3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Clutch Delay Valve....nyone deleted it on GK5?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
Clutch Delay Valve....nyone deleted it on GK5?

Have read posts in the past, seems to be no easy delete of the CDV on GK5s......that is one thing I can't stand, but will live with, I suppose...….at least until my engine/powertrain warranty is expired. And what is the true purpose? To make it "easier" for newbs to drive a manual? I have no idea. Just venting on a hot day

Old 06-08-2018, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
reduce shock to the drive train. You can get the delete UUC CDV/Clutch Delay Valve or just drill through the valve.

Last edited by wasserball; 06-08-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuelish
Have read posts in the past, seems to be no easy delete of the CDV on GK5s......that is one thing I can't stand, but will live with, I suppose...….at least until my engine/powertrain warranty is expired. And what is the true purpose? To make it "easier" for newbs to drive a manual? I have no idea. Just venting on a hot day
Since I have very short legs, I have on occasion found the delay inconvenient, but there are reasons.

Safety … prevents accidental lurch starts while in gear
Anti theft … few and fewer young punks know how to drive a manual shift (6 speed WTF)

Old 06-09-2018, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
It's in the list of next things to do for me. I plan on using a EM2 clutch master to eliminate the extra chamber (delay valve) found on modern year manual models..
The parts I plan to use are
46920-S5A-G07
and a stainless steel clutch line. I don't think there is a valve in the slave, unlike recent years Civics do.

Old 03-04-2021, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
Did you do it?

Originally Posted by nisco
It's in the list of next things to do for me. I plan on using a EM2 clutch master to eliminate the extra chamber (delay valve) found on modern year manual models..
The parts I plan to use are
46920-S5A-G07
and a stainless steel clutch line. I don't think there is a valve in the slave, unlike recent years Civics do.
what were the results?

Old 03-05-2021, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
what were the results?
Did mine yesterday and after a good bleed i felt like I was driving an EG or EK civic... It is s completely different car....the downside if it has to be called that way, was having to drill the firewall with a ½ inch drill to be able to fit the EM2 CMC... Other than that....

I RECOMMEND EVERY GK OWNER THIS MOD.... Since i found that my oem CMC was loosing pressure and hence the jerkiness i was experiencing

Old 03-05-2021, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Pics or it didn't happen

Originally Posted by elkaku
Did mine yesterday and after a good bleed i felt like I was driving an EG or EK civic... It is s completely different car....the downside if it has to be called that way, was having to drill the firewall with a ½ inch drill to be able to fit the EM2 CMC... Other than that....

I RECOMMEND EVERY GK OWNER THIS MOD.... Since i found that my oem CMC was loosing pressure and hence the jerkiness i was experiencing
pics or it didn't happen. !Ayúdanos!

Old 03-06-2021, 07:43 AM
5 Year Member
pics or it didn't happen. !Ayúdanos!
LoL!!! I did the CMC swap on a late night wrenching session... And failed on pic taking... Tell me what you wanna know and I'll try and answer..

Old 03-06-2021, 08:22 AM
5 Year Member
Drilling

LoL!!! I did the CMC swap on a late night wrenching session... And failed on pic taking... Tell me what you wanna know and I'll try and answer..
didn't understand why you had to drill... can you use the same ss line? Wonder how it will feel with the stage 4 clutchmasters I already have in there...

Old 03-06-2021, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
didn't understand why you had to drill... can you use the same ss line? Wonder how it will feel with the stage 4 clutchmasters I already have in there...

What have to be drilled (i used a ½ inch drill bit)are the two holes for the EM2 CMC to fit since those are a bit more separated than the OEM one... Other than that... Is easy as the suply line and the pressure side are identical....

The only catch is that I removed the brake booster line FROM THE BOoSTER(just pull it... It comes out easy) and the bracket that holds the clutch line to be able to get the CMC out and be able to exchange the lines

The new EM2 brought a grase to be used when installing the fitting.... USE IT!!

Take the "U pin" out carefully wih a flat screwdriver and then pull it out with a plier ...

Thats the U pin... Pull it out and trasnfer it completely... Dont unscrew it.. Its not necessary... And when installing on the new one... There is where the grease lubricant that came with the new EM2 CMC is used....

NOTE: thats not my pic....
And also the whole line DOESN'T HAVE TO BE TAKEN OUT....

Last edited by elkaku; 03-06-2021 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
El Kaku ftw again!!

Thank you, now I understand (and have yet another project on my hands .

Old 03-07-2021, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuelish

Honda went to the clutch delay valve because they got tired of being asked to "warranty" ruined clutches. Burnouts are so cool. You can really impress a 15 year old girl with smoke billowing off your tires. Tearing away from someone when a traffic light turns green is also awesome. It's just not good for clutches.

Old 03-29-2021, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
you had to mate up the original pedal link ( upper left hand corner ) with the new master ?

Old 03-29-2021, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
What have to be drilled (i used a ½ inch drill bit)are the two holes for the EM2 CMC to fit since those are a bit more separated than the OEM one... Other than that... Is easy as the suply line and the pressure side are identical....

The only catch is that I removed the brake booster line FROM THE BOoSTER(just pull it... It comes out easy) and the bracket that holds the clutch line to be able to get the CMC out and be able to exchange the lines

The new EM2 brought a grase to be used when installing the fitting.... USE IT!!

Take the "U pin" out carefully wih a flat screwdriver and then pull it out with a plier ...

Thats the U pin... Pull it out and trasnfer it completely... Dont unscrew it.. Its not necessary... And when installing on the new one... There is where the grease lubricant that came with the new EM2 CMC is used....

NOTE: thats not my pic....
And also the whole line DOESN'T HAVE TO BE TAKEN OUT....
you had to use the original pedal link ( upper left hand corner )? with the new master ?

Old 03-29-2021, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bill bosco
you had to use the original pedal link ( upper left hand corner )? with the new master ?

No i used that pic for reference on the "U" pin that has to be taken out to swap the fitting to the new CMC.... That part of the master, if you buy the EM1 (01 to 05 civic)

Remember the mounting holes have to be enlarged... I used a ½" drill and it worked perfectly

Old 03-30-2021, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
No i used that pic for reference on the "U" pin that has to be taken out to swap the fitting to the new CMC.... That part of the master, if you buy the EM1 (01 to 05 civic)

Remember the mounting holes have to be enlarged... I used a ½" drill and it worked perfectly
i understand about the u pin ( circled in red ) , i was asking about the two pieces in the upper left hand corner of the picture . they are obviously two
different lengths , which one gets used for the new cylinder ?

Last edited by bill bosco; 03-30-2021 at 12:59 AM.
Old 03-30-2021, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
i understand about the u pin ( circled in red ) , i was asking about the two pieces in the upper left hand corner of the picture . they are obviously two
different lengths , which one gets used for the new cylinder ?

I used the one that came with the EM2 (01-05) civic one... Didnt had to change it or adjust it

Old 03-30-2021, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
I used the one that came with the EM2 (01-05) civic one... Didnt had to change it or adjust it
and the pedal engagement feels like a normal clutch now ?

Old 03-30-2021, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
and the pedal engagement feels like a normal clutch now ?

It feels BETTER!!! like driving an EG or EK civics or an 93-2000 integra.... Like a normal clutch system....

Old 03-31-2021, 01:47 AM
Nioce. We want this car driving like an EK and Integra more fun. Screw you cluth delay valve.

Quick Reply: Clutch Delay Valve....nyone deleted it on GK5?