3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Just bought 2018 Honda Fit but had massive Oversight

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by viewtiful
I purchased the car yesterday and I’m still waiting for delivery. I looked at the rules for returns/exchanges and apparently it’s up to the dealer’s own discretion whether or not they will honor it ( at least in Massachusetts) I don’t expect them to though. It will require a lot of work for them to fix, especially since I financed it.

Yeah, it definitely stings. I’m just hoping sharing my story will be therapeutic and ease the pain. I think I’ll get over it, but it’s just such a stupid thing I did.
Wow, if you haven't even taken possession of the vehicle yet? I'd certainly ask. Just tell them what you've told us.
You think you made a mistake with the Sport and would prefer an EX.

I once signed, purchased and drove off the lot with a vehicle then discovered just a few blocks away that THEY had made a rather severe mistake with reported mileage. Or at least they said it was a "honest" mistake.

Anyway, I complained and they "Unwound" the deal, and found me another.
Of course in this case the mistake was the dealersbip's...but it does show, if they want to, or have to, they can unwind a deal.

SORRY, Just saw post #16.
Well at least you did ask.

I don't know, you did get a sport with Honda Sensing, and you say you don't want a sunroof anyway. The rest of the difference IMO is not much. And you get some benefits with the sport that you wouldn't get with the EX. I'd easily be happy.

Last edited by fitchet; 12-19-2017 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:32 AM
5 Year Member
Or you can let go of greed and be appreciative you have a vehicle. So it didn't come with a big red bow, do you have to have buyer's remorse about that too?

Old 12-20-2017, 09:29 AM
Even though my fit came with a leather wrapped steering wheel, I still didn't like how thin it was, not to mention that it didn't feel like leather. So I did wrap it with a leather cover.... I've been happy ever since.

Name:  hXFtM4i.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  192.1 KB

Old 12-20-2017, 07:35 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by john21031
Or you can let go of greed and be appreciative you have a vehicle. So it didn't come with a big red bow, do you have to have buyer's remorse about that too?
wtf.. lol'ed

Old 12-20-2017, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
Since you have not had your car delivered. Change to the EX. Shouldn't bother the dealer at all if they want to sell a Fit.

Don't worry about the greed police. ;-)

Old 12-20-2017, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
yah, seems the dealer and bank already had his loan settled with the title filed.. would cost processing fees to have that redone i suppose.

i think he just waited too long, but then again first time purchase. id cut him some slack. live and learn.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:06 AM
Thats actually one of the reasons I love the Sport model. DOesnt have the honda sensing and has the key still (thank god). Only way I can think of to make it better is to have an AC and power window delete options, I would literally go order one now if they did that.

That said, yea the salesman should have tipped you off to the EX have honda sensing standard or you should have played around a bit online to research. I would much rather have the Sport model over EX since it has no honda sensing/no moonroof/a real key/kinda neat trim kit on the outside.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
Doesn't cost a cent to ask. They will tell you if there is a cost. Worth a shot rather than own a car you are not happy with. Good luck.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
ash, welcome to like 2 days ago. you're too late too...lol ..the op's long gone with the Sport.

Old 12-21-2017, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by viewtiful
So I finally bought a 2018 Honda Fit Sport CVT over the weekend. It's my first car purchase and it's a beautiful aegean blue. I love everything about the car, but I really messed up big time. So I purchased the Fit with Honda Sensing, but for some reason I overlooked the fact that EX is actually cheaper by around $200 once I factor in Honda Sensing on the Sports trim. Not only does the EX come with Honda Sensing as a standard, but it also comes with moonroof, push button start, variable intermittent wipers, sliding sun visors, AND floor mats. I already knew EX has Honda Sensing as standard but because it has moonroof which I don't want, and because I expected it to be more expensive, I didn't look into it much. But considering how it's actually $200 cheaper, and I could've had all those extra options, I'm kinda bummed about my purchased. For some reason, I just assumed EX would've still been more expensive even if I added Honda Sensing to the Sports trim. I thought I had done a lot of research, but I guess it wasn't enough. I should've had more diligence in my research.

I'm still excited about my new car, but in the back of my mind I know that I could've paid less and have more features. Lesson learned.

Never buy a car Made in Mexico!
Merry Christmas.

Old 12-21-2017, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2007Fit5AT
Merry Christmas.
are people in canada suddenly stupid? seems to be the trend lately..

Old 12-22-2017, 08:18 AM
Merry Christmas.
You added a quote regarding Honda sensing by another poster, but you placed a rather ridiculous remark “never buy a car made in Mexico“ this does not make any sense. What does your remark have to do with the post about Honda sensing ?

Old 12-22-2017, 08:34 AM
5 Year Member
Merry Christmas.
Maybe never buy a Honda made in Mexico? My Made in Mexico Fit has horrible body panel alignment. My wife’s Dodge Journey R/T was made in Mexico. I’d put it’s biuld quality against anything. Hands down much better than my Honda

Old 12-22-2017, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
ash, welcome to like 2 days ago. you're too late too...lol ..the op's long gone with the Sport.
Story of my life. Give me a break I just woke up.

Old 12-22-2017, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
Maybe never buy a Honda made in Mexico? My Made in Mexico Fit has horrible body panel alignment. My wife’s Dodge Journey R/T was made in Mexico. I’d put it’s biuld quality against anything. Hands down much better than my Honda
As to build quality. I don't believe where it is built makes a large difference. Cars are built to a price point & that is why the Fit isn't screwed together like a bank vault. If it was you'd be paying much more for one.

The VW Golf comes from Mexico & is bank vault built, but it costs more for that kind of quality.

I don't know about Dodges, but I assume it costs more & as a result has higher build quality. I feel since Fiat bought the brand it has lowered quality to the POS level.

Just my .02 cents in US money.

Old 12-22-2017, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
are people in canada suddenly stupid? seems to be the trend lately..

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! regardless what I drive and where I live.
And I live in Canada AND Texas (Galveston area) as well.

Relocate Fit Assembly Plant from Mexico (30% corporate tax) to USA (21% corporate tax starting Jan 1, 2018, Thank you Pres. Trump!) preferably in a right-to-work state and create more jobs for Americans, what's wrong with that?

Merry Christmas.

Last edited by 2007Fit5AT; 12-22-2017 at 12:41 PM. Reason: corporate tax details
Old 12-22-2017, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
Look at it this way... the EX does not come with all the sporty flares, and that's why you bought the Sport version in the first place. Sporty guys don't need the push start button and you didn't want the sunroof as well.

Last edited by wasserball; 12-22-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
Story of my life. Give me a break I just woke up.
haha! thanks for playing.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
Relocate Fit Assembly Plant from Mexico (30% corporate tax) to USA (21% corporate tax starting Jan 1, 2018, Thank you Pres. Trump!) preferably in a right-to-work state and create more jobs for Americans, what's wrong with that?
And are Americans prepared to work in an assembly plant for $3 an hour?
Wage costs, property tax rates and a lot of other factors give Mexico a huge advantage over operating a plant in the US. Profit taxes are not very significant in comparison compared to the other factors. Besides, any company with smart accountants can fix the profit numbers, and Mexico can easily drop it's corporate tax rates to match the US if they want to.

Number of manufacturing plants which will be moving back to the US: 0

Old 12-22-2017, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by woof
And are Americans prepared to work in an assembly plant for $3 an hour?
Wage costs, property tax rates and a lot of other factors give Mexico a huge advantage over operating a plant in the US. Profit taxes are not very significant in comparison compared to the other factors. Besides, any company with smart accountants can fix the profit numbers, and Mexico can easily drop it's corporate tax rates to match the US if they want to.

Number of manufacturing plants which will be moving back to the US: 0

Lots of Honda Assembly Plants in English-speaking North America:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ssembly_plants
Do you really think they work for $3 per hour in Ohio, Indiana, Alabama or Ontario, Canada???
And from Jan1, 2018, USA's corporate tax will be 21% (from current 35%) and that's lower than Canada's federal + provincial corporate taxes.
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-age...tax-rates.html
Expect lots of Canadian businesses to move their HQs to Good Ol' USA and especially to union-free right-to-work states and/or no state income tax.
Any Patriotic American (or Canadian for that matter) should boycott any cars Made In Mexico (first character in VIN, 1,4,5 for USA, 2 for Canada, 3 for Mexico, J for Japan, K for Korea, W for Germany, S for England, etc.), in this way when Made In Mexico vehicles sold in USA or Canada have very low/poor numbers Honda (other foreign manufacturers as well) will eventually move the production from Mexico to either USA or Canada.
Any Patriotic Americans in this very forum?
Merry Christmas.

Quick Reply: Just bought 2018 Honda Fit but had massive Oversight