3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2017 Fit EX-L w/navi

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
2017 Fit EX-L w/navi

Has anyone seen a 2017 Fit EX-L w/navi? Are they for sale anywhere in the USA yet? If not, when?

Old 11-03-2016, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
A few here and there. Nothing really new on the looks side of things. Looks exactly like the 15s. Check cars.com, search for new vehicles, Honda Fit, then filter on 2017 for year and EX-L for trim. Then look for any with a list price of 22,100. Of course not all dealers list their cars there, but it'll give you some idea where they are.

Last edited by Rooster; 11-03-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rooster
A few here and there.
Where, specifically?
Originally Posted by Rooster
Check cars.com.
None there today, and none for the past six weeks since I started checking every day or two. I wonder it they've even produced any yet.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to somewhat mislead you, but the ex-ls with nav seem to be 'in transit' to various dealers across the country. Why not simply call your local Honda dealer and ask? If they are in transit, your dealer will have a delivery date available. There are at least 5 due in shortly in my area alone, that would be NJ.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:30 PM
I've spoken with 5 dealers between NY, PA, CT and NJ. None have any idea when the 17 EX cars will drop. They're held up in port (or were) and shipping dates are still unknown.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
Well, a 2017 EX-L/navi just showed up in a Pennsylvania dealer's website, and it showed a VIN, so it's probably theirs,or assigned to them. It also showed a "stock number", but in my experience, that doesn't mean much except that it's been assigned to that dealer; in the past, I've seen a cited stock number and VIN for a FIT that wasn't even in the country yet.

But it gives me hope that maybe I can test-drive one locally before spring.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
I looked for an EX-L with navi for the past 6 months. Had to be a red one. No luck. Unicorn. Gave up and picked up a 2017 EX-L yesterday. Will use the phone interface or a portable GPS.

DaveGee

Old 12-01-2016, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
Unbelievable coincidence. After settling for a 2017 EX-L without navi after waiting/searching for 6-months, and buying from a dealer 75 miles away at that, the local dealer just called and said they just got a red 2017 EX-L navi in. One day after I took delivery of the non-navi car.

Oh well.

DaveGee

Old 12-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Sorry Gee. That's got to be disappointing/frustrating. How do you feel about the Fit you purchased?

Old 12-01-2016, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
Happy with it. Navi clearly wasn't a deal-breaker.

DaveGee

Old 12-03-2016, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
With a specific configuration like and EX-L with nav, I would go to the Honda website to "build your own". I believe once that is done your desired configuration goes out to many dealers. There are other sites that you can input the car with the accessories you want to get dealers emailing you back. Anyway I am happy with my portable $80 Garmin with map updates fitted to the dash the way I wanted instead of attaching it to the windshield that is quite far to reach.

Old 12-03-2016, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
Did you settle or just get lucky?

Originally Posted by DaveGee
Unbelievable coincidence. After settling for a 2017 EX-L without navi after waiting/searching for 6-months, and buying from a dealer 75 miles away at that, the local dealer just called and said they just got a red 2017 EX-L navi in. One day after I took delivery of the non-navi car.

Oh well.

DaveGee
The latest generation of portable Garmin's are really nice.
And really easy to update, usually with free lifetime map updates.
Can move it from vehicle to vehicle...or use with a rental car if needed.

Sure...people can get what they want...but my personal opinion is NOT getting the built in Navigation...isn't that much of a loss. Having a portable unit really does have it's advantages.

Do some research on the models...I think you'll be impressed with the portable options.

I've got an older Garmin...5+ years old....and almost unfortunately it's still going strong....I almost wish it would break so I could justify getting a new model. My Dad has a newer one....and it's really nice.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:40 AM
I didn't care about the navigation but I would have liked to have had Sirius XM built in instead of using a portable. I didn't think the price was worth it but the fact that there were no EX-L NAVS available made the decision simple at the time. I have a garmin and the portable sat radio worked great when it worked. I used a tiny Bluetooth transmitter to connect it to the stereo.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
The latest generation of portable Garmin's are really nice.
And really easy to update, usually with free lifetime map updates.
Can move it from vehicle to vehicle...or use with a rental car if needed.

Sure...people can get what they want...but my personal opinion is NOT getting the built in Navigation...isn't that much of a loss. Having a portable unit really does have it's advantages.

Do some research on the models...I think you'll be impressed with the portable options.

I've got an older Garmin...5+ years old....and almost unfortunately it's still going strong....I almost wish it would break so I could justify getting a new model. My Dad has a newer one....and it's really nice.
For the record: The Honda satellite linked navigation is only available on the EX-L CVT model, at a cost of $1000.

I can't agree with you more about my Garmins, which I have several. I even use one in my Porsche Turbo because the built in GPS is difficult to use. I have a Garmin with EU maps that is my savior when I am driving in Europe. It was updated to include Iceland, and I used it when I drove the Ring Road around the island, recently.

In the Honda Fit, I did not want to attach the Garmin to the far reaching windshield, but it was a little difficult to install it on the dash because the surface is not flat and even. I used hot glue to secure a piece of glass and then the cradle/suction cup that holds the GPS on top of the glass. Then, I routed the cable to the power socket under the audio system. I also integrated my iPod nano 3rd generation to the audio system through the usb port. The integration is 100% compatible. The sound is great through the standard 6 speaker LX. I love everything about driving this practical utility car!

Attached Thumbnails 2017 Fit EX-L w/navi-2af_8155a.jpg  

Last edited by wasserball; 12-03-2016 at 10:05 AM.