3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Olga: The SoCal GK5

Old 04-01-2018, 02:29 AM
Hi I was wondering where you got your tint done? Im also in SoCal and I just bought a 2018 NBP Honda Fit Sport HFP. It’s staring to get really hot lol.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by CN9Adaiski
Hi I was wondering where you got your tint done? Im also in SoCal and I just bought a 2018 NBP Honda Fit Sport HFP. It’s staring to get really hot lol.
PM sent!

Old 04-04-2018, 01:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by USDM
Picked up my Feal 441 coilovers today!

If you thought the car was fun, it gets better after you install these!

And, for a really bad financial decision, I suggest Spoon Rigid Collar; they work well together, I think.

Last edited by hotkey; 04-04-2018 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:32 AM
Coilovers are next on my hit list of parts to buy.

Old 04-04-2018, 03:14 PM
Picked up my Feal 441 coilovers today!
What set did you get? I didn't see anything for the "Fit" on their site. a main reason why they were not on my radar.

Last edited by USDM; 04-09-2018 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by hotkey
If you thought the car was fun, it gets better after you install these!

And, for a really bad financial decision, I suggest Spoon Rigid Collar; they work well together, I think.
I'll check those out! Thank you.

Originally Posted by Fit10
Coilovers are next on my hit list of parts to buy.
Did you have a particular set in mind?

Originally Posted by fit13mwm
What set did you get? I didn't see anything for the "Fit" on their site. a main reason why they were not on my radar.
Feal's website is a little behind, but they can definitely make a set for your Fit; just call them and ask. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Old 04-04-2018, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator
Installed my Feal 441 coilovers with the help of my good friend, Suren, yesterday! We also installed my SPC camber bolts.

Spaceship mode!

Comparison between Feal damper and Honda OEM damper:

Bonus: Suren was kind enough to let me try on his TRMotorsport C1 wheels.

For those wondering, the wheels are 15x7.5" with a +42mm offset wrapped in 205/50/15 Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R tires.

Yours truly!

This is how Olga sits for now:

I intend on raising the ride height by approximately 0.5" in the front and 1.0" in the rear. It's currently a smidge too low for my liking.

The Feal 441 coilovers provide an awesome ride! They are very smooth and comfortable.

I have the damping set to 20/30 clicks at all four corners and the car feels very composed at both low and high speeds.

Feal set them to 15/30 clicks out of the box and that rode great as well, but I'd like to try out various settings, of course.

I'll post a detailed review once I have more seat time with the coilovers.

Last edited by USDM; 04-04-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:52 PM
Lookin' good! Personally, I prefer to go pretty low. 2019 will be my suspension and brake mods year and I'd like to go at least 1" lower all around. Air suspension might be a possibility, but the price to play the air game is pretty high.

Did you shim the rear for more camber? If not, you should at least shim it to correct the toe. Don't forget to adjust your front toe ASAP. Otherwise, your tires will get chewed up in no time.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by bosho.777
Lookin' good! Personally, I prefer to go pretty low. 2019 will be my suspension and brake mods year and I'd like to go at least 1" lower all around. Air suspension might be a possibility, but the price to play the air game is pretty high.

Did you shim the rear for more camber? If not, you should at least shim it to correct the toe. Don't forget to adjust your front toe ASAP. Otherwise, your tires will get chewed up in no time.
Thank you! Like I've mentioned before, your wheels look amazing! I can't wait to see them mounted on your car.

I'd like to dial the alignment in on the "track" setup, so, I'm leaving the rear alignment alone until I drop down to a 15" wheel setup.

Once I raise the front/rear ride height, I'll have the front toe corrected.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator
Made some adjustments to the ride height last night. I cannot thank my friend, Gabe, enough for his help.

I also took Olga in for an alignment today.

Finished!

The car drives MUCH better now.

Last edited by USDM; 04-05-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:39 PM
still a huge fan of this thread. I'm debating new shocks and springs or coil-overs. does anyone know the pros and cons?

Old 04-06-2018, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Olga looking realllllll goood!!!

im still slacking on the alignment... where did you get yours done? I need to get on mine.. i want to be a bit more lower so i’ll adjust those first.

wheels next!!

Old 04-06-2018, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by fit13mwm
still a huge fan of this thread. I'm debating new shocks and springs or coil-overs. does anyone know the pros and cons?
Thank you! Coilovers are, generally speaking, more expensive in comparison to a shock/spring combo.

Your ride height/damping adjustment is usually limited with a shock/spring combo.

You can purchase coilover sleeves which will allow you to adjust your ride height with a shock/spring combo.

Also, some shocks offer damping adjustment. Coilovers are basically an all-in-one package.

Originally Posted by Exgk5
Olga looking realllllll goood!!!

im still slacking on the alignment... where did you get yours done? I need to get on mine.. i want to be a bit more lower so i’ll adjust those first.

wheels next!!
Thank you! I had my wheel alignment completed at Just Tires.

I paid $90 for 6 months of wheel alignments. They allowed me to specify my camber/toe settings as well.

(818) 248-4716

3765 Foothill Blvd
La Crescenta, CA 91214

Last edited by USDM; 04-06-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator
Cleaned up my Hyakushiki Jidousha axle-back exhaust today.

Eagle One Nevr-Dull worked great for this task!

Shiny!

Last edited by USDM; 04-09-2018 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:19 PM
Anymore impressions to share on the coilovers? Daily comfort? Spirited/track driving? What was the price?
I'm currently nearing pulling the trigger on a setup. Was going to do Koni orange with Swift springs, but open to coilovers if the price is right. Want a setup tolerable on the street but capable on the rare track day. Adjustability not a huge necessity, which is why I was leaning shocks/springs given price difference.
Thanks!

Old 04-09-2018, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by ltjpunk7
Anymore impressions to share on the coilovers? Daily comfort? Spirited/track driving? What was the price?
I'm currently nearing pulling the trigger on a setup. Was going to do Koni orange with Swift springs, but open to coilovers if the price is right. Want a setup tolerable on the street but capable on the rare track day. Adjustability not a huge necessity, which is why I was leaning shocks/springs given price difference.
Thanks!
They are very comfortable for daily driving. I'm running the front dampers at 20/30 clicks and the rear dampers at 15/30 clicks and it's very smooth.

It does, of course, ride a bit more harsh than stock, but that's to be expected. Spring rates are 6 kg/mm up front and 3 kg/mm in the rear.

The car handles very well with the new dampers, but I still have quite a bit of fine tuning to do.

My alignment is acceptable for now, but I'll be dialing it in when I switch over to a 15" wheel setup. The coilovers were $1,400 for my application.

Feal can also valve your coilovers to your specifications.

I won't really be able to give a proper review until I purchase some new tires.

Last edited by USDM; 04-09-2018 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:12 PM
They are very comfortable for daily driving. I'm running the front dampers at 20/30 clicks and the rear dampers at 15/30 clicks and it's very smooth.

It does, of course, ride a bit more harsh than stock, but that's to be expected. Spring rates are 6 kg/mm up front and 3 kg/mm in the rear.

The car handles very well with the new dampers, but I still have quite a bit of fine tuning to do.

My alignment is acceptable for now, but I'll be dialing it in when I switch over to a 15" wheel setup. The coilovers were $1,400 for my application.

Feal can also valve your coilovers to your specifications.

I won't really be able to give a proper review until I purchase some new tires.
Thanks for the info. All good to heart, glad you’re liking it!

Is the higher number of clicks firmer? If so, wondering if you’d benefit from switching the differential to having the rear firmer.

Yeah the price is what keeps getting me on these setups. While $1400 is reasonable for good coilovers (and KW are slightly less), I’m having hard time justifying it for a car that I won’t be making regular fine tunes to. Would love if someone had the Koni/Swift combo and one of these coilovers setups for personal comparison.

Cheers.

Last edited by USDM; 04-09-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by ltjpunk7

Thanks for the info. All good to heart, glad you’re liking it!

Is the higher number of clicks firmer? If so, wondering if you’d benefit from switching the differential to having the rear firmer.

Yeah the price is what keeps getting me on these setups. While $1400 is reasonable for good coilovers (and KW are slightly less), I’m having hard time justifying it for a car that I won’t be making regular fine tunes to. Would love if someone had the Koni/Swift combo and one of these coilovers setups for personal comparison.

Cheers.
That is correct. The opposite also applies; the lower the number of clicks, the softer the suspension will ride.

I still need to play around with the settings, but I'm leaving that for when I switch to a 15" wheel setup.

I do believe having the rear damping set to a firmer setting versus the front will help the car rotate better, but I'm not well versed when it comes to suspension and suspension tuning.

Maybe someone else would be kind enough to chime in? I have quite a bit of learning to do!

Forum member, TofuShop, used a Koni/Ground Control combo at one point on his GK5. Perhaps he might be able to provide some insight on that setup if you ask him?

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ure-heavy.html

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...e-front.53538/

Last edited by USDM; 04-09-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Coilovers aren't only beneficial if you're making constant adjustments.

I bought HKS Hipermax for my S2000. I installed, drove a thousand miles or so, lowered the car a bunch. After it sat for a winter, I raised the rear by 10 millimetres.

I adjusted the damping once, that's it.

I haven't adjusted a thing on them since May of 2017. I have no intention of changing that either.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Coilovers aren't only beneficial if you're making constant adjustments.

I bought HKS Hipermax for my S2000. I installed, drove a thousand miles or so, lowered the car a bunch. After it sat for a winter, I raised the rear by 10 millimetres.

I adjusted the damping once, that's it.

I haven't adjusted a thing on them since May of 2017. I have no intention of changing that either.
Yeah, totally. Your point is well taken, and I get that heck even if you only adjust them one time it may be worth it for some applications. However, the Fit is what I would consider a throw around car and a daily that I'm just trying to slightly improve and make a little more fun. If I can get 85% of the improvements for 40% of the cost, that's good enough for me. If this was a dedicated track car, or even just a dedicated weekend car, I'd feel more than justified buying coilovers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Olga: The SoCal GK5