3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Headlamp problem GK 5 (2015)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 08:48 AM
Headlamp problem GK 5 (2015)

Hi, i jz bought my honda gk 5 last month and comes out problem with the headlight. When i open the headlamp and i spray water only it, there wil be water vapor inside the headlamp. I have no idea why, already check with honda but they said because the new design of the headlamp. But for me thats bulshit , thats brand new car why would have problen like that. Can anyone tell me me the reason why? Thanks and pls tell me why...

Left side

Right side

Old 02-21-2016, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
Why would you "open the headlamp and spray water only it"?

Truth to tell, I had this fogging inside my headlamps when I first got my car. Probably from sitting on a car lot over the winter. The "fog" disappeared over the first couple of months and it hasn't returned.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
similar problem with brake lights.

Originally Posted by rubyloo0306
...When i open the headlamp and i spray water only it, there wil be water vapor inside the headlamp...
There may be a language issue here. I doubt that the OP would disassemble his headlight and spray water in there on purpose, then wonder about condensation.

I'm thinking that "open the headlamp" means turn on his lights. OP please make clearer. Also the OP is in Malaysia, where it is very hot and very humid.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:41 AM
Sorry about my language. Yup. I am saying turn on the headlamp. And then spray outside the cover of headlamp as can see from the picture. I wonder why this would happen. Brand new headlamp.

Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
similar problem with brake lights.

There may be a language issue here. I doubt that the OP would disassemble his headlight and spray water in there on purpose, then wonder about condensation.

I'm thinking that "open the headlamp" means turn on his lights. OP please make clearer. Also the OP is in Malaysia, where it is very hot and very humid.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
I'm thinking that the pressure from your hose is too strong and is allowing the higher pressure water to enter the headlight housing. This sometimes happens on motorcycles.

Are you using a pressure washer? I don't know how much pressure rain would have if you are travelling at 100kph/63mph, on the headlight housing. The rain would also be directed up and over the headlights, or to the side of the headlight, as there are significant angles in the front of the housing.

If you wash your car normally do you still get condensation in your headlight housing?

Patient to Doctor: My arm hurts here, when I move it.
Doctor to Patient: Then don't move your arm and your pain will go away.
Patient to Doctor: (blank stare, then feels need to hurt doctor)

Last edited by TorontoBoy; 02-21-2016 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
File a complaint with Honda HQ. They will give you a new headlamp. Also, file a complaint with that dealership who won't help you.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:25 PM
I wash my car using normal water, not using any pressure wash. Just watering the headlamp, then condensation came out.

Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
I'm thinking that the pressure from your hose is too strong and is allowing the higher pressure water to enter the headlight housing. This sometimes happens on motorcycles.

Are you using a pressure washer? I don't know how much pressure rain would have if you are travelling at 100kph/63mph, on the headlight housing. The rain would also be directed up and over the headlights, or to the side of the headlight, as there are significant angles in the front of the housing.

If you wash your car normally do you still get condensation in your headlight housing?

Patient to Doctor: My arm hurts here, when I move it.
Doctor to Patient: Then don't move your arm and your pain will go away.
Patient to Doctor: (blank stare, then feels need to hurt doctor)

Old 02-21-2016, 09:31 PM
Hi, this is the one they replaced me for , still the same with condensation inside. I had no idea. Really bad quality.

Originally Posted by TofuShop
File a complaint with Honda HQ. They will give you a new headlamp. Also, file a complaint with that dealership who won't help you.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
The manual states condensation is normal.

Old 02-22-2016, 02:14 AM
Yep. Owner manual says is normal. The only time you need to worry according to the manual is when you see a build up of water on the inside. If you don't see that they won't replace it. I have the same issue on my brake lights.