3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Enable Locking Beep?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Enable Locking Beep?

Hey All,

Not sure how I did it but I disabled the lock beep on my 2015.
It beeps at me when I use the handle unlock, but not when I lock it.

Anyone know the secret code for that?

Thanks in advance

P.S. My apologies if this has been asked. I couldn't find it when I searched.

Old 02-26-2017, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Dunno if this helps or not, found it Googling...have not tried it to verify if it might work, my wife is out and about in the car atm...

"Q: How do you silence the horn beep feature when using the remote? asked by Jessica N on December 14, 2015
How do you silence the horn beep feature when using the remote?

A: Your car is set by default to honk the horn...

Your car is set by default to honk the horn when you lock your doors with the remote. However, you can change this if you prefer. Here’s what you need to do:
  1. Press both the lock and unlock buttons on your remote for two seconds.
  2. Watch for the hazard lights to flash three times.
  3. Lock the doors and confirm that the horn does not sound.
If you want to reactivate the beep feature:
  1. Press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons on the remote for at least two seconds.
  2. Watch for the hazard lights to flash once. The horn should honk one time.
Tip
Turning off this feature does not affect panic alarm function or security system function."

Last edited by Fuelish; 02-26-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuelish
Dunno if this helps or not, found it Googling...have not tried it to verify if it might work, my wife is out and about in the car atm...

"Q: How do you silence the horn beep feature when using the remote? asked by Jessica N on December 14, 2015
How do you silence the horn beep feature when using the remote?

A: Your car is set by default to honk the horn...

Your car is set by default to honk the horn when you lock your doors with the remote. However, you can change this if you prefer. Here’s what you need to do:
  1. Press both the lock and unlock buttons on your remote for two seconds.
  2. Watch for the hazard lights to flash three times.
  3. Lock the doors and confirm that the horn does not sound.
If you want to reactivate the beep feature:
  1. Press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons on the remote for at least two seconds.
  2. Watch for the hazard lights to flash once. The horn should honk one time.
Tip
Turning off this feature does not affect panic alarm function or security system function."
Unfortunately that didn't work

Old 02-26-2017, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
Bummer, haven't had a chance to try it....would've been too easy, eh?

Old 02-26-2017, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Do you have an EX? My EX won't beep unless I hit lock twice in succession. You're saying it won't beep when you hit it twice?

Old 02-27-2017, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bach
Do you have an EX? My EX won't beep unless I hit lock twice in succession. You're saying it won't beep when you hit it twice?
Yes. Doesn't beep at all when locking it.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KByers12
Yes. Doesn't beep at all when locking it.
So all the doors lock physically and you can hear the mechanism engage, you just don't get the beep when you fob it twice in succession. Did you try opening and closing all the doors plus the hood and hatch, esp. the hatch? Now that I think about it, this has happened to me a few times, usually in humid weather, and I had to open and close the hatch.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bach
So all the doors lock physically and you can hear the mechanism engage, you just don't get the beep when you fob it twice in succession. Did you try opening and closing all the doors plus the hood and hatch, esp. the hatch? Now that I think about it, this has happened to me a few times, usually in humid weather, and I had to open and close the hatch.
Yeah, I've tried that and I can hear it lock. This happened a while ago and I've opened all doors including the hatch and hood several times since. I know the alarm is engaging because the indicator light comes on and it beeps when I use the auto-unlock on the handle and hatch.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
My '15 has never "beeped" when locking the car with the fob. The lights flash, but no beep unless the doors are already locked. If I press the lock button while the doors are locked I get a "beep" which tells me "I'm already locked, dummy!" You mean this isn't the way it's supposed to work?

Old 02-27-2017, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
My '15 has never "beeped" when locking the car with the fob. The lights flash, but no beep unless the doors are already locked. If I press the lock button while the doors are locked I get a "beep" which tells me "I'm already locked, dummy!" You mean this isn't the way it's supposed to work?
That probably is how its supposed to work, but; regardless... It's not. There's got to be a way to engage and disengage the beep. I know the unit isn't broken because it's beeping when I open the door... But since I spend a lot of time in noisy areas I'd like the lights to flash and the car to beep when I hit the button from afar to make sure it's locked.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
That probably is how its supposed to work, but; regardless... It's not. There's got to be a way to engage and disengage the beep. I know the unit isn't broken because it's beeping when I open the door... But since I spend a lot of time in noisy areas I'd like the lights to flash and the car to beep when I hit the button from afar to make sure it's locked.
It just dawned on me that I have no idea if my car "beeps" when I unlock it with the fob or not, since I've never used the fob to unlock the car. I just walk up to the car and touch the door handle. Saves having to fish for the fob in my pocket.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
It just dawned on me that I have no idea if my car "beeps" when I unlock it with the fob or not, since I've never used the fob to unlock the car. I just walk up to the car and touch the door handle. Saves having to fish for the fob in my pocket.
Mine doesn't beep when I use the fob to unlock, only when I use the handle/hatch release, but it definitely blinks.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Sometimes I use the fob to open all the doors. The car beeps.

We're talking beep, not horn, right?

Old 02-27-2017, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
Sometimes I use the fob to open all the doors. The car beeps.

We're talking beep, not horn, right?
Correct.

I'll likely call my dealership in the morning to see if they can coach me over the phone. It's under warranty so I'm optimistic... I just don't want to have to bring it in.

I'll report my findings.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Mine has never beeped unlocking, only locking with a second push on the fob lock button....Am sure the stealership would be more than happy to "assist" you

Old 02-28-2017, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
I question the instructions in post #2, just because my new Honda has never "honked". It beeps.
My Gen 2 2010 Fit...honked...but my Gen 3 2016 beeps.

Old 12-18-2017, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
I forgot to report back...

There's a connector under the hood, attached to the latch, that slipped out of place, so it totally disabled the alarm system. It was oxidized as hell, so it's obviously been disconnected a while, but I took a wire brush to it and now I'm good to go...... $120 in diagnostics later (since it wasn't an actual mechanical issue) and being told "We couldn't get it back in because, it seems like, there's something jammed in there."

Old 12-18-2017, 11:07 AM
I forgot to report back...

There's a connector under the hood, attached to the latch, that slipped out of place, so it totally disabled the alarm system. It was oxidized as hell, so it's obviously been disconnected a while, but I took a wire brush to it and now I'm good to go...... $120 in diagnostics later (since it wasn't an actual mechanical issue) and being told "We couldn't get it back in because, it seems like, there's something jammed in there."

Got a picture of this connector?

Old 12-20-2017, 08:55 AM
All this time and I never noticed this:

Name:  C3Cf1Vy.jpg
Views: 4048
Size:  1.66 MB

Old 08-09-2019, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
Got a picture of this connector?
I have the same exact issue- a picture of the connection/location would help

Quick Reply: Enable Locking Beep?