3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New EX-L owner here

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
New EX-L owner here

Picked up a 2017 EX-L yesterday. Drove it from San Diego to Orange County. Happy with the car - but disappointed that we can't unlock all the doors by simply opening the passenger door using keyless entry. We'll adapt.

DaveGee

Old 12-01-2016, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
It unlocks all doors and hatch if you open the front passenger door. Doesn't work for the rear passengers if that's what you're talking about?

Old 12-01-2016, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
Right. When opening the front door using keyless entry, the drivers side rear door does not unlock at the same time. Kind of silly actually and requires an extra step to throw anything in the back seat before getting in the car.

First world problem.

DaveGee

Old 12-01-2016, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
Old 12-01-2016, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
Saw it, thanks. Bottom line is that it can't be done. It's not an option.

DaveGee

Old 12-01-2016, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DaveGee
Right. When opening the front door using keyless entry, the drivers side rear door does not unlock at the same time. Kind of silly actually and requires an extra step to throw anything in the back seat before getting in the car.

First world problem.

DaveGee
Many people have called me a very lazy person, but a save a few steps? First world problem, indeed! With all due respect, good grief, Gee

Lift the hatch, all the doors will unlock.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KentFinn
Many people have called me a very lazy person, but a save a few steps? First world problem, indeed! With all due respect, good grief, Gee

Lift the hatch, all the doors will unlock.
Or unlock the passenger side door, and all doors unlock.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Presumptuous bunch here.

Small garage. Passenger side zero clearance - same at rear of car when door closes.

Thanks for all the constructive feedback.

DaveGee

Old 12-01-2016, 11:49 PM
Presumptuous bunch here.
First world problems bro.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
Yep. Already noted in post #3 above.

DaveGee

Old 12-02-2016, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Or unlock the passenger side door, and all doors unlock.
It doesn't seem that way. See OP first post.
I'm a LX guy. I have to push the buttons on my key to activate the locks. So, I disabled ALL Honda's default auto locking/unlocking features.

My car no longer auto locks all doors when it senses that I have reached 10 mph or auto unlocks all doors when I exit the car. It is illogical to unlocked all the doors when I exit from the driver side door and then using the fob I lock them again.

Last edited by wasserball; 12-02-2016 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
Presumptuous bunch here.

Small garage. Passenger side zero clearance - same at rear of car when door closes.

DaveGee
Gee, Dave, how were we supposed to know that you parked in an old fridge shipping container? A Fit is neither wide nor long. Do you eject your passengers before you enter the garage? The sunroof is not position for you to use the James Bond Button.

Old 12-03-2016, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
Can't Cheer You Up.....

Picked up a 2017 EX-L yesterday. Drove it from San Diego to Orange County. Happy with the car - but disappointed that we can't unlock all the doors by simply opening the passenger door using keyless entry. We'll adapt.

DaveGee
I just agree. It's disappointing that Honda didn't make it a programmable option.
One of the few albeit minor disappointments. If only because it seems so simply unnecessary. Can't believe making it an option would cost anything, just a matter of programability and choice.

Glad Honda is concerned about my being Carjacked...but if I want to take the risk? Let all my doors OPEN!

Old 12-03-2016, 08:28 AM
Presumptuous bunch here.

DaveGee
why do you have to lock the door in your garage?

Old 12-03-2016, 08:32 AM
the trivial complaints I read on this site about features on an econobox amaze me sometimes. when I want to open all the doors I just press the button twice on the fob or open the hatch. I don't like the touch screen volume control so I use the one on the steering wheel. when you buy an entry level vehicle you get an entry level vehicle

Old 12-03-2016, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
Econobox...a term I don't like...

Originally Posted by bladhmadh
the trivial complaints I read on this site about features on an econobox amaze me sometimes. when I want to open all the doors I just press the button twice on the fob or open the hatch. I don't like the touch screen volume control so I use the one on the steering wheel. when you buy an entry level vehicle you get an entry level vehicle
Well, yes in this case I don't think the "problem" is that big a deal.
BUT...
On the other hand, just because The Fit is Honda's sub-compact, "entry level" offering, I don't think that is reason to put it beyond criticism or not expect more.
With both these criticism...it has nothing to do with cost. Making The Doors able to ALL open as a programmable option wouldn't increase the cost of production. And I have to believe "knobs" for the volume control, could be used just as cheaply the touch screen, or their inclusion wouldn't come as a huge cost.
Over the years the amenities and luxuries available on a Honda Fit..and all subcompacts have continually increased and improved, and part of that is because of competition between manufacturers and consumers expectations. Therefore I think the "cop out" that you shouldn't expect "anything" because it's a sub-compact or "entry level" vehicle is flawed thinking.
Really in today's competitive market and given the cost of all new vehicles, there is IMO no such thing as what used to be called a Econo-Box.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bladhmadh
I'd much rather have an interior method of popping open the hatch or a "toe open" the hatch like a certain Ford model than even an option to unlock all, but that's me. As to the volume knob, my most frequent passenger would dearly like that, but I really don't want anyone fiddling with even minor controls like that. I don't use the touchscreen for that. There are audio controls on the steering wheel for that. "Turn that down!" "Wait until I start going forward and I will."