Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   contact Honda now and ask for automatic climate control (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/95650-contact-honda-now-ask-automatic-climate-control.html)

salamlaith 04-14-2017 11:24 AM

contact Honda now and ask for automatic climate control

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...eb7029c4d7.png
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...ae5f257de1.png

contact Honda on facebook now and ask for automatic climate control option to be available in USA like the Canadian ones.

Uncle Gary 04-14-2017 12:34 PM

Why? Just more complexity I don't need.

Fuelish 04-14-2017 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Gary (Post 1369321)

Agreed ... already own my Fit, living just fine without it, it's meaningless to me. I'm fine with having to turn on the ac or heat, use knobs/switches to control everything, use a key to start the car, and shift my own gears. Love my humble LX

fitchet 04-14-2017 02:05 PM

Yeah...
My previous vehicle had "Climate Control" and I was often over riding it anyway.

I wouldn't be opposed to having it.
I'm not feeling I really need it or missing it.

salamlaith 04-14-2017 02:16 PM

I drive for Lyft, the cabinet inside temperature is changing rapidly every time doors are open and how many passengers in the car, I had to adjust the fan speed and the temp every all the time.
with my Scion iM, with ACC I don't have this problem.
I didn't notes how important the ACC till I started driving for Lyft, otherwise if you are driving from point A to B without changes the manual will be good enough.
think about it, why homes has ACC? would you like to keep walk to the controllers every time its cold or hot ??
ACC on the Canadian Fit is optimal on EX-L only, it will not cost you a dime if contact them.

Fuelish 04-14-2017 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by salamlaith (Post 1369335)
enough.
think about it, why homes has ACC? would you like to keep walk to the controllers every time its cold or hot ??
ACC on the Canadian Fit is optimal on EX-L only, it will not cost you a dime if contact them.

I don't mind walking to my home's thermostat to adjust temp as needed...no big deal, am thankful I have a house with heat and ac....as far as not costing a dime, well time is money, and I ain't taking the time to ask for something I don't want nor need....I wish you luck

salamlaith 04-14-2017 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Fuelish (Post 1369339)
I don't mind walking to my home's thermostat to adjust temp as needed

your adjust your home thermostat at 72f for example, and the thermostat will automatically adjust the fans speed to reach that temperature as soon as possible, when the house temperature reaches 72f the ac system will shout off that's exactly what the ACC does.

fizzy99 04-14-2017 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by salamlaith (Post 1369335)

That does make sense, being in only EX-L.
EX-L should have more luxury features. Like this, exterior sensors, and maybe even a remote start. They shouldn't start a luxury Trim if they are not planning to go all head to head with whats moderately new.

Alas, I didn't buy a EX-L because I did not want to keep up with the leather maintenance over the course of many years.

But I completely agree EX-L should have this automatic control.

Will I contact them about it? Naw. I like knowing when my AC is on-on, and rather it not kick on when I don't want it to.
I'm sure the reason why it was left out of US line was for cost and demand. If I am not mistaken, this higher trim only started with these 3rd gen's, they could just be testing the waters in the US market, keeping the changes between EX-L and EX minor till they have feedback in what more features features are desired in the luxury trim and how that will change that price point and demand.... hopefully.

If you really want it, sounds like a road trip tto p Canada for a trade. ;)

Jack Hammer 04-14-2017 08:54 PM

Pretty sure ACC comes with the EX-L model, US edition. I thought I saw it on one when I bought my 2016 EX. I know it's in the owners manual. Unless it was a used Canadian model I saw. I forget.

DaveGee 04-14-2017 11:00 PM

My 2017 EX-L does not have ACC. It's a Canadian thing.

DaveGee

KentFinn 04-14-2017 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Hammer (Post 1369366)
Pretty sure ACC comes with the EX-L model, US edition. I thought I saw it on one when I bought my 2016 EX. I know it's in the owners manual. Unless it was a used Canadian model I saw. I forget.

Yup, ACC standard on the US EX-L, along with CVC, wink mirrors and Leather for slightly over 2 grand USD over my 2015 EX 6M w/AC to match. Leather in Nashville? It was 90 at the front bumper today, Apr. 14. It was so hot I took my light jacket off, went to Office Depot, the bank, and to Kroger's, all with my legally held and carried revolver inside the waist band holster. Not a single head turned, not even from little kids.

I owned a 2008 Suzuki SX4 with ACC. It worked great ... cool or warm within half a mile of startup. Like the feature, but it isn't work the extra bucks and the scorched butt, YMMV.

:p:

kenchan 04-15-2017 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Gary (Post 1369321)

you from the flinstones (cavemen) era? all u do is hit AUTO and adjust temperature and leave it.
if u need defrost or max a/c, just hit those buttons, then hit AUTO again when satisfied..

KentFinn 04-15-2017 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1369387)
you from the flinstones (cavemen) era? all u do is hit AUTO and adjust temperature and leave it.
if u need defrost or max a/c, just hit those buttons, then hit AUTO again when satisfied..

To each his/her own ... YMMV ... ACC is convent, but not a necessity for everyone. Uncle Gary MAY be a troglodyte, or just someone who prefers simplicity.

dwtaylorpdx 04-15-2017 11:06 PM

FUnny ,, I've never ridden in a vehicle with climate control that was comfortable. Always slow to react and overshooting the temps.

If I could gut it out of my wifes E46 BMW I'd do it in a heartbeat.. It wasn't available in the US without it, but was in the EU.. 175 dollar fan controller is one of the like 50 parts it takes to make it go..

My littel GD does fine with 3 knobs and no dinking around..

Brain Champagne 04-16-2017 07:45 PM

Without it I find I'm constantly adjusting the temp/fan when I go from sun to shade or sun to clouds, stopped in traffic to highway driving, etc. It would be a nice feature.

Uncle Gary 04-16-2017 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by KentFinn (Post 1369397)
To each his/her own ... YMMV ... ACC is convent, but not a necessity for everyone. Uncle Gary MAY be a troglodyte, or just someone who prefers simplicity.

I think the proper term for me might better be "luddite" (Google it).

Or maybe I just don't see it as an issue one way or the other. In any case, I'm not going to waste my time asking Honda for something I don't need because someone is using his Fit as a taxi, and has to adjust the heater controls. That comes under the category of "first world problems."

Besides, I know from experience, that contacting Honda is a waste of time. I did that over the sagging bumper issue, and the dashboard gap issue. Two years later, both issues are unresolved, and I'm done contacting Honda. They just don't care.

kenchan 04-17-2017 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx (Post 1369440)
FUnny ,, I've never ridden in a vehicle with climate control that was comfortable. Always slow to react and overshooting the temps.

If I could gut it out of my wifes E46 BMW I'd do it in a heartbeat.. It wasn't available in the US without it, but was in the EU.. 175 dollar fan controller is one of the like 50 parts it takes to make it go..

My littel GD does fine with 3 knobs and no dinking around..

ur BMW is one of the worst examples of how climate control works.. seriously, even the newer 3-series suck, dont think that all climate controls are like dat because my cars work fine. i think generally BMW drivers who have their lower rank cars are silly.. they suffer and accept the discomfort just for the badge.

salamlaith 04-17-2017 08:58 AM

just to add facts

1- ACC has sensors to for sun light and moister inside the cabinet to Auto adjust the AC according to.

2- Automatic Climate Control CAN BE MANUAL TOO!, just don't hit the Auto button and chose the temp and fan speed manually.

2Rismo2 04-17-2017 09:55 AM

It's really not a feature that would nudge me to go from an EX to an EX-L either if it was available in the US.

It's funny people complained about touch screen controls for radio, and now others want it for the HVAC system lol.

https://www.honda.ca/Content/honda.c...nterior_05.jpg

Action Jackson 04-17-2017 11:47 AM

While you are asking Honda for this, can you also ask for the Mugen suspension and rear discs as well? LOL

Bassguitarist1985 04-17-2017 02:05 PM

I would have liked the auto climate myself, but TBH its way more complexity and more stuff to potentially go wrong.

Some dude named Conner already made a DIY for the 2nd gen. Damn impressive too.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...onversion.html

dwtaylorpdx 04-17-2017 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1369532)
ur BMW is one of the worst examples of how climate control works.. seriously, even the newer 3-series suck, dont think that all climate controls are like dat because my cars work fine. i think generally BMW drivers who have their lower rank cars are silly.. they suffer and accept the discomfort just for the badge.

Chevy
Ford
Nissan
VW
PORCHE
DODGE

ALL SUCK.. in my experience.. YMMV

KentFinn 04-17-2017 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx (Post 1369573)
Chevy
Ford
Nissan
VW
PORCHE
DODGE

ALL SUCK.. in my experience.. YMMV

With the exception of the 2008 Suzuki SX4 Turing, I have had no experience with ACC. It was good, it would blow warm or cool as required within a half mile of start up and pull off, no engine warm up needed. Window defrost was about a half mile ahead.

Belch 04-19-2017 05:35 AM

Mine has it, and aside from looking way better, it's quite good at switching automatically between defrost, dash and under dash vents depending upon how cold or hot it is.

The only problem is that it's a dust magnet and since it's a touch screen, you just have to look at the dust until the car is off or you'll end up changing all sorts of settings.

I'm sure there's some added complexity, but knobs are so last century.

Buck Fitty 04-19-2017 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Belch (Post 1369712)
... but knobs are so last century.

Simple, reliable, and easy to use. Even dust doesn't compromise their functionality and reliability!

Belch 04-20-2017 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Buck Fitty (Post 1369732)
Simple, reliable, and easy to use. Even dust doesn't compromise their functionality and reliability!

On the other hand, it looks so much better without all those knobs.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...4a176bdf60.jpg

Fuelish 04-20-2017 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Belch (Post 1369801)

Says you...

Uncle Gary 04-20-2017 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Belch (Post 1369801)

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...4a176bdf60.jpg

Take away the volume knob on the radio and people cry and whine. Then other people want the heat/AC knobs replaced with a touch screen. I'm glad I'm not Honda and have to worry about making everybody happy.

dwtaylorpdx 04-20-2017 05:49 PM

One of the top five fails on new cars is after the first 4 to 5 years is the electronics, head units and climate control, lighting controls etc.. 4 year car flippers typically won't see the issues,, I have a 1994 Jeep I bought brand new.. I hang on to stuff for a while. So less electronics the better.. :)

My 94 jeep has 15 fuses,, 07 fit has about 30, 2005 BMW has about a hundred I haven't been able to count them all and get the same number.. :(

I prefer a analog style volume knob just for the less thinking aspect ,, What can I say I'm old ,, but sometimes I just want it to change instantly..

KentFinn 04-20-2017 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx (Post 1369868)
One of the top five fails on new cars is after the first 4 to 5 years is the electronics, head units and climate control, lighting controls etc.. 4 year car flippers typically won't see the issues,, I have a 1994 Jeep I bought brand new.. I hang on to stuff for a while. So less electronics the better.. :)

My 94 jeep has 15 fuses,, 07 fit has about 30, 2005 BMW has about a hundred I haven't been able to count them all and get the same number.. :(

I prefer a analog style volume knob just for the less thinking aspect ,, What can I say I'm old ,, but sometimes I just want it to change instantly..

I've had at least as much trouble from pre-2000s cars as from post. Drive train warranties only cover some electronics.

But the days of the crank starter are over, the tall cars that could be set up right by a tall man after flipping it. Things change ... the touch screen frequently frustrates me and at the same time fascinates me beats the hell out of the old idiot lights.

Belch 04-21-2017 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Gary (Post 1369853)
Take away the volume knob on the radio and people cry and whine. Then other people want the heat/AC knobs replaced with a touch screen. I'm glad I'm not Honda and have to worry about making everybody happy.

It's just a factory option they can provide if enough customers ask for it. Believe me, they don't give them away. Some people can be swayed over to the competition by simpler things than that, and Honda would rather we spend our money with them.

If you want to be a luddite, these aren't the best of times. I'm still wondering what was so wrong with simple keys that fit into an ignition. :mad:

KentFinn 04-21-2017 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Belch (Post 1369919)
It's just a factory option they can provide if enough customers ask for it. Believe me, they don't give them away. Some people can be swayed over to the competition by simpler things than that, and Honda would rather we spend our money with them.

If you want to be a luddite, these aren't the best of times. I'm still wondering what was so wrong with simple keys that fit into an ignition. :mad:

I did my good deed last Wed. I was waiting for a friend at Kroger's when a gulley washer (frog strangler) storm came along. A little OLD (I'm 76 so I know old) came in. She was soaked to the bone and asked for the house phone. She made several calls for family help but none was available. She couldn't open the door to her car.

I was sitting next to the phone and I finally told her I'd try to help once the rain slacked off. I followed her to her car, an almost new Lexus. She opened the trunk without effort and firmly closed it. I told her to push the open button on the key fob and I opened the door.

The partially opened trunk stopped the key fob from unlocking the driver's door? Damfino, but it would seem that technology was defeating itself.

nobdy 04-21-2017 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Belch (Post 1369919)

The tumbler mechanism is likely more expensive than a push button start.

Technical complexity is the nemesis of longterm function. In the US market, few people are looking at Fits because they infatuated with technology. On the contrary, the simplicity (some might call it crudeness) of the thing is a rarity in our market. It's hard for me to envision a lot of potential Fit buyers who are OK with the price, the seats, the noise and the ride, but would see a radio knob or conventional heat and AC controls and say "I have to turn a knob to be warmer or increase the radio volume?!?! That's a deal breaker!".

salamlaith 07-02-2018 09:03 AM

I love it, thanks

oiric2006@gmail.com 07-02-2018 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by nobdy (Post 1369944)
The tumbler mechanism is likely more expensive than a push button start.

Technical complexity is the nemesis of longterm function. In the US market, few people are looking at Fits because they infatuated with technology. On the contrary, the simplicity (some might call it crudeness) of the thing is a rarity in our market. It's hard for me to envision a lot of potential Fit buyers who are OK with the price, the seats, the noise and the ride, but would see a radio knob or conventional heat and AC controls and say "I have to turn a knob to be warmer or increase the radio volume?!?! That's a deal breaker!".

+1;):thumbups:

vinylengraver 07-02-2018 11:32 AM

I have had several cars with auto climate control and they still had physical controls - ie knobs that you would turn to set the temp etc.
This one, with nothing but capacitive "sliders" looks odd in a simple car like the FIT - out of place and unnecessary.
So now FIT has a volume knob again, but everything else is touch-sensitive.
Weird.

kenchan 07-02-2018 12:55 PM

more than anything thing needs a bigger compressor and push colder air before climate control.

QuiGonQuinn 07-04-2018 07:27 AM

I am more than happy with the manual controls. For the same reason I prefer a stick shift....control...

My 2000 Insight had "auto climate control" and I used it solely in manual override mode at all times. So it's more of a hassle, that we end up paying for, anyway.

fitchet 07-04-2018 01:44 PM

As I stated, I don't miss a Climate Control.
But I'd also say, usually amenities on vehicles just continue to improve as the bar get's set higher and higher.
I'd expect the Honda Fit to eventually come with Climate Control across the line.

And I agree however, Honda first needs to boost the overall strength of the AC system. Too many posts, usually from hotter climates of owners disappointed in Fit AC strength. If you are going to offer Climate Control, fix that simultaneously.

KentFinn 07-04-2018 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by fitchet (Post 1404495)
As I stated, I don't miss a Climate Control.
But I'd also say, usually amenities on vehicles just continue to improve as the bar get's set higher and higher.
I'd expect the Honda Fit to eventually come with Climate Control across the line.

And I agree however, Honda first needs to boost the overall strength of the AC system. Too many posts, usually from hotter climates of owners disappointed in Fit AC strength. If you are going to offer Climate Control, fix that simultaneously.

You have to remember that people who are satisfied with a certain feature or product are not going to post.

Given that this has been an unusually hot (no joke) summer across the nation and the world, AC is going to be major subject of complaint.