3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New Sun Shade

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 03:13 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
I just fold mine and stuff it between the passenger seat and the door. No one really rides shotgun in my commuter car so it's not a big deal. If I head out to lunch with a co-worker,I just toss it in the backseat.

I've been contemplating window visors but haven't decided if I like the look and concerned that it'll make the car noisier.
i had window visors on two of my 4 fits and it did not make the car noisier.
i liked the look but did not enjoy wiping the windows after a car wash because i'd have to lower the window to dry the top portion hidden behind the visor yet when i rolled the window back up, had to wipe the bottom of the glass as it would pick up the water inside the door. lol. x4 windows it became a chore after a while. i don't run visors on the GK or any of my other cars now.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by lawjie
Any comments? what you guys do to reduce the temp inside of the car?
Remote-Start, with the A/C fan in the MAX position, 5 minutes before I leave the building. Long-range remote with a Viper 5706 setup.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qweltor
Remote-Start, with the A/C fan in the MAX position, 5 minutes before I leave the building. Long-range remote with a Viper 5706 setup.
Curious about your remote start setup. Does the viper key fob replace your smart key (or do you have an LX)? When you open the door, does the car shut off like the Honda factory remote starter? How much did you pay for the system w/ install? Thanks for your time.

Last edited by 2Rismo2; 07-18-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:48 AM
5 Year Member
A/C fan in the MAX position, 5 minutes before I leave the building.

What a waste of a non-renewable resource.

Old 07-19-2017, 03:20 AM
Does the viper key fob replace your smart key (or do you have an LX)? When you open the door, does the car shut off like the Honda factory remote starter? How much did you pay for the system w/ install? Thanks for your time.
I have a standard key ignition.

I got it at Best Buy thirteen months ago, when the same SKU was $300 (for the basic 5706 system). Basic install was $200. I shopped on Amazon for optional modules (tilt sensor, glass break, etc).

I have a key ignition. Others have installed a 5706v with a push-to-start ignition; it works. They carry the Viper fob and the smart key. Ask your local installer for details.

Old 07-19-2017, 03:23 AM
Originally Posted by Press Fit
What a waste of a non-renewable resource.
We make choices according to our priorities.

There is no requirement that we all have the same priorities.

The Fit Hybrid or the Fit EV are options, if that is what you would like to choose.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
no worries gweltor, we all just post our opinions.

5min to cool ur car is fine in my books, its much better than an airplane im riding dat sits at the end of the tarmac with all 4 engines running waiting for the tower to give the pilot the clear.

that is a HUGE waste of fuel

Old 07-19-2017, 09:28 PM
There are barely any planes left with four engines and usually they have only one going while they're taxiing and waiting.

In their case, they don't have options- it's not the pilot's fault, nor the airline's, that the government allows more slots than capacity would allow. That's just terrible management.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:42 AM
5 Year Member
I have a standard key ignition.

I got it at Best Buy thirteen months ago, when the same SKU was $300 (for the basic 5706 system). Basic install was $200. I shopped on Amazon for optional modules (tilt sensor, glass break, etc).

I have a key ignition. Others have installed a 5706v with a push-to-start ignition; it works. They carry the Viper fob and the smart key. Ask your local installer for details.
Thanks for the info. I would prefer not to have to carry 2 fobs so I guess that's a no go for me.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:08 PM
I would prefer not to have to carry 2 fobs so I guess that's a no go for me.
My original Honda remote keys still work with the Viper system installed, so I can lock/unlock the car (without the additional remote start or Viper features).

The remote key is bigger (because of the electronics) than the non-remote key. So I use a Honda non-remote key with a Viper remote (either the bigger 2-way remote, or the smaller 1-way remote).

There are smart keys with a 3-button configuration (lock, unlock, panic) and a 4-button (lock, unlock, panic, engine) configuration.

I'd suggest getting a 4-button smart key and programing it to your Fit. You could probably contact Viper, or ask your local installer, to see if this is possible.

=====

P.S. A Remote Start accessory is also available for the Fit EX/EX-L. Ask your local Honda dealer.

Last edited by qweltor; 07-20-2017 at 10:39 PM. Reason: found the factory/dealer part!
Old 07-21-2017, 05:39 AM
5 Year Member
My original Honda remote keys still work with the Viper system installed, so I can lock/unlock the car (without the additional remote start or Viper features).

The remote key is bigger (because of the electronics) than the non-remote key. So I use a Honda non-remote key with a Viper remote (either the bigger 2-way remote, or the smaller 1-way remote).

There are smart keys with a 3-button configuration (lock, unlock, panic) and a 4-button (lock, unlock, panic, engine) configuration.

I'd suggest getting a 4-button smart key and programing it to your Fit. You could probably contact Viper, or ask your local installer, to see if this is possible.

=====

P.S. A Remote Start accessory is also available for the Fit EX/EX-L. Ask your local Honda dealer.
The OEM remote start unit has a safety feature that kills the engine as soon as you open the door. I don't like that behavior as it seems pointless to have to restart the car again once you get inside.

I guess I've got used to having minimal keys with the new smart key so I don't want to carry 2 fobs around. I know, first world problems... 😆

Old 07-21-2017, 09:16 AM
The OEM remote start unit has a safety feature that kills the engine as soon as you open the door.
The Viper system doesn't do that. A/C continues to blow cold when the door is opened. ;-)

Like I mentioned, the factory remote keys still work just fine with the Viper system.

so I don't want to carry 2 fobs around. I know, first world problems... 😆
Well, you ARE on a internet forum, talking about a luxury car*.

*A third-world nation, even the LX-model is a 'luxury' car.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Brain Champagne
There are barely any planes left with four engines and usually they have only one going while they're taxiing and waiting.

In their case, they don't have options- it's not the pilot's fault, nor the airline's, that the government allows more slots than capacity would allow. That's just terrible management.
well going by ur logic, it aint gweltor's fault the sun is so faking hot in the summer.. (?)

rather some wasted fuel vs smelly ballz..
i agree with his priorities.