Bisimoto Pulse Chamber, 2015+ Honda Fit (GK5 GK Jazz)

Old 06-18-2018, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
Post Bisimoto Pulse Chamber, 2015+ Honda Fit (GK5 GK Jazz)

Is it just me, or is the Bisimoto exhaust not very popular?

Either way, I decided to give it a whirl. Looks stealthy (can barely tell its there) and sounds great, very deep and no raspyness

Old 06-18-2018, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Old 06-19-2018, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
When I was first looking at exhausts I was considering this one because Bisimoto had it on sale for pretty cheap. I ended up going with the HKS Silent High Power because I read reviews saying that the Bisimoto is a bit loud.

After watching your vid I wish I went with it.
I like the HKS, but I wish it was just a tad louder.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
its not loud at all (imo)

I've seen a youtube video where someone has this exhaust paired up with the rv6 catless down pipe. the bisimoto does a great job, and keeping the fart can/raspy sound down to a minimum level. Highly recommended!

(its never too late to sell the hks and give this one a try!)

Old 06-19-2018, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
(its never too late to sell the hks and give this one a try!)
Very true!
Did you order directly from Bisimoto or did you find it somewhere else?
I see Bisimoto still has it listed for $329.99.

Maybe I'll see if what I can get for the HKS will justify the pulse chamber.

Old 06-19-2018, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
I considered the Bisimoto when we got our Fit, but went with a Tanabe Medallion Touring, or whatever it's called.....am pleased with the Tanabe, just loud enough, but not enough to annoy the significant other

Old 06-19-2018, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LeFreakyBone
Very true!
Did you order directly from Bisimoto or did you find it somewhere else?
I see Bisimoto still has it listed for $329.99.
I actually contacted Bisimoto directly and they pointed me to a local (ish) Honda dealership in the city of Irvine, that had some in stock. I could have easily paid to ship, but since I was already heading up in that direction to buy parts off other Fit members, I figured why the heck not?!

Originally Posted by Fuelish
I considered the Bisimoto when we got our Fit, but went with a Tanabe Medallion Touring, or whatever it's called.....am pleased with the Tanabe, just loud enough, but not enough to annoy the significant other
I wanted that Tanabe as well. In the long run, I ended up going with the more stealthy route.

why go stealthy? this is the current state of the car "scene" here in so cal:
https://tiremeetsroad.com/2018/06/08...modified-cars/

until things die down a bit, our poor little wrx will have to hide out in the garage for a while as this thing is a cop magnet

Old 06-22-2018, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
Does it drone ? Another user on youtube posted that it does even though Bisimoto claims that it doesn't.

Old 06-22-2018, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
that is 1 fine question, I'll post a vid from inside the car so we can all determine that. I'll report back in a few days

Old 06-22-2018, 07:35 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
evil nice vid. good presentation and review.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
THIS IS AWESOME, I have just cut my GE muffler off as it turns down over the axle and it sounds better than any aftermarket exhaust IMHO
I wonder if this would bolt up to a GE because I just don't have anything going out the back
OP this is awesome - thanks for the post

Old 06-23-2018, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
I wanted that Tanabe as well. In the long run, I ended up going with the more stealthy route.
I wouldn't consider the Tanabe "non-stealthy"... looks perfectly stock, but has dual outlets, not out of the ordinary on many cars. It's somewhat louder than the stock Honda muffler, but no louder than many other cars' stock mufflers, just a huge improvement over the silence of the factory piece. I love it. The Bisimoto, in the vids I had seen, seems louder, but....have never heard one in the flesh.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:28 PM
I owned an Abarth 500, this thing came with straight pipes from the factory - the only thing in the way of the exhaust noise from that little four banger was the turbo.
It still manages to be legal somehow, and it is way louder than any other factory exhaust of any 4 cylinder car out there.

Speaking of what is available for the FIT/Jazz... I am actually quite disappointed and surprised with the low quality of some of those exhaust videos on Youtube. I imagine Japan has pretty stringent restrictions as per noise pollution, hence the anemic sound of most of their offerings. They look good and all, but most hardly sound exciting.
Actually, most if not all of those promotional videos sound sub-par.

Bisimoto looks promising, with a big unrestricted outlet and that helmholz resonator... but the sound on their videos is again hardly convincing.
Tanabe looks the part and possibly sounds great too, but I think the only way to know for sure is to listen to one in person.
Around where I live, people buy these cars for reason exactly opposite to why I got one.
Modifying exhausts etc is the last thing they are going to do, so I have almost no chance to hear a Tanabe or anything like that in real life.

I am quite curious what setup do Spec-B Fits have in terms of exhaust. Anyone knows?
And further to that, did anyone actually cut the stock muffler open to see what can be done with it (short of getting rid of it altogether)?

Last edited by vinylengraver; 06-23-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by freak4afit
Does it drone ? Another user on youtube posted that it does even though Bisimoto claims that it doesn't.
Bisimoto Pulse Chamber Exhaust - Highway Driving Drone Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHxH...ature=youtu.be

notes:
-dont mind the sounds of tire rubbing on fender
-beginning of video/on the streets = windows open
-on the highway = windows closed/cant hear much
-under the tunnel at 4:24 = windows opened for a few seconds/probably the best part of the video

Old 06-25-2018, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
evil nice vid. good presentation and review.
thanks kenchan!

Originally Posted by vtecfit1
THIS IS AWESOME, I have just cut my GE muffler off as it turns down over the axle and it sounds better than any aftermarket exhaust IMHO
I wonder if this would bolt up to a GE because I just don't have anything going out the back
OP this is awesome - thanks for the post
got sound clips of the cut ge muffler? I'd like to hear it!

Ive looked at diagrams of GE8 mufflers and GK5 mufflers, and to me, they look identical. I too would love to see if exhausts are interchangeable. if anyone with a ge8 is in san diego, I'm willing to do a test fit

Originally Posted by Fuelish
The Bisimoto, in the vids I had seen, seems louder, but....have never heard one in the flesh.
watch my above youtube vid, my phone is not the greatest at recording sound .... but it does give a decent idea for what its like from the driver seat

Originally Posted by vinylengraver
I owned an Abarth 500, this thing came with straight pipes from the factory - the only thing in the way of the exhaust noise from that little four banger was the turbo.
It still manages to be legal somehow, and it is way louder than any other factory exhaust of any 4 cylinder car out there.

Speaking of what is available for the FIT/Jazz... I am actually quite disappointed and surprised with the low quality of some of those exhaust videos on Youtube. I imagine Japan has pretty stringent restrictions as per noise pollution, hence the anemic sound of most of their offerings. They look good and all, but most hardly sound exciting.
Actually, most if not all of those promotional videos sound sub-par.

Bisimoto looks promising, with a big unrestricted outlet and that helmholz resonator... but the sound on their videos is again hardly convincing.
Tanabe looks the part and possibly sounds great too, but I think the only way to know for sure is to listen to one in person.
Around where I live, people buy these cars for reason exactly opposite to why I got one.
Modifying exhausts etc is the last thing they are going to do, so I have almost no chance to hear a Tanabe or anything like that in real life.

I am quite curious what setup do Spec-B Fits have in terms of exhaust. Anyone knows?
And further to that, did anyone actually cut the stock muffler open to see what can be done with it (short of getting rid of it altogether)?
I gotta admit I do love the way the abarth's sound. damn mean and ferocious

as far as someone cutting open the stock muffler, if anyone has seen it, please post up, I'd love to see it as well

Old 06-25-2018, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Bisimoto Pulse Chamber Exhaust - Highway Driving Drone Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHxH...ature=youtu.be

notes:
-dont mind the sounds of tire rubbing on fender
-beginning of video/on the streets = windows open
-on the highway = windows closed/cant hear much
-under the tunnel at 4:24 = windows opened for a few seconds/probably the best part of the video
Given the quality of the audio, that exhaust sounds damn fine.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
Bisimoto claims 6-7hp from the Pulse Chamber alone. Would you agree with their claims ? I am strongly considering this exhaust. Really like the stealth look..Have never been a fan of shiny aftermarket look at me exhaust set ups.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
It does feel more peppy.

Was that 6-7hp figure factoring in a ktune?

Old 07-06-2018, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure how they verified their hp claims but I have since ordered it directly from Bisimoto and it does not fit my 2018 Sport! Honda made some tweaks down there since the exhaust hanger mount is at the wrong angle and away and the flange mount doesn't line up well when I test fitted it. I compared my exhaust hanger mounts to a 2015 Fit and they are clearly at different angles and locations. I will take it to a muffler shop soon to see if they can work some magic for me and get it to fit.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
can you share pics of how 2018s look back there?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bisimoto Pulse Chamber, 2015+ Honda Fit (GK5 GK Jazz)