3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What'd you pay for your 2017 Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
Arrow What'd you pay for your 2017 Fit?

Hi everyone! I just signed paperwork for a new 2017 Fit and was so excited to share, but I couldn't find a 2017 thread to share my deal in!

Like with the other threads, let's at least include:

Area you're in
Model/trim /transmission
Dealer Listed Price
Out the door price
Fees/taxes
Accessories
Other deal-related stuff Trade in Value? Financing?)

Here's what I ended up at today:

Model: 2017 Fit EX, 6 speed Aegean Blue
Dealer list Price: $18,735
OTD Price: $18,500
Doc Fee: $125
Accessories: ~$450 (cargo tray, all-weather floor mats, splash guards)
No trade-in, finance through my credit union

It's getting delivered this Wednesday and I'm so excited to join the Fit Club! This was also my first time buying and negotiating on a new car and I'm pretty pleased with how it all went!

But anyway, how did all of you folks do on your new Fits? Let us cumulatively toot our horns!

Old 10-04-2016, 06:00 AM
5 Year Member
Pretty Much The Same

Model: 2017 Fit EX, 6 speed Crystal Black Pearl
Doc Fee: $115
Accessories: None
No trade-in, cash

I also paid a bit more for the license plates as I chose the Pacific Wonderland plates.

I have ordered a bunch of accessories from Bernardi and a few other places. All will be installed tomorrow.
My sales guy wasn't too thrilled when I told him I would be getting my accessories elsewhere.

The local dealers know that they have EX 6 speed buyers bent over the barrel. Dealer's cost is roughly $17,600. There's a $300 hold back as well. If I were in the market for a CVT, there are plenty of 2016s that the dealers would love to clear off their lot. A better deal for those would be quite likely. I wouldn't be surprised if the inventory of 2017 6 speeds dries up by the new year or just after; the dealers are going to squeeze the 6 speed buyers.

Cars.com lists 12,900 Fits for sale across the nation, of which only 800 are 6 speeds. 6% of the total. Only 342 of those are in the EX trim. 2.6% of the total, or roughly 40% of all 6 speeds in stock. You could crunch these numbers further and figure out the percentages for PDX.

There are so few EX 6 speeds in the PDX area. Puget Sound and the Bay Area have more dealers, more choices, and -possibly- more room to wheel and deal.

Edit: Congrats on the Aegean Blue!

Last edited by Farrago; 10-04-2016 at 06:32 AM.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:10 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats on choosing the 6 spds, yous guys We have a '15 w/6sp, wouldn't have it any other way

Old 10-04-2016, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
No tax? Must be nice

Old 10-04-2016, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Oregon has no state sales tax.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Farrago
Model: 2017 Fit EX, 6 speed Crystal Black Pearl
Doc Fee: $115
Accessories: None
No trade-in, cash

I also paid a bit more for the license plates as I chose the Pacific Wonderland plates.

I have ordered a bunch of accessories from Bernardi and a few other places. All will be installed tomorrow.
My sales guy wasn't too thrilled when I told him I would be getting my accessories elsewhere.

The local dealers know that they have EX 6 speed buyers bent over the barrel. Dealer's cost is roughly $17,600. There's a $300 hold back as well. If I were in the market for a CVT, there are plenty of 2016s that the dealers would love to clear off their lot. A better deal for those would be quite likely. I wouldn't be surprised if the inventory of 2017 6 speeds dries up by the new year or just after; the dealers are going to squeeze the 6 speed buyers.

Cars.com lists 12,900 Fits for sale across the nation, of which only 800 are 6 speeds. 6% of the total. Only 342 of those are in the EX trim. 2.6% of the total, or roughly 40% of all 6 speeds in stock. You could crunch these numbers further and figure out the percentages for PDX.

There are so few EX 6 speeds in the PDX area. Puget Sound and the Bay Area have more dealers, more choices, and -possibly- more room to wheel and deal.

Edit: Congrats on the Aegean Blue!
Congrats to you on your black one, as well! Finding a manual EX in the area was definitely pretty tedious and most dealerships weren't willing to negotiate at all because of it. Most of the cars that I found coming into PDX were pre-sold by the time I'd called the dealership. Glad it worked out for both of us, though! I had been planning on doing my own aftermarket accessories, but unbeknownst to me the incoming car already had a bunch of dealer installed accessories that they weren't charging me extra for.

Old 10-04-2016, 04:17 PM
Out the door price includes what?

Does it include the doc fees, registration and accessories? Doc fees seem to vary by state. Sometimes the advertised selling price does not include the destination charge and so far it has never included the doc fee. In New Hampshire we have no sales tax but they in effect get it when you register the car. So for me, when I think out the door price I think everything I had to pay to get the car out of the hands of the dealership other than registration. But if you include and have to pay sales tax and I don't but have to pay a bigger "registration" fee then the our out the door prices wouldn't really be apples and apples.

Originally Posted by grag
Hi everyone! I just signed paperwork for a new 2017 Fit and was so excited to share, but I couldn't find a 2017 thread to share my deal in!

Like with the other threads, let's at least include:

Area you're in
Model/trim /transmission
Dealer Listed Price
Out the door price
Fees/taxes
Accessories
Other deal-related stuff Trade in Value? Financing?)

Here's what I ended up at today:

Model: 2017 Fit EX, 6 speed Aegean Blue
Doc Fee: $125
Accessories: ~$450 (cargo tray, all-weather floor mats, splash guards)
No trade-in, finance through my credit union

It's getting delivered this Wednesday and I'm so excited to join the Fit Club! This was also my first time buying and negotiating on a new car and I'm pretty pleased with how it all went!

But anyway, how did all of you folks do on your new Fits? Let us cumulatively toot our horns!

Old 10-04-2016, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
In my case, the OTD price includes the destination charge. Everything else was in addition. Altogether it was just over $19k. (It was ~$100 more for the specialty license plate.)

Old 10-04-2016, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Oneoldphlaytis
Does it include the doc fees, registration and accessories? Doc fees seem to vary by state. Sometimes the advertised selling price does not include the destination charge and so far it has never included the doc fee. In New Hampshire we have no sales tax but they in effect get it when you register the car. So for me, when I think out the door price I think everything I had to pay to get the car out of the hands of the dealership other than registration. But if you include and have to pay sales tax and I don't but have to pay a bigger "registration" fee then the our out the door prices wouldn't really be apples and apples.
I agree with you completely. To me, out the door price is the total, tallied cost of all fees, accessories, taxes, etc. As long as everyone lays out everything that went into that final cost (such as what state they're paying tax in), we should get a clear apples-to-apples comparison.

To clarify my own OTD amount, $18,500 includes everything-- the car, registration/plates, doc fee, accessories, and destination. No sales tax in Oregon.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Wow I got screwed then. Black ex 6 spd 20.5 OTD. Miami FL.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:17 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about your experience, Guillermo. I felt I could have done better. Here's a bit more irony:
As demand for cars falters, auto prices are poised to fall | The Seattle Times

Old 10-05-2016, 12:05 PM
The car hasn't arrived to the dealership yet, I'll share once I take delivery of my 2017

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 10-07-2016 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Guillermo Rodriguez
Wow I got screwed then. Black ex 6 spd 20.5 OTD. Miami FL.
Well, we can't know unless we know what all that includes. Sales tax? Any accessories? Extra warranties?

Old 10-06-2016, 04:47 PM
That's with 7% sales tax. No extra accessories or warranty.

Old 10-06-2016, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grag
Well, we can't know unless we know what all that includes. Sales tax? Any accessories? Extra warranties?
Why worry? It's a steal at any price below $25K. This car is that good.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:10 PM
A few questions about the Honda Fit from a potential buyer

I live in Arizona and I am in the market for either buying a new Honda Civic LX automatic sedan or a Honda Fit EX automatic. A few questions.....

1. What is everyones favorite 2017 Honda Fit color? I liked the Passion Berry and Modern Steel. Black is also nice.

2. Is there any difference between the 2105 and 2016 Honda Fit?

3. What should the BEST OTD price be for a Honda Fit if I have a trade in that has been appraised at $11,000?

4. Is the FIT a nice car than the Civic. I test drove the Fit and I was impressed by it's peppiness.

5. The only thing I didn't care about the 2016 Fit was the low arm rest. Can that be modified?

6. Is it true that a Fit with a J Vin number is better to buy since it's made in Japan?

Old 10-08-2016, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by christopheraz
I live in Arizona and I am in the market for either buying a new Honda Civic LX automatic sedan or a Honda Fit EX automatic. A few questions.....

1. What is everyones favorite 2017 Honda Fit color? I liked the Passion Berry and Modern Steel. Black is also nice.

2. Is there any difference between the 2105 and 2016 Honda Fit?

3. What should the BEST OTD price be for a Honda Fit if I have a trade in that has been appraised at $11,000?

4. Is the FIT a nice car than the Civic. I test drove the Fit and I was impressed by it's peppiness.

5. The only thing I didn't care about the 2016 Fit was the low arm rest. Can that be modified?

6. Is it true that a Fit with a J Vin number is better to buy since it's made in Japan?
1. Red and blue, hands down. The blue is pretty electric looking in person.
2. They're the same.
3. I don't really know what the best is, I can only tell you what I got, which is $18,500 OTD. Use Truecar as a starting point for your area, knowing that the dealerships have to pay Truecar something like $300 per car sold.
4. I dunno. The Civic is larger, which could be a good or bad thing depending on what you''re looking for.
5. Some folks have made DIY mods to raise the armrest. Nothing official from Honda, though.
6. Fits with VINs starting with J are made in Japan, and 3's are assembled in Mexico. It looks like most or all 2017 manuals are from Mexico and the CVTs are Japan. There's a lot of anecdotal info about the Japanese Fits being better, but I don't know that I beleive the hype. If you're looking at used 2015 Fits, I'd be more wary as that was the first year the Fits were being manufactured in Mexico, but for 2016's and 17's, I think you'll be fine either way. Just my opinion, as there's not really any quality data available to us lowly consumers.

Old 10-08-2016, 11:43 AM
My out the door cost was $17,658 for a 2016 Fit LX CVT with no add ons. I bought it on 9/30/2016. That number includes $1,152 in sales tax (I'm in Georgia). I used truecar.com to get 3 dealerships into a bidding war to get a great price. I also got 1.9% financing through Honda (no trade in).

Old 10-11-2016, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
I just bought a brand new 2016.
To be honest?
I made a mistake in not recognizing that we were so close to the official end of model year.
I perhaps could of leveraged a better deal. My own fault for not recognizing how close to the 2017's we actually were.
But since the OP paid about the same as I paid for my 2016 I'd say good deal for the OP, and NOT as good a deal as perhaps I should of got, for myself.

BUT...

I really like my New Honda Fit...just a little bit of a bummer to already be a year behind the latest model...even if there is little or no difference between the two.

Old 10-31-2016, 04:07 PM
2017 EX CVT in NY $18250 (does not include tax, registration) does include all dealer fees (most of which I had them waive)

Quick Reply: What'd you pay for your 2017 Fit?