General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

2013 Fit Sport -> 2019 Honda Fit EX

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
all this cup holder talk ... reminded me of this

Old 07-16-2018, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
Love it! 10char

Old 07-17-2018, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
Of course these are "First World Problems"....so what?
This thread is also a comparison between 2 generations of Fit.
I like my 2016...a lot, just made a thread about how much I've liked it. BUT..that doesn't mean in a comparison, I wouldn't admit to there being some "First World" things I liked about my Gen 2 Fit better.

This type of feedback, is exactly how Honda does improve things. Even though to me it isn't an issue, the absence of a volume knob in the 2016 Fit, and complaints about it, is exactly what brought it back in subsequent Honda Fits.

I think there is a difference between mindless and never ending complaining, and simply pointing out things you like better or think could of been done better between Generations of Fits.

Old 03-18-2019, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cruciarius
Traded in my 2013 for a 2019 and granted the 2019 has a lot of pros going for it, like the tech, it does have 3 cons I noticed instantly.

No hidden compartment under the back seats. Not that I ever actually used it, but it was nice to know I could hide something small in there, if I wanted. My 2013 had an aftermarket stereo with removable face, for example. I could stash it in there. No such luck with the 2019.
I completely forgot about the hidden compartment on our 2009, I have not used it in years. For awhile I kept the owners' manual in there, but I found the latches inconvenient to deal with.

We do miss the passenger upper dash cupholder in the 2018. We now have a 2009 Sport and a 2018 EX, both manual, and the similarities and differences are fascinating (to me, that is).

Big differences (besides not having the thin carpet worn down to holes in places) we notice are improved and quieter ride, the significant increase of legroom in rear, and all the new features. Cargo space was a pleasant surprise, as the luggage that used to require a little cajoling to fit down between the rear seat and transom actually slides in more easily. I had assumed the cargo pan was shorter in the 3rd gen, but it's actually a fraction of an inch longer. THe loss of published cargo space appears to come from the steeper slant on the rear window. I top-rear space of the cargo area was the least used, so I don't miss the 2 cu ft. Also, i'm 6'5 but feel like i have nearly as much headroom in the EX as I do in the Sport.

No intention of letting the 2009 go, so we'll be comparing these cars for years. (Our 2001 Civic is moving on the kid who first rode it in at age 4).

Old 05-02-2019, 03:59 PM
I LOVE it when going to the end of a page drops you into a different thread without notification. Ignore me.

Last edited by fredgiblet; 05-02-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:51 PM
2018 sport with 94,000 miles. no i dont regret my purchase. the interior carpet is pretty shitty so get some rubber or good quality carpet mats. 3 of my 4 injectors fouled up at 75K and killed my catalytic converter too. glad i got the extended warantee. my 2nd car with CVT and i like it.

Old 05-10-2019, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Did you run any sort of oil catch can?

Old 05-10-2019, 02:01 PM

Nope but I will on my next one......

Old 05-10-2019, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BigSpark
Nope but I will on my next one......
I've got a 2018 EX and put a catch can on within the first 1,000 miles.

The amount of oil that it's collected is... significant. Definitely recommend one for any GDI engine.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
The engines have been out there for like four years now right? If it were a huge problem (which anecdotally from the amount of oil collected by the can you could infer it is) wouldn't it be known by now as the manifolds get gunked up and the engine starts burning oil?

Old 05-11-2019, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fujisawa
The engines have been out there for like four years now right? If it were a huge problem (which anecdotally from the amount of oil collected by the can you could infer it is) wouldn't it be known by now as the manifolds get gunked up and the engine starts burning oil?
It's a problem with all GDI engines not just the Honda one. Volkswagen owners and even Corvette owners who really care also install catch cans.

Old 05-11-2019, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
i agree.. hyundai and pretty much all korean major brands (appliances, home electronics, phone, etc) do dis all da time.. look were dey are at now. wtf mang.. at least their OH and AL plant folks are listening.. sort of.
You know, it's funny. Years and years ago when Hyundai first came out with their cars, a Japanese designer who was "studying" one of the Hyundai's was asked why they even bothered to look at one of those "inferior" cars. His response at that time was, "We study what NOT TO DO in the design of our cars". Good point but now, Hyundai and Kia are giving the Japanese a real run for their money so I'll bet that the Japanese designers are now studying the Hyundai's for what they do right. Live, learn, adapt and adapt well.

Last edited by JerryHughes; 05-11-2019 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 05-19-2019, 08:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JerryHughes
You know, it's funny. Years and years ago when Hyundai first came out with their cars, a Japanese designer who was "studying" one of the Hyundai's was asked why they even bothered to look at one of those "inferior" cars. His response at that time was, "We study what NOT TO DO in the design of our cars".
That is actually total hogwash. I had an '88 Hyundai Excel (at the time, the cheapest new car you could buy, at $5295), and my takeaway was how WELL DESIGNED it was. Best sight lines I've ever had (much better than either of my Fits -- no blind spots in any direction), a great dead pedal, easy to use split rear seat (not a common feature at that time), variable intermittent wipers, and generally, a well thought out design that made the car easy to use... but you didn't realize it until you'd had it awhile. They put a lot of thought into the details -- and got zero credit for it; everyone still thinks it was a cheap, disposable car. I got 12 years and 160,000 miles out of mine -- and it was still running decently when I got rid of it, but I was moving from Chicago to AZ and didn't want to take it with me. See: https://www.kafalas.com/urbcol19.htm

Urb

Last edited by urbie4; 05-19-2019 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Added link to column
Old 05-19-2019, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by urbie4
That is actually total hogwash. I had an '88 Hyundai Excel (at the time, the cheapest new car you could buy, at $5295), and my takeaway was how WELL DESIGNED it was. Best sight lines I've ever had (much better than either of my Fits -- no blind spots in any direction), a great dead pedal, easy to use split rear seat (not a common feature at that time), variable intermittent wipers, and generally, a well thought out design that made the car easy to use... but you didn't realize it until you'd had it awhile. They put a lot of thought into the details -- and got zero credit for it; everyone still thinks it was a cheap, disposable car. I got 12 years and 160,000 miles out of mine -- and it was still running decently when I got rid of it, but I was moving from Chicago to AZ and didn't want to take it with me. See: https://www.kafalas.com/urbcol19.htm

Urb
Hey, that statement didn't come from me. I heard that on the news, years ago. Go figure. And like I said, things are totally different now.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary

My only complaint about the driver’s side cup holder is that putting a cup in it blocks the A/C outlet on that side.
yup. useless acc

Old 07-04-2019, 08:06 PM
It'll heat up a can of Campbell's Chunky soup well you're going down the road stop at rest area I need a spoon and you're good to go. Keep your drink cold in the summer when you have the AC on as well

Old 07-05-2019, 01:32 PM
I feel like that was intentional. Put your cold beverage in front of the AC and it'll stay a touch colder. That's how I use it at least.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Umm yeah that is the point indeed. Most people like cold drinks when the ac is on and hot in the winter.. If not, there's always the center holders.