3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Just bought 2018 Honda Fit but had massive Oversight

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
If patriotism meant anything then Wal Mart would never have become such a success selling cheap Chinese made goods.

Car assembly plants are slowly moving from both Canada and the USA to Mexico. Nothing that's happened this week in the US changes that trend. Some plants will stay behind for political reasons but the bulk will be going in the years ahead.

Old 12-22-2017, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by woof
If patriotism meant anything then Wal Mart would never have become such a success selling cheap Chinese made goods.

Car assembly plants are slowly moving from both Canada and the USA to Mexico. Nothing that's happened this week in the US changes that trend. Some plants will stay behind for political reasons but the bulk will be going in the years ahead.

Because I've always been a pro-America Canadian, pretty rare in a country where to be a True Canadian = Hate America in your deep DNA, I hope you're wrong.
Time will tell.
But at least I love the politics and policies of current Administration.
God Bless America, Land of The Free and Home of The Brave.
Merry Christmas.

Old 12-22-2017, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2007Fit5AT
Any Patriotic Americans in this very forum?
Merry Christmas.
Yes. Merry Christmas!

Old 02-22-2019, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by viewtiful
I purchased the car yesterday and I’m still waiting for delivery. I looked at the rules for returns/exchanges and apparently it’s up to the dealer’s own discretion whether or not they will honor it ( at least in Massachusetts) I don’t expect them to though. It will require a lot of work for them to fix, especially since I financed it.

Yeah, it definitely stings. I’m just hoping sharing my story will be therapeutic and ease the pain. I think I’ll get over it, but it’s just such a stupid thing I did.
If you kept the Sport, some points of consolation from a new EX 6 speed owner:
1. Enjoy your leather steering wheel! Our 2009 Sport has leather, but the 2018 EX (without the -L) does not. I see another user has installed what looks like a very well fitted leather cover. I may do that, or not; you don't have to.
2. Our other car is 2001 Civic that's been great for 18 years but now has a sunroof leak. I remember telling a friend who had an 01 LX how much I liked the sunroof. He replied, "Never! They always leak." For 17 years, I thought he was wrong.
3. Definitely more headroom in the front seat without the sunroof.

Old 02-23-2019, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
that's mainly the what i miss the most about my '02 si , the sunroof , well that and the extra torque . i thought with the rear opening windows
on the fit , it would have better ventilation , doesn't really , and with the back windows all the way down it gets this annoying buffeting noise .
and don't get me started on the AC . other than that ,i still like this car . i bought cheap - LX with a 6 speed

Old 02-23-2019, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
That's a classic case of "Buyers Remorse". It happens. The Romans said Caveat Emptier (Buyer Beware). Its an honest oversight. I have a 2015 Honda EX-L and I love it. Drive your ride and you'll love it too. Don't look back.

Old 02-23-2019, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
My sun roof rocks....wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 02-23-2019, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Derk59RedFit
The Romans said Caveat Emptier.
Caveat Emptor. And that principle doesn't apply here.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by fitchet

the intermittent wipers setting on mine, is just a pre-selected delay. You can't really adjust it.
I just got a 2016 Fit EX on Saturday, and was complaining about the "intermittent" wipers on the drive home in the rain. Why, Honda?

Old 02-26-2019, 06:17 AM
5 Year Member
Auto correct. Sorry. But the principle does apply. Know what you are buying and what other options are available before you hand over the money. Maybe its a case of "Buyers Remorse". There is that too.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Derk59RedFit
Auto correct. Sorry. But the principle does apply. Know what you are buying and what other options are available before you hand over the money. Maybe its a case of "Buyers Remorse". There is that too.
Buyer's Remorse applies.

Caveat Emptor does not. The principle is not about preference. It doesn't apply to knowing what you want based on options available, like buying a Fit sport when the EX is a better deal. Or a green shirt when a red one is cheaper.

In a very general sense, it's about guarantees, whether implied or assumed. Not knowing that an EX is a better deal doesn't apply.

An easy way to think about it is being surprised that a warranty doesn't cover something. Or something has a defect. Whether that is because you didn't educate yourself or because of a deliberate omission by the seller.

For example, assuming that the bumper-to-bumper warranty covered wiper blades where it does not. Or buying homeowners insurance when you live in a flood plain, not knowing you need separate flood insurance. Or perhaps thinking a used car has a 90 day warranty when it's really being sold as-is but you didn't know because you didn't read the sticker and a disreputable seller didn't tell you.

I'm not meaning to pick on you, so please don't think I am. It's a commonly abused phrase and is misused quite often.

Last edited by sneefy; 03-21-2019 at 11:43 PM.