Bisimoto Pulse Chamber, 2015+ Honda Fit (GK5 GK Jazz)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
how about a side by side pic. place your oem exhaust next to the bisimoto , exactly like i did

Old 07-10-2018, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by freak4afit
Bisimoto claims 6-7hp from the Pulse Chamber alone. Would you agree with their claims ? I am strongly considering this exhaust. Really like the stealth look..Have never been a fan of shiny aftermarket look at me exhaust set ups.
I received pictures from freak4afit ... and it would appear some things have changed for 2018+

Old 07-10-2018, 03:46 PM

Just snapped pics of my EX-L muffler. My hanger is angled the same as evilchargerfan's. So that means it must be a Sport specific thing? Anyone want to double check me on that? Looks like non-sport has one hanger pointing towards rear of vehicle and one pointing towards pass side. Sport has one pointing towards drivers side and one towards pass side.

Last edited by Helios; 07-10-2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
I just checked my 2018 EX and it also has two hangers, one on either side of the muffler, oriented front-rear. Exactly like helios's photo.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
interesting .... so the sport models have a side-to-side orientation .... whereas the rest of us, have it front-to-rear

can anymore 2018+ people chime in?

Old 07-10-2018, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bdcheung
I just checked my 2018 EX and it also has two hangers, one on either side of the muffler, oriented front-rear. Exactly like helios's photo.
And exactly like my 2019 Sport. The hanger brackets (attached to the chassis) go fore and aft, and the exhaust brackets go side to side. Couldn't we just use different rubber hangers?

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
interesting .... so the sport models have a side-to-side orientation .... whereas the rest of us, have it front-to-rear

can anymore 2018+ people chime in?
I believe like the gigantic front H emblems, 2018-2019 Fits have a different exhaust hanger orientation. BTW I am now 0 for 3 on the HKS exhaust. It seems everyone is currently out of stock...

Old 07-12-2018, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
Resolution, Ben ended up removing the bisimoto hangers and had a shop custom weld on 2 new hangers (facing sideways) to mount to the oem hangers

Old 07-12-2018, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
this guy was able to simply bend 1 oem hanger .... and called it a day

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1405315

Originally Posted by hondagk5
I just modified one hanger and it works.

Originally Posted by hondagk5
yeah driver side hanger. just had to bend it towards the muffler and i used rubber fuel hose to wrap around hangers and used a hose clamp.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
Resolution, Ben ended up removing the bisimoto hangers and had a shop custom weld on 2 new hangers (facing sideways) to mount to the oem hangers
So the garage removed the 1 Bisimoto hanger and replaced it with 2?

this guy was able to simply bend 1 oem hanger .... and called it a day
With everyone being out of stock on the HKS, have had more time to mull over my exhaust decision. I have really been talking myself into one of these Bisimoto's... Looks like a quality piece of gear, it is definitely unique and unusual; I haven't heard it in person but every video I have heard it in, it sounds great, and it is about as far from the big coffee can exhausts as you can get.

However, not sure I am in love with either of the solutions used so far. I sent Bisimoto an email yesterday morning asking about their ideas/plans/whatever for 2018+ Fits. They have not replied as of yet.

I am thinking that a little bending of the Bisimoto bracket combined with an aftermarket rubber hangers (like this one?) could do the trick.

RIck
<><

Old 07-12-2018, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
Have you tried Kamispeed for the HKS? That's where I got mine and it was really quick shipping, but they had it in stock.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Have you tried Kamispeed for the HKS? That's where I got mine and it was really quick shipping, but they had it in stock.
On Tuesday they were out of stock...

Old 07-12-2018, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by UnFitRick
So the garage removed the 1 Bisimoto hanger and replaced it with 2?

With everyone being out of stock on the HKS, have had more time to mull over my exhaust decision. I have really been talking myself into one of these Bisimoto's... Looks like a quality piece of gear, it is definitely unique and unusual; I haven't heard it in person but every video I have heard it in, it sounds great, and it is about as far from the big coffee can exhausts as you can get.

However, not sure I am in love with either of the solutions used so far. I sent Bisimoto an email yesterday morning asking about their ideas/plans/whatever for 2018+ Fits. They have not replied as of yet.

I am thinking that a little bending of the Bisimoto bracket combined with an aftermarket rubber hangers (like this one?) could do the trick.

RIck
<><
I passed along our knowledge of these 2018+ Sport's to Ariana over at Bisimoto as of yesterday, and she said she passed along the into over to Bisi himself. Time will tell, if they will come up with a solution.

I'm in agreement that bending + that aftermarket hanger will get you where you need to be. As for what Ben did with that muffler shop, you may want to send him a PM for clarification, as I simply relayed his messages and helped host his pics

I'm bias but, I must say the exhaust sounds damn good in person. No fart can here, just pure deep rumble goodness. and if youre looking for something that doesnt scream "LOOK AT ME, I HAVE AN EXHAUST" .... then this is the one for you.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
Rick, if I were in your shoes and I had to start over .... at one point I considered going the muffler delete/custom route. Here is what I envisioned for myself:

Exhaust would have looked something like this:

credits go to usdm/kevin = https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1397979

And I would have added a helmholtz resonator to it, to combat the fart can/raspy sounds

the above 2 items, in theory .... may cost less than a bisimoto (or any other axleback exhausts out there for that matter)

Old 07-12-2018, 02:44 PM
I've had good luck on both my old D series and B series cars just doing custom exhausts. I don't know if muffler shops are rare in other areas, but around here they are aplenty. I just always use a magnaflow muffler (not a straight through, an oval) and let them bend the pipes up. Works for me. Yea, it won't last forever, but you could replace it 2-3x for the cost of a full stainless cat back on my old cars.

On the CRX with the D series it ended up being a bit loud, so I had them cut a section out and weld a resonator in, then I was happy with it.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
I passed along our knowledge of these 2018+ Sport's to Ariana over at Bisimoto...
Funny you mention Ariana; I got an email response from her this afternoon.

I asked: "2018+ Fits have a different exhaust hanger configuration than the 2015 thru 2017 models (2019 pic attached). I assume an aftermarket hanger would address this difference. Have you guys verified this fit issue on a 2018+ Fit? And do you sell a suitable rubber hanger?

Ari's response: "We have not had an experience with the 2019 Honda Fit."

I was underwhelmed by this response. Nonetheless, I have decided the Bisimoto is the exhaust I want and I went ahead and ordered one anyway.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:43 PM
I have considered fabricating a straight pipe + helmholz addon or a simple glasspack muffler with a pair of nice tips all in high-grade stainless, but...
When I added all the cost and a distinct possibility that it will not sound like what I expected... so it would require multiple tries and ongoing modifications before it was just right...I decided it was not worth it.
Around where I live, any custom exhaust work is hardly cheap and I have no resources to pull it off by myself.
I like the concept of Bisimoto's PC, but this is clearly meant to work with the rest of the stock plumbing left intact. Otherwise it will be loud.
Also, if I understand it correctly, they had it designed for a turbocharged car and the turbo does provide quite a bit of sound attenuation.
I've had my share of failed exhaust mod experiments so I went with a safe route - got the Tanabe Medalion yesterday from ebay for $398 w/free shipping and called it a day.
Will be here next week, so I guess I will soon find out if it was a right decision.
But then again, I don't have high expectations, I just want to be able to hear something other than those damn fuel injectors, lol.
But yeah, Bisimoto's concept looks solid and has a lot of appeal. In a race car kind of way.

Last edited by vinylengraver; 07-12-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
I need to point out that there was more to my resolution. The exhaust shop guy said that the Bisimoto flange did not mate up to the stock flange so he sawed off the Bisimoto flange and welded on the proper flange (that is what he is doing in the first photo on the lift). $85 later along with the hangers and its on the car. I am enjoying the new exhaust. It pops and burbles on upshifts. It has resonance (drone) that I don't mind because I like hearing the engine talk to me. The stock exhaust is too muted and coarse sounding for my taste. It may or may not add power but it helps the car feel more responsive and alive.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by freak4afit
I need to point out that there was more to my resolution. The exhaust shop guy said that the Bisimoto flange did not mate up to the stock flange so he sawed off the Bisimoto flange and welded on the proper flange (that is what he is doing in the first photo on the lift). $85 later along with the hangers and its on the car. I am enjoying the new exhaust. It pops and burbles on upshifts. It has resonance (drone) that I don't mind because I like hearing the engine talk to me. The stock exhaust is too muted and coarse sounding for my taste. It may or may not add power but it helps the car feel more responsive and alive.
"The Bisimoto flange did not mate up to the stock flange..."?? Hmmm...

Old 07-20-2018, 05:52 AM
5 Year Member
So today will mark 8 DAYS since I ordered my Bisimoto exhaust. I am still waiting for it to ship!!! 8 days (at least...) for a US based company to ship an in stock item??? Maybe 30 years ago, but these days this is not the sign of a company with a healthy logistics infrastructure... Stock status on the Bisimoto website at the time of my order showed 10 units in stock.

I was (and still am?) excited about the product. It is a unique and quality(?) product from a small US company. As for the quality issue, it seems clear that the design is a quality/well-engineered design, and that the exhaust is made with quality material and is well constructed. However, an important characteristic of a quality bolt-on exhaust is that it actually BOLTS ON. Maybe mine will...

I was (and still am?) prepared to deal with the exhaust hanger issue (believed to be a 2018+ issue?), but I am apprehensive about freak4afit's experience in needing to have the flange cut off and a new flange welded on. Unfortunately by the time this information was made available to me, I had already ordered my exhaust. If I'd had that information before ordering, I probably would not have ordered the exhaust...

Like I said, I was excited about this exhaust, however, after waiting over a week for it to ship (it's in stock!!), and with the prospect of my "bolt-on" exhaust needing to be heavily modified, my excitement is waning.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:31 AM
Don't give up just yet.
Bisimoto is a small outfit and their "logistics" are nothing even remotely comparable to places like...umm... I dunno - Amazon?
It is basically a garage with a couple of true enthusiasts selling their in-home-made product to the public.
I am not sure what their service standards are, or if they made any promises that they did not keep, but chances are whatever their site shows for stock availability has not been updated forever and they are probably making one just for you. And that is pretty special IMO.
So anyway, anticipation is a great part of any new adventure, let's just hope that when you finally get it, it will be all you expected it to be and more.

Quick Reply: Bisimoto Pulse Chamber, 2015+ Honda Fit (GK5 GK Jazz)