3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

GK Door Visors

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 10:21 PM
GK Door Visors

Hey All,

It doesn't seem like there is a lot of feedback regarding door visors for the 3rd Gen. Has anyone purchased the ICBEAMER ones? They have great reviews on Amazon but for the price I'm skeptical. I've seen some Mugen style ones for the 3rd gen, but the reviews say they fall short in terms of dimensions. Anyone have these?

Old 03-05-2018, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
I've been waiting on Weathertech, but guess I shouldn't hold my breath...

Old 03-05-2018, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member
Another member tried WellVisors and reviewed here: WellVisors
I keep going back and forth on installing visors on mine. I'm not in love with the look, but it does have some functionality in the hotter months.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
I keep going back and forth on installing visors on mine. I'm not in love with the look, but it does have some functionality in the hotter months.
Same here....had Weathertechs on a previous car, loved the mounting (in window channel as opposed to taped to the outside of the door), and thought they might be handy on my black LX keeping windows cracked for a bit of venting when it's summer here in east TN.....hell, it's already been up to 70 here - I have to cut my damn grass in a couple of days, but, that's another story

Old 03-05-2018, 07:49 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i just hate that you have to lower the glass a little to wipe the top of the windows then raise it again and then wipe the bottom of the glass from the window sill streak. one less thing to do while washing without it. so this is why i dont run it on my GK. something to think about.

i use to have mugens and honda ones on the GD and GE as i like to drive around with the window cracked open on the weekends.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:53 AM
Former Vendor
Hi everyone,
I stepped in to let you know, that WellVisors is the only window deflector option for the 3rd-gen Fit. They are available in two design options, yet both feature tape-on installation.
Here is the link to view options.
I have also attached the pictures of these deflectors, see below.
At the moment, in-channel window deflectors are not available with any brand, including Weathertech.

Attached Thumbnails GK Door Visors-wellvisors-1.jpg   GK Door Visors-wellvisors-2.jpg  
Old 03-20-2018, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks but no thanks... ain't taping nothing on...
Originally Posted by carid
Hi everyone,
I stepped in to let you know, that WellVisors is the only window deflector option for the 3rd-gen Fit. They are available in two design options, yet both feature tape-on installation.
Here is the link to view options.
I have also attached the pictures of these deflectors, see below.
At the moment, in-channel window deflectors are not available with any brand, including Weathertech.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuelish
Thanks but no thanks... ain't taping nothing on...
Why not? Have a set of taped on visors on my 4runner and 14yrs later it's still on there.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member
Why not? Have a set of taped on visors on my 4runner and 14yrs later it's still on there.
No legit reason, just personal bias, I guess.. I loved the in-channel WeatherTechs I had on another car, biased by that, I guess...

Old 03-20-2018, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Just curious. I don't mind either way but lean to the tape on ones. Not sure I like the in-channel ones causing undue stress to the window motor or window seals. Maybe I'm overthinking it though?

Old 03-20-2018, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
Just curious. I don't mind either way but lean to the tape on ones. Not sure I like the in-channel ones causing undue stress to the window motor or window seals. Maybe I'm overthinking it though?
Dunno....I always thought that the window motors "sensed" when the window stopped going up? Kinda like a safeguard if something is out the window that shouldn't be, like a dog snout or a kid's arm so something? Dunno....am glad you've had success with the tape-ons....I'm sure they'd be fine, but, ...I'm funny that way

Old 03-20-2018, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
i just hate that you have to lower the glass a little to wipe the top of the windows then raise it again and then wipe the bottom of the glass from the window sill streak. one less thing to do while washing without it. so this is why i dont run it on my GK. something to think about.

i use to have mugens and honda ones on the GD and GE as i like to drive around with the window cracked open on the weekends.
I had mine installed by the dealer and actually I don’t have an issue with cleaning the glass without lowering the window. Not a tight fit either but snug but doable.

Old 03-20-2018, 02:33 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SR14626

I had mine installed by the dealer and actually I don’t have an issue with cleaning the glass without lowering the window. Not a tight fit either but snug but doable.
huh.. does yours look like the visor is puffed out from the glass? cause the ones ive had (like mugen) were a sleek fit on the car. no finger would fit between the glass and visor. some visors look like awnings..

Old 04-21-2021, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone had comments on these visors and how well they hold up. Trying to decide between these and the OEM visors.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
The wellvisor brand are on my car for at least three years, and they're still doing just fine.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:19 PM
Also using well visors. I had to redo the adhesive strip with 3m, one section popped cause I think I did it in weather that was too cold the first time. Second time I did in summer and it’s stuck good now.

if I had the money I’d get the original Mugen ones since they have the Mugen logos, but quite happy otherwise with my wellvisor

Old 04-22-2021, 11:41 AM
Just say no to replica parts. Those are clear Mugen copies. Just buy the real thing here.

https://www.kingmotorsports.com/p-52...ted-visor.aspx

Old 04-23-2021, 04:18 PM
@NWCH I have the Mugen Visors on my GK. Amazing quality and they fit perfectly. I highly recommend them to everyone.