?
In most Latin America countries you have to do 5.000Km services at an Authorized Honda Service Shop to keep the warranty.
Fortunately the service Honda Uruguay offers is great, no complains at all, except maybe for the cost, around USD 130.
Kike, Honda uses 5W30 mineral oil here too, as it is changed every 5.000Km there's no need for a long lasting expensive synthetic.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Just a thought....but if this is the kind of dealership service you're experiencing now, what would warranty service look like? Can't imagine it would be any better.

You might be better off doing your own maintenance, foregoing the warranty, doing whatever you like to your Fit, and saving your money for any major repairs that would have been covered by warranty.

I don't know if you have independent repair shops around you, but they might be a better deal than the Honda dealerships if things start to go wrong and you're no longer under warranty. That way, you might never have to set foot in a Honda dealership again, with your own maintenance covering most things and service by an independent shop when you need to farm it out.

Old 10-06-2017, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator
Valio Verga.

Old 10-06-2017, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
Wow and I get upset if the dealership takes 30+ minutes to change oil. Sorry for your poor experience

Old 10-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Sorry to hear about your poor experience. They are correct in that for tire rotation, the fronts switch with the backs on the same side.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
The question becomes do you have a different dealership option?
If you do? I'd try that.

Old 10-06-2017, 01:49 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i would not be surprised if they didn't even change the oil and or filter.

pull up the dipstick. if you see dark oil walla

Old 10-13-2017, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
Sorry to hear about your poor experience. They are correct in that for tire rotation, the fronts switch with the backs on the same side.
Not according to my owners manual. The tires on US models can roll in either direction and the manual calls for LF to LR, LR to RF, RF to RR, RR to LF. Only if you have tires that aren't approved to roll either way, do you keep them on the same side. Apparently KikeDiaz checked his owners manual and found that, like US Fits, his rear tires are supposed to cross over to the opposite side before being mounted on the front.

I put a little mark on my oil filter so I can see if it's been changed, and my tires are marked too, fairly inconspicuously. I rotate my tires myself. The dealer actually did add air. Spec is 33 psi. I keep them at 34. He fills them to 35, and accurately reports that he filled to 35. No big deal the extra 1 psi is pretty insignificant. Before going to the dealer I always fill my windshield washer with -25 deg F fluid, to prevent them from adding summer-type fluid, and forcing me to drain it out by mid Oct if I don't want it to freeze.

Last edited by nomenclator; 10-13-2017 at 03:59 PM.