3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Top 3 Mods Under $100 You Recommend For 2018 Sports

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Husky All weather mats are $200+ but well worth it. Lifetime guarantee. Without the mats the mouse fur carpets would be ruined quickly.
Rear mud flaps, Honda, keeps the car somewhat cleaner
Upgrade center console arm rest

Last edited by TorontoBoy; 02-15-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:36 PM
Thanks guys. FYI, with the car I got the following OEM extras,

rear applique
cargo tray
back seat protector
high floor mats front and rear
cargo cover, hooks, net
door edge film

I thought the net would attach to the back seat rather than laid flat. Not the biggest fan of that one.

Old 02-15-2018, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
for my fit? autobahn GTI. point being, think bigger.
Golf? They all look like dustbusters.....

Old 02-15-2018, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lannym
dustbuster? That makes me think more of second gen Odyssey's.

We have a Fit and a Golf. I'd say that any generation Fit and any generation Golf is fairly similar. Golf's just look more plain/bland, but they aren't far off. None of them are going to win any beauty contests.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
I'm liking these LED headlamp bulbs. Both high and low beams, and also work as DRLs.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ink/3929/8565/

Old 02-16-2018, 08:56 AM
5 Year Member
First of all....
This is NOT a modification, it's a suggest purchase.

But one thing I bought for my vehicle that I use nearly daily?

For $1.00 I bought one of those foam Pop Can covers meant to be slipped over a Pop Can to keep them cooler. Found mine at a local Dollar Store.

On my 2016, I keep this foam cover in the drivers side-side door pocket. It fits. But you could place it anywhere you feel comfortable or like. It's obviously pop can sized and shaped so it fits any cup holder area.

I then use this....as my change holder.
The foam insulates the sound. It's easy to remove and empty when it starts to get full. It works great.

As far as operational benefit vs. cost of investment? It's one of the best values, even if it's not a glamorous or exciting purchase.

Having a place to keep change while driving...is IMO important.

Old 02-16-2018, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member
There's a little coin tray in the center console area. It's hard plastic, but I used a piece of tool box liner fit to cut, then adhesive spray to keep it in place. I also did the same for the little tray and cup holders (3).

Old 02-16-2018, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
First of all....
This is NOT a modification, it's a suggest purchase.

But one thing I bought for my vehicle that I use nearly daily?

For $1.00 I bought one of those foam Pop Can covers meant to be slipped over a Pop Can to keep them cooler. Found mine at a local Dollar Store.

On my 2016, I keep this foam cover in the drivers side-side door pocket. It fits. But you could place it anywhere you feel comfortable or like. It's obviously pop can sized and shaped so it fits any cup holder area.

I then use this....as my change holder.
The foam insulates the sound. It's easy to remove and empty when it starts to get full. It works great.

As far as operational benefit vs. cost of investment? It's one of the best values, even if it's not a glamorous or exciting purchase.

Having a place to keep change while driving...is IMO important.
No toll roads where I usually drive, so my change stays in my change purse in my front pocket. Only exception is wintertime, where I save quarters for the "U-spray-it" car wash. I keep them in an old Kodak 35mm film can in the small pocket in the console.

I keep the cup holder for Mountain Dew.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Golf's just look more plain/bland, but they aren't far off. None of them are going to win any beauty contests.
I dunno, I'd sleep with her. Sexy AF.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:12 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lannym
do they? my GK sounds like a vacuum cleaner when pushed.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Aussie
Thanks guys. FYI, with the car I got the following OEM extras,

rear applique
cargo tray
back seat protector
high floor mats front and rear
cargo cover, hooks, net
door edge film
im sure those are popular options for some folks but you really should get a 12v air pump and the necessities i mentioned if dd.. will help you if you get stuck somewhere.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
im sure those are popular options for some folks but you really should get a 12v air pump and the necessities i mentioned if dd.. will help you if you get stuck somewhere.
Thanks. Appreciate the advice.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Wholeheartedly agree with this...can't remember what I paid, but, seriously, worth every penny

Old 02-17-2018, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by Fuelish
Wholeheartedly agree with this...can't remember what I paid, but, seriously, worth every penny
Exact same brand? Or are there other options?

Old 02-17-2018, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Aussie
Thanks. Appreciate the advice.
np.. i just think essentials first when budget is limited. all the fun stuff can come later. GL

Old 02-17-2018, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Well to each their own. I only offer the suggestion as a VERY cheap purchase that has become something I really use.

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
There's a little coin tray in the center console area. It's hard plastic, but I used a piece of tool box liner fit to cut, then adhesive spray to keep it in place. I also did the same for the little tray and cup holders (3).
What "Coin Tray" are you talking about? I mean there's a space, that can be purposed for just about anything, but on my Fit, it's just an open cubby hole. I personally wouldn't want to put my change in that. But if it works for you?

In the "Old Days" since I did not smoke, I would always repurpose the Ash Tray.
But times have changed and vehicles don't even come with Ash Trays anymore.

Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
No toll roads where I usually drive, so my change stays in my change purse in my front pocket. Only exception is wintertime, where I save quarters for the "U-spray-it" car wash. I keep them in an old Kodak 35mm film can in the small pocket in the console.

I keep the cup holder for Mountain Dew.
Again, I'm not forcing anyone.
I like putting the liner, in the drivers side door pocket, because A-I rarely use it for anything else.
And B-It then let's me keep all the other spaces and cup holders open to use for everything else.

Old 02-17-2018, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
foam cup holder as a coin holder.. interesting. back 20yrs ago when we still paid tolls via coins that wouldve been convenient. but i had those coin holder that you can slip dimes, nickels, quarters in individual slots. and i think that too was $1.00 at a dollar store. lol

Old 02-17-2018, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
however, i do use cash when i travel for work.. and most often than not, cars i rent dont have a small area where i can toss coins in besides cup holders in the center console which is ikky from previous users...

Old 02-17-2018, 10:32 PM
Are you sure those are the LED's you got for the map lights?
I just bought them and they don't fit. Actually technically they do fit but they're about 5mm longer than the stock bulb so it protrudes just far enough past the switch that you can't engage it when you depress the cover.

Anyone else have any suggestions for a 2018?

Thanks!

Top 3 Mods Under 0 You Recommend For 2018 Sports-led-v-bulb.jpg

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2

I use these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Also works in the interior dome light and it's super bright haha.

I use these for map lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I tried them in license plate lamps/front corner lamps but they developed flickering.

Switched to the sealed ones below for outside license plate lights and front corner lamps and haven't had a problem of flickering since last year: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H1QEY66...&pd_rd_w=s7JOk

Might want to peruse this thread for some good info: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...bulbs-led.html

Last edited by Aussie; 02-17-2018 at 11:49 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I'm liking these LED headlamp bulbs. Both high and low beams, and also work as DRLs.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ink/3929/8565/
Are you still liking the bulbs? Are they plug and play? Do they work with high and low beam?
Thanks,
D

Quick Reply: Top 3 Mods Under $100 You Recommend For 2018 Sports