3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

News: National Post, Car Review: 2018 Honda Fit,

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
News: National Post, Car Review: 2018 Honda Fit,

Honda's jaunty Fit Sport adds a bit of spark to the subcompact hatchback segment

...the subcompact segment is not doing particularly well; sales in Canada through August of this year are down almost 27 per cent from the year previously.
There’s only one big problem with the Fit. It doesn’t. Fit, that is. Or, to be less obtuse, I don’t fit in the Fit – not comfortably, at least. There’s not enough room to stretch out my legs on longer trips. Sure, I’m six-foot-two, but it’s not as if that’s circus freakish. Yet for some reason, Honda sacrifices driver comfort — front-seat legroom — for extra back-seat room.
Reasonably well balanced. However, there is nothing in the article about the Fit's versatility of magic seats, cavernous hatch and Tardis qualities. How could he omit these features?

Old 10-17-2017, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
Maybe they figure everyone reading already knows? Being in Canada it's not a site I regularly read, but I did see this other article linked here before-

The right Fit: Putting my money where my mouth is | Driving

Sounds like they recommend the Fit to enough people that it's almost a cliche. And rightly so, I would say.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:56 AM
Im 6 foot 6 and I fit great in my 2015 LX. Had to get the LX because no sunroof gives you needed head room. I don't know what that guys talking about. I drove every compact car available and the Fit was the best for me. And I sit up straight in my car not sunk into the seat or legs super spread out hitting everything.
The EX is a somewhat tight fit headroom wise but the LX feels great. The way I sit I have just about 4 fingers from my head to ceiling.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:47 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy

Reasonably well balanced. However, there is nothing in the article about the Fit's versatility of magic seats, cavernous hatch and Tardis qualities. How could he omit these features?
cause the author doesnt know how to review cars from its demographic's pov. we dont care about him fitting or not fitting into the car.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
It's a very superficial review. Not a lot of time spent on it. I looked at the Fuel Economy and he only gave it a 7/10 which is silly since the Fit has tremendous fuel economy even measured against other subcompacts.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rikerr
Im 6 foot 6 and I fit great in my 2015 LX. Had to get the LX because no sunroof gives you needed head room. I don't know what that guys talking about. I drove every compact car available and the Fit was the best for me. And I sit up straight in my car not sunk into the seat or legs super spread out hitting everything.
The EX is a somewhat tight fit headroom wise but the LX feels great. The way I sit I have just about 4 fingers from my head to ceiling.
I'm a lot shorter than you at 6'2" and agreed, if I were any taller, the LX would probably be preferable. The only time the sunroof is a problem is with my helmet on during autocross. It does take up some valuable real estate.