3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Anyone Else Think LaneWatch is Stupid?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by fizzy99
Why would you want it on the left side for changing lanes. If you are only using this feature to check your blind spots, think of the steps involved in the aspect of turning your head.... Your going to turn your head left to check the side mirror, then your going to turn your head basically 90 degrees right to check the info screen? I'll stick to the traditional look in left mirror and then slightly more left to check the blind spot.

Now think of how your head is turning when checking the right side lanes. The first thing your eyes will view is the headunit. Blindspot checked. You check the right side mirror. Then your head naturally turns back, eyes glazing over the lanewatch view again for someone in that blind spot.

Having lane watch on the Right side is the best in aspects of checking blindspots. There would just be to much more head turning if you used it check blind spots on the left side.
I disagree. First of all, you don't really have to turn your head to check the info screen. I don't know about you, but my head is equipped with eyeballs that move in their sockets. A slight diagonal glance to the right (without turning my head) is enough to take in the info screen. However, that's really beside the point because avoiding turning my head is not my objective. In fact, it's a good idea to turn your head often because it keeps the neck muscles loose, and thus prevents you from getting a sore neck. Go ahead and always drive holding your head perfectly still, just make sure to stock up on the Advil for your stiff neck. Therefore, I conclude that Honda would be providing an additional health benefit by installing LaneWatch on both sides, as it would encourage drivers engage in frequent neck flexing exercises.