3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Finally I Ask

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
Finally I Ask

Nothing major, just curious.

When I back up or turn right at night. the screen on my EX show up nice and bright. brighter than a normal reverse tail light would show. Enhanced cameras that I know are not connected to the regular back up lights?

I have the iPhone connected and a small USB drive. When I start the car, I get the usual warnings and notices. But sometime I get something like this: "This feature (or app) will not function for safety reasons while the vehicle is in motion." Huh?

Old 10-15-2016, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
I think we all get that courtesy of the lawyers, no?

Old 10-16-2016, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
I think we all get that courtesy of the lawyers, no?
But, of course!!!

Old 10-16-2016, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
I get that message....

Originally Posted by KentFinn
Nothing major, just curious.

When I back up or turn right at night. the screen on my EX show up nice and bright. brighter than a normal reverse tail light would show. Enhanced cameras that I know are not connected to the regular back up lights?

I have the iPhone connected and a small USB drive. When I start the car, I get the usual warnings and notices. But sometime I get something like this: "This feature (or app) will not function for safety reasons while the vehicle is in motion." Huh?

I get that message when I have the display on Trip Computer and I start out.
And I don't quite get it, since the Trip Computer is simply an active display, and does indeed work while the vehicle is in motion...that's kind of the whole point behind it.

I just ignore it.

Old 10-16-2016, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
I get that message when I have the display on Trip Computer and I start out.
And I don't quite get it, since the Trip Computer is simply an active display, and does indeed work while the vehicle is in motion...that's kind of the whole point behind it.

I just ignore it.
As do I, but it has piqued my curiosity. As others have suggested, just CHA legalese .

Still wonder about the very bright nighttime camera displays. The cameras are tiny, one half way up the lift back near the license plate light, the other in the right hand mirror shell, neither as large as a pencil eraser.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:50 AM
You can adjust the brightness using a pin located by your gas guage. Turn left or right to adjust brightness. I've noticed my Fit automatically adjusts the light depending on the driving conditions.

The message you're getting seems to be the standard, welcome to your smart car, please be safe, warning. I just click OK and go on with my life. Some features are disabled unless stopped, such as: touch tones for the phone, scrolling contacts, etc.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:27 AM
You can press the phone hangup button on the steering wheel to dismiss the disclaimer on the touchscreen, as well as dismiss any menu that appears on your HondaLink touch screen.

The cameras seem to have very good light amplification. At dawn/dusk, their image appears nearly bright as day, which is startling when it is still too dark to see much out of your mirrors.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blackbetty09
You can adjust the brightness using a pin located by your gas guage. Turn left or right to adjust brightness. I've noticed my Fit automatically adjusts the light depending on the driving conditions.

The message you're getting seems to be the standard, welcome to your smart car, please be safe, warning. I just click OK and go on with my life. Some features are disabled unless stopped, such as: touch tones for the phone, scrolling contacts, etc.
Nope, I recognize the standard warnings which occur every time I start the car with the iPhone on my belt. Honda covering its own assets. The warning I'm receiving in a sporadic manner refers specifically about some feature that is disabled for safety reasons while the car is moving.

The brightness at night from both the backup camera and the lane change camera on the right cannot be changed with the little knob in the dash .... instruments, yes; camera views, no.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by simonx314
You can press the phone hangup button on the steering wheel to dismiss the disclaimer on the touchscreen, as well as dismiss any menu that appears on your HondaLink touch screen.

The cameras seem to have very good light amplification. At dawn/dusk, their image appears nearly bright as day, which is startling when it is still too dark to see much out of your mirrors.
Thanks. I did not know that first item. I just ignore the display until the safety message goes away.

Yes, the camera seems to have excellent low light capability. It's really helpful backing or turning at night.