3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Olga: The SoCal GK5

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
I too am on the S2K bandwagon.. I will definitely keep the GK though! Next Year, S2K.. that is the plan! I just gotta stop throwing money on the GK tho! haha
Not a bandwagon for me; I've been wanting an S2000 for the last five years.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
MBN to be getting a car after only wanting it for five years.

I wanted one from eight years old on.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by mike410b
MBN to be getting a car after only wanting it for five years.

I wanted one from eight years old on.
At eight years of age, I was playing Need for Speed: High Stakes and had a hard-on for the McLaren F1 and Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR.

Old 08-08-2019, 05:29 PM
Did you upgrade to an s2000 yet? Nice mods!

Old 08-08-2019, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by DT_GK6
Did you upgrade to an s2000 yet? Nice mods!
Thanks! I'm hoping to buy one as soon as my Fit is paid off.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...vin-s-ge8.html

Once this car is paid off, I'm taking everything feasible off and listing it up for sale. I'll be looking for an AP2 in Grand Prix White, Sebring Silver, Rio Yellow, Silverstone Metallic, Suzuka Blue, or Laguna Blue. I'll, reluctantly, also entertain Berlina Black (you look at this paint the wrong way and it'll mar/scratch/swirl). I wanted a lower mileage example, but it makes zero sense considering how much I commute and that I actually drive my car(s), so something around 80-120K miles.

Old 08-08-2019, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by USDM
Thanks! I'm hoping to buy one as soon as my Fit is paid off.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...vin-s-ge8.html

Once this car is paid off, I'm taking everything feasible off and listing it up for sale. I'll be looking for an AP2 in Grand Prix White, Sebring Silver, Rio Yellow, Silverstone Metallic, Suzuka Blue, or Laguna Blue. I'll, reluctantly, also entertain Berlina Black (you look at this paint the wrong way and it'll mar/scratch/swirl). I wanted a lower mileage example, but it makes zero sense considering how much I commute and that I actually drive my car(s), so something around 80-120K miles.
That's awesome. I love that purple GE. I think I saw it for sale a while back. I just had my fenders rolled by @mrsexys2k. Check out his ride on Instagram. He does great work and was featured on Super Street.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by DT_GK6
That's awesome. I love that purple GE. I think I saw it for sale a while back. I just had my fenders rolled by @mrsexys2k. Check out his ride on Instagram. He does great work and was featured on Super Street.
That's my purple Fit. :P

Thankfully, if, and when, the time comes to have fenders rolled on the S2000, I already have the perfect person (in my opinion) decided on. Shane Rosas of Allout Dent Repair.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/allout-dent...nce-glendale-2

Old 08-27-2019, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Holy crap. This thread is really testing my "keep it pretty stock" plan.

Looks like you're really loving the car. Nice to see someone documenting a journey like this so thoroughly.

Just ordered some of those backup bulbs. Damn those are bright!

Old 08-30-2019, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Cruzin_Fit
Holy crap. This thread is really testing my "keep it pretty stock" plan.

Looks like you're really loving the car. Nice to see someone documenting a journey like this so thoroughly.

Just ordered some of those backup bulbs. Damn those are bright!
LOL, sorry! I did enjoy the car, but I modified it so quickly/extensively because I settled instead of buying the car I've always wanted which is the Honda S2000. The level of documentation was/is just a way for me to relieve my OCD and benefit others, I guess?

I'm glad you like the reverse light bulbs! I liked them because it improved the visibility of my backup camera as well as visibility of my car while it was backing up.

Old 08-31-2019, 11:42 PM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00000897297162

B16A2 are better than S2000 in my opinion

Old 09-01-2019, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by BUCARO
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00000897297162

B16A2 are better than S2000 in my opinion
Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Old 09-01-2019, 11:53 PM
Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Noooo thanks to you for taking the time to comment and thank me. and sorry if I was very intrusive, I'm subscribed to your forum and what I wanted to convey is that the civic If it's very good, I had the opportunity to have both cars at different times and I had much more fun with the B16A2 and that is how rivals underestimate it is fun to see their faces when they don't know how a 1.6-liter engine is capable of beating turbocharged engines just by having the right ingredients in the engine

Old 09-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
Noooo thanks to you for taking the time to comment and thank me. and sorry if I was very intrusive, I'm subscribed to your forum and what I wanted to convey is that the civic If it's very good, I had the opportunity to have both cars at different times and I had much more fun with the B16A2 and that is how rivals underestimate it is fun to see their faces when they don't know how a 1.6-liter engine is capable of beating turbocharged engines just by having the right ingredients in the engine
Well, you compared an engine to a car, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the comment's purpose was. I just drove my friend's AP1 S2000, with stock brake pads and Nitto NT555s, and it's unbelievably faster than my Fit which is sitting on RE-71Rs and has Integra Type R brakes up front with Hawk HP+ pads.

All this aside, I'm very partial to the S2000 and the driving feel that it offers. I've driven a plethora of cars and nothing gives me the same rush that an S2000 gives me. Yes, I've driven faster/better performing cars, but they do not offer the same driving enjoyment that the S2000 offers (to me). With your logic, any engine is capable of beating other engines with the right "ingredients".

Old 09-02-2019, 10:19 PM
Well, you compared an engine to a car, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the comment's purpose was. I just drove my friend's AP1 S2000, with stock brake pads and Nitto NT555s, and it's unbelievably faster than my Fit which is sitting on RE-71Rs and has Integra Type R brakes up front with Hawk HP+ pads.

All this aside, I'm very partial to the S2000 and the driving feel that it offers. I've driven a plethora of cars and nothing gives me the same rush that an S2000 gives me. Yes, I've driven faster/better performing cars, but they do not offer the same driving enjoyment that the S2000 offers (to me). With your logic, any engine is capable of beating other engines with the right "ingredients".
Well I am not comparing an engine with a car, the engine of a car is one of the main virtues that it can have, when I referred to a B16A2 I mean a civic model SI year 2000. And believe me I understand that you prefer the S2000 and it is a great car. Just try to convey that I had a S2000 and enjoy my civic SI year 2000 much more in every aspect, I think the variety is the taste and for tastes are the colors. And as for the modifications to the engines, it is not just my logic, that logically any modified engine is capable of defeating an opponent. In my case, modifying a B16A2 (civic SI) was much more fun and cheaper than modifying an F20C (S2000)

Old 09-03-2019, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Well I am not comparing an engine with a car, the engine of a car is one of the main virtues that it can have, when I referred to a B16A2 I mean a civic model SI year 2000. And believe me I understand that you prefer the S2000 and it is a great car. Just try to convey that I had a S2000 and enjoy my civic SI year 2000 much more in every aspect, I think the variety is the taste and for tastes are the colors. And as for the modifications to the engines, it is not just my logic, that logically any modified engine is capable of defeating an opponent. In my case, modifying a B16A2 (civic SI) was much more fun and cheaper than modifying an F20C (S2000)
This post makes no sense dude.

1) The classic FF double wishbone Civics/Integras are super fun.
2) The B-series rules.
3) Their steering feel craps upon that of the S2000.
4) The F20C/F22C poop heavily upon the B16. I say this as a lifelong fan of the B-series VTEC engines (B18B/B20 junk belongs in a dumpster)
5) You can't compare a well built FR halo sports car to an FF economy car with a better engine/trans & little else.

And of course the S2000 costs more to modify, as one example the S2000 OEM header is already super efficient, to make a header that actually improves upon it requires some real effort.

That and if dude wants S2000...dude wants S2000.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by mike410b
This post makes no sense dude.

1) The classic FF double wishbone Civics/Integras are super fun.
2) The B-series rules.
3) Their steering feel craps upon that of the S2000.
4) The F20C/F22C poop heavily upon the B16. I say this as a lifelong fan of the B-series VTEC engines (B18B/B20 junk belongs in a dumpster)
5) You can't compare a well built FR halo sports car to an FF economy car with a better engine/trans & little else.

And of course the S2000 costs more to modify, as one example the S2000 OEM header is already super efficient, to make a header that actually improves upon it requires some real effort.

That and if dude wants S2000...dude wants S2000.
You make some great points. My first car was a 1994 Civic hatchback and I owned 2 others after that; I LOVE the classic FF double wishbone Hondas.

The B-series is definitely awesome. My friend has an EK with a B16, 4.9 final drive, lightweight flywheel, etc. and that thing is an absolute BLAST to drive.

The steering in the EK felt very direct because he's using a manual rack with a quicker lock-to-lock, but the S2000 is something else entirely. The thing just feels like a precise surgical instrument.

I wouldn't doubt that it's cheaper to modify a B16A2 versus an F20C/F22C1, but like you've mentioned, the F20C/F22C1 engines are already very efficient. Let's not forget that the S2000's engine output/liter was unrivaled until the Ferrari 458 came along.

Honda has built, to my knowledge, 2 RWD cars (S2000 & NSX) and they're both legendary. I'm not trying to detract from their FF cars, but the S2000/NSX, to me, are very special cars. I just love the driving experience that the S2000 has to offer. I'm not about lap times and simply being fast. There's something extremely exhilarating, for me, in driving an S2000. The way the car drives literally feels like an extension of the driver; I give an input and the car is there doing what I wanted it to.

Last edited by USDM; 09-03-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
What the heck happened to this thread? LS1 is better than Jeep Grand Cherokee. So confused.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Cruzin_Fit
What the heck happened to this thread? LS1 is better than Jeep Grand Cherokee. So confused.
Haha, I've left it open for people who have questions about stuff I did, etc. to the car, but the car itself is gone. I have the 2013 Fit now.

Old 09-03-2019, 05:04 PM
Haha, I've left it open for people who have questions about stuff I did, etc. to the car, but the car itself is gone. I have the 2013 Fit for now.
Fixed for you.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Fixed for you.
Accurate statement, haha.

Quick Reply: Olga: The SoCal GK5