3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Are there any add-on's that are worth buying from the dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 04:39 PM
Question Are there any add-on's that are worth buying from the dealer?

Interior or exterior.

I was going to buy my floor mats from Amazon for cheaper, but I also want a cargo tray and maybe a rear bumper applique so I can load stuff without chipping the paint, maybe also a rear seatback protector so when I have my seats down they are protected. Not sure yet. Is any of this stuff worth getting?

Old 08-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
and after dropping a huge bomb of a thread i thought you wanted to buy your car the cheapest possible from the dealer? wtf?

anyway the applique is useful. honestly if your dealer offered clearbra that would be the option i would suggest the most. floor mats get it from amazon as you noted. get the dealer options online like college hills or bernardi etc. GL

Old 08-01-2017, 06:09 PM
I do but I also wanted to know if anything extra was worth it. I'd like to protect the car as long as I can.

Old 08-01-2017, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
check out local tint shops that offer clearbra installation. i HIGHLY recommend you get it early on for your front bumper and hood at minimum. usually they will include the side mirrors and fenders if you do both. typical price range anywhere from $350 - 550 for 3M based film installed.

if using self-curing Xpel Ultimate, price will be higher, but then clearbra is a wear item, i now only use the 3M and just replace it every couple of years. i ran Xpel Ultimate on a previous hobby car and it was good material.

Old 08-01-2017, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
I'm going to say, whatever you may want as far as accessories, you can probably get cheaper online today.
But having said that, at my dealership when I bought The Fit, they gave me a 20% off coupon good for X amount purchased at their parts department. I used it to buy the Cargo Cover, which is REALLY nice, but overpriced. The coupon made the purchase more palatable.
Personally, I like The Cargo Cover, Cargo Tray, Floor mats those would be my essentials, in any vehicle. Although given the price many have forgone the Cargo Cover, and/or made their own.
My dealership "gave"...I use the term with extreme sarcasm, the OEM all weather mats to me with the vehicle. They are OK...but IMO for the money probably not as good as Husky, or Weathertech. I highly recommend custom fit options. For safety reasons.
I like the Cargo Tray.
I also recommend a custom heat shield for the window.

I had a rear bumper applique on my 2010, I did NOT get one on this Fit. I may regret it someday. But there is so little lip on the bumper it hardly seemed worth it.

Last edited by fitchet; 08-01-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member
Another vote for the cargo tray.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
I would buy everything aftermarket, including OEM stuff IMO. These are what I bought:

Husky All weather mats
wheel locks (our wheels can be used by many vehicles so it's a popular target for theft)
Windshield visor since you're in Florida
Cargo tray would be good. I keep telling myself I should buy, but never got around to it. I may just buy a outdoor rug from HD and cut it to size.

Cargo cover I didn't buy, but made my own. Cost of $30

Old 08-02-2017, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
I keep a couple of those airplane blankets around the hatch area and use them as liners to prevent any possible scratches from luggage or stuff from home depot. They are generic enough to be useful anywhere in the car. They could be use as solar screen on the dash or windshield, as a towel to wipe things clean, and as an emergency blanket if I ever have to sleep in the car.

Last edited by wasserball; 08-02-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
I bought a dashboard cover ($24) to reduce glare, a glue-on rear bumper protector ($28) to protect when loading, and a set of rubber front floor mats ($70)....all on line, all a good addition.

Old 08-02-2017, 02:30 PM
Nothing is worth buying for their prices, but I did get the dealer to toss in extras to seal the deal. Remember they may charge $110, but on the books it might be worth $25. I have a ton of the dealer accessories on mine, paid $500 over the negotiated price of invoice plus $750 (aka $250 under MSRP). Worth buying for $500, ya, lol. But opinions of the items:
All Season floor mats (yes from somewhere)
Rear Mud Guards (yes keeps alot of crap off the sides)
Cargo Tray (yes, easy to clean)
Front grill (I like the way it looks)
Fog light trim (really improves the looks)
Block Heater (depends where you live)
Wheel locks (as long as cheap enough)
Cargo net (eh, holds the snow brush is about it)
Cargo organizer (works great as a suitcase when travelling)
Illuminated door sill trim (bling only, but I like it)
Trunk & Edge protector (better than plastic on the bumper)

Last edited by Kithkarnon; 08-02-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
I would buy any item online from bernardiparts.com or similar if you can easily add it to the car. The dealer will charge you list price.

If it's something with an annoying installation, then probably dealer can be worth avoiding that hassle.

That said, with my Fit I wanted the rear bumper applique - it really helps protect it - and the dealer was fresh out when it came time to deliver! So they send it to me "free" in the mail later and I applied the damn thing myself. So I should have just bought it online and saved some $$ It's just a sticker, so what I learned was: stickers aren't that hard, and I guarantee a guy at the dealer isn't going to take more care than I did on my own car.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by fujisawa
I would buy any item online from bernardiparts.com or similar if you can easily add it to the car. The dealer will charge you list price.

If it's something with an annoying installation, then probably dealer can be worth avoiding that hassle.

That said, with my Fit I wanted the rear bumper applique - it really helps protect it - and the dealer was fresh out when it came time to deliver! So they send it to me "free" in the mail later and I applied the damn thing myself. So I should have just bought it online and saved some $$ It's just a sticker, so what I learned was: stickers aren't that hard, and I guarantee a guy at the dealer isn't going to take more care than I did on my own car.
This is good information to know. Thank you!

Old 08-03-2017, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
All weather mats, that's about all I'd buy.

What I wouldn't buy are wheel locks. Total waste of money. They make special sockets for stripped out lug nut removal. Those will easily also remove a wheel lock. The sockets that can be purchased from any discount auto parts store. The removal sockets and a battery operated impact are tools any professional will have. All wheel locks are going to do is keep honest people honest. Besides everyone who has wheel locks keeps the key by the spare tire, center counsel or glove box. If someone wants your wheels they will take them no matter what you do. What the wheel locks will do is cost you money for purchase and removal once you loose the key. Besides, I wouldn't consider 16" Fit wheels in high demand for thieves. They'll target more expensive models with wheel upgrade options such as a Civic.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rob H
All weather mats, that's about all I'd buy.

What I wouldn't buy are wheel locks. Total waste of money. They make special sockets for stripped out lug nut removal. Those will easily also remove a wheel lock. The sockets that can be purchased from any discount auto parts store. The removal sockets and a battery operated impact are tools any professional will have. All wheel locks are going to do is keep honest people honest. Besides everyone who has wheel locks keeps the key by the spare tire, center counsel or glove box. If someone wants your wheels they will take them no matter what you do. What the wheel locks will do is cost you money for purchase and removal once you loose the key. Besides, I wouldn't consider 16" Fit wheels in high demand for thieves. They'll target more expensive models with wheel upgrade options such as a Civic.
honda's all weather mats are sort of okay for the rear but not for the front. husky or weathertech is the way to go. the other 3D floormat (3D MAXpider), i had a hole in it and a broken emblem by the 2nd yr. they arent very durable.

actually 4x100 is very popular in the older car market. current civic uses a different PCD.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member
I'd rather not wake up to this:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...da-fit-ex.html

https://www.cars.com/articles/it-too...1420680629965/

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2015...ths-police-say

Tire thieves appear to be targeting Honda Fit cars

Even search this site and you'll find members have had their wheels stolen off their Fits. Sure if a thief is determined they'll take the whole dang car but I'd rather make the car less attractive to steel from. In that picture above, it's funny that the car in front is also a Honda Fit. Maybe it had wheel locks lol

Old 08-03-2017, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
It's telling you that the earlier version is not worth taking. From the license frame it looks like City of Industry (Puente Hills Honda). Not a very nice place in the LA burb.

Last edited by wasserball; 08-03-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Again wether someone wants to steal Fit wheels or not, the wheel locks are virtually useless.

This is the best one. Guy says don't use the video to steel someones wheels

Last edited by Rob H; 08-03-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Nothing will stop an organized thief who is targeting your property. However wheel locks will stop the punks when the theft is more of a spur of the moment thing.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
i agree about those locks. kinda like your porch door lock to your house. people can kick it in if desired. some will be harder than others but they will find a way

Old 08-03-2017, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kithkarnon
Nothing will stop an organized thief who is targeting your property. However wheel locks will stop the punks when the theft is more of a spur of the moment thing.
Exactly my thinking. It's not going to stop determined thieves but if you can deter them to go after an easier mark then that's enough for me.

I still lock my car doors even though I know a professional thief can open it with an inflatable air wedge. It's not preventing a professional, but the crack head randomly trying car doors in parking lots...

Quick Reply: Are there any add-on's that are worth buying from the dealer?