3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Top 3 Mods Under $100 You Recommend For 2018 Sports

Old 02-13-2018, 01:15 PM
Smile Top 3 Mods Under $100 You Recommend For 2018 Sports

Hey guys,

I'm picking up a new sports fit tomorrow and I was wondering what you're top 3 mods under $100 would be?

My focus is comfort/ride/practicality area. I'm not concerned about aesthetics and doubt there's anything I can do in terms of performance for that little.

I definitely know I'd like to put a Bright LED light in the cargo. There seems to be some older links but not sure if anyone can point me to a more updated post.

Thanks in advance, I'm excited to hear of any innovative ideas.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:00 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
tire pressure gauge, usb / lightening cables, glass hammer, all in one tool, flash light

Old 02-13-2018, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
those aren’t really mods but good to have. oh yah, and a 12v air pump

Old 02-13-2018, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
If you're handy, DIY window tint. All season floor liners and rear cargo mat are nice have as well.

I have every car I own tinted, but it's over $100 to have done unless you find a cheap shop that uses cheap film. I'd save and get it done right with good film.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT View Post
If you're handy, DIY window tint. All season floor liners and rear cargo mat are nice have as well.

I have every car I own tinted, but it's over $100 to have done unless you find a cheap shop that uses cheap film. I'd save and get it done right with good film.
Thanks. I assumed it already came with a tint which would mean I'd have to pay to get it removed before adding the new tint. I'd love to black out the rear and back windows so people don't know what's inside.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
Hey guys,

I'm picking up a new sports fit tomorrow and I was wondering what you're top 3 mods under $100 would be?

My focus is comfort/ride/practicality area. I'm not concerned about aesthetics and doubt there's anything I can do in terms of performance for that little.

I definitely know I'd like to put a Bright LED light in the cargo. There seems to be some older links but not sure if anyone can point me to a more updated post.

Thanks in advance, I'm excited to hear of any innovative ideas.

For the cargo light: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1386313

Old 02-13-2018, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Thanks.

Does the cargo come with two lights at opposing ends or did you add and wire the second?

Also where did you purchase the LED's from and is there another version that will fit in the existing cavity?

Sorry, total NOOB.

Old 02-13-2018, 05:11 PM
Thanks.

Does the cargo come with two lights at opposing ends or did you add and wire the second?

Also where did you purchase the LED's from and is there another version that will fit in the existing cavity?

Sorry, total NOOB.

The cargo only comes with one light. I bought and wired in another one with a switch.

The lights are COB LED's. They are the brightest interior LED's that I've used. I got them off of ebay in various sizes for various projects. The extra light with a switch takes a smaller led than our OEM non-switched ones. I had to trim and mount one of them at an angle to fit.

This isn't the exact one, but I purchased them with 3 different connectors. Remember that they come in different sizes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-X-Univer...item19fd6ee7f6

Old 02-13-2018, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
LOL'ed at tint for 100

Old 02-13-2018, 07:04 PM
What about a single LED that will fit in the existing slot? Any ideas on where to find one that would be brighter than the stock light?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
The cargo only comes with one light. I bought and wired in another one with a switch.

The lights are COB LED's. They are the brightest interior LED's that I've used. I got them off of ebay in various sizes for various projects. The extra light with a switch takes a smaller led than our OEM non-switched ones. I had to trim and mount one of them at an angle to fit.

This isn't the exact one, but I purchased them with 3 different connectors. Remember that they come in different sizes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-X-Univer...item19fd6ee7f6

Old 02-13-2018, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
or how about saving your money and spending it on things with more value?

no one said you had to squeeze and spend your last $100..

Old 02-14-2018, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
or how about saving your money and spending it on things with more value?

no one said you had to squeeze and spend your last $100..
What's been the mod that you feel has given you the most bang for your buck?

Old 02-14-2018, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator
https://www.progressauto.com/product.../productID/816

Old 02-14-2018, 01:44 AM
I Second! This is a MUST first top 3 mod!

my other 2 would be upgrading brake pads and led bulbs for low beam head lights! Stock pads suck, oem halogens suck.

just my 2 cents. Cheers

Old 02-14-2018, 11:29 AM
Awesome! Thanks so much.

I've read about the anti sway bar somewhere else.
wasn't sure if it was legit or just a fad.

LED lights sound awesome too. Still looking for an interior cargo LED light that will fit. Any ideas?

Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5 View Post
I Second! This is a MUST first top 3 mod!

my other 2 would be upgrading brake pads and led bulbs for low beam head lights! Stock pads suck, oem halogens suck.

just my 2 cents. Cheers

Old 02-14-2018, 11:48 AM
Progress RSB is a nice mode. Tightens up the rear end and easy to install.

All weather floor mats are good, but more than $100 price tag so save up for those.

LED lights sound awesome too. Still looking for an interior cargo LED light that will fit. Any ideas?
I use these:
Amazon Amazon
Also works in the interior dome light and it's super bright haha.

I use these for map lights:
Amazon Amazon
I tried them in license plate lamps/front corner lamps but they developed flickering.

Switched to the sealed ones below for outside license plate lights and front corner lamps and haven't had a problem of flickering since last year:
Amazon Amazon

Might want to peruse this thread for some good info: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...bulbs-led.html

Last edited by 2Rismo2; 02-14-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
for my fit? autobahn GTI. point being, think bigger.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:16 PM
Just to confirm. That first link works in the cargo? Buying now!!!

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 View Post
Progress RSB is a nice mode. Tightens up the rear end and easy to install.

All weather floor mats are good, but more than $100 price tag so save up for those.

I use these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Also works in the interior dome light and it's super bright haha.

I use these for map lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I tried them in license plate lamps/front corner lamps but they developed flickering.

Switched to the sealed ones below for outside license plate lights and front corner lamps and haven't had a problem of flickering since last year: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H1QEY66...&pd_rd_w=s7JOk

Might want to peruse this thread for some good info: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...bulbs-led.html

Old 02-15-2018, 08:23 AM
Yes they fit in the cargo

Old 02-15-2018, 09:40 AM
sjd
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
for my fit? autobahn GTI. point being, think bigger.
Then why do you spend so much time here? You obviously hate the Fit. Go hang out on the Vortex.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.