3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Need to solve my wheel poke problem...rally armour?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Macswfc
Ya well things change in life my man. Mainly my wife losing her job and myself having to get a second to make up for it. Plus my disabled son has had many complications lately. Thanks for your input though.

PS ya I suck at money too lol
No need to get sensitive, I definitely understand things changing & I wish you the best....but just get some new tires for your OEM wheels. It is the best way to spend that money for the safest, most reliable Fit possible. Plus tires for 15" wheels are mad cheap.

Cool. As long as I can sell the ones I bought the price will more or less equal out to the cost of new tires (a bit extra) which I will need to buy regardless of wether I get new rims anyways. As long as they don't rub I'll be happy. What tire size could you recommend for the wheels? The tires on the current wheels I bought are 205/50 and thank you for your help, it's appreciated.
IMO you should really just sell those chrome things and get new tires for the OE wheels. You'll get the best possible MPG & the car will be easier on components. Wheels that are much lower offset place more stress on many components.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:32 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Cool. As long as I can sell the ones I bought the price will more or less equal out to the cost of new tires (a bit extra) which I will need to buy regardless of wether I get new rims anyways. As long as they don't rub I'll be happy. What tire size could you recommend for the wheels? The tires on the current wheels I bought are 205/50 and thank you for your help, it's appreciated.
yah i run 205/50/16's winter set on the GK. it's a nice fit.
if you use steel tapered (acorn) lugs on your aftermarket wheels, you can sandwich a 5mm spacer on the rear wheels to push it out a tad.
you want to have 10mm of thread on the lugs when you mount onto the car.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
No need to get sensitive, I definitely understand things changing & I wish you the best....but just get some new tires for your OEM wheels. It is the best way to spend that money for the safest, most reliable Fit possible. Plus tires for 15" wheels are mad cheap.

IMO you should really just sell those chrome things and get new tires for the OE wheels. You'll get the best possible MPG & the car will be easier on components. Wheels that are much lower offset place more stress on many components.
You sir are like Spock, cool collected and logical....but no fun haha. I hear you, and I might just end up doing that....and ya my middle name is "thin skin", apologies.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah i run 205/50/16's winter set on the GK. it's a nice fit.
if you use steel tapered (acorn) lugs on your aftermarket wheels, you can sandwich a 5mm spacer on the rear wheels to push it out a tad.
you want to have 10mm of thread on the lugs when you mount onto the car.
Awesome, thanks.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:27 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, finish up the ride with some Swift lowering springs and it will look real nice. GL!