3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

are the 2015s really that bad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
Not everyone who owns a 2015 has problems with it. You mostly only hear from those who do. Folks who are happy don't post on here much. I will, my son's 2015 had been great so far. Fingers crossed.
Very true. But when the dealer can't or won't fix the problem, that gets very annoying. My car developed an intermittent problem with the LaneWatch camera two weeks after I took delivery. It took the dealer over two years to replace the radio/head unit, which was the known repair.

My son's car had the "Lean Mixture" warning light come on, P0176 (or something like that). After spending over $700, he was able to get the State inspection done - two months late - but then the light lit up again. The next step would have been injectors, if the car hadn't been totaled.

Old 04-20-2019, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
Not everyone who owns a 2015 has problems with it. You mostly only hear from those who do. Folks who are happy don't post on here much. I will, my son's 2015 had been great so far. Fingers crossed.
Very true. Just like not everyone who shops at Wal-Mart wears a nightgown in the middle of the day. However, each happens enough to be cautionary for other shoppers.

I want to love this car, but the one I bought is a lemon.

Last edited by illoomination; 04-20-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
Angry

Originally Posted by illoomination
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

I can't wait to get rid of this car. I might trade it straight-up for a Kia and a pack of gum.
You find a hamster and I provide a pack pf gum. What flavor> My 2015 EX Fit is awaiting shop time, not for mechanical problems, but because two floors of bricks fell near by, denting and scratching it. Awaiting building management's check $6,200.18 to make her right again.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KentFinn
My 2015 EX Fit is awaiting shop time, not for mechanical problems, but because two floors of bricks fell near by, denting and scratching it. Awaiting building management's check $6,200.18 to make her right again.
Dang, that bites!!! Hopefully they come across with the cashish in a timely mannerfor ya. I had to chuckle this afternoon, wife and I went out with her parents for dinner, picked them up in my Fit....My MIL says "What's wrong with your muffler??? Is it supposed to be that loud???" I chuckle in my head, and say "What??? I can't hear you !!! My muffler's too loud" heh ….it's not "loud," per se, just a lil louder than stock - have a Tanabe Medalion Touring, for crying out loud....this coming from a lady whose husband, my FIL, used to get tickets back in the day ('50's, am guessing) for violating noise ordinances, or something pertaining to too loud an exhaust. The old fogeys....LOL

Old 04-21-2019, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by illoomination
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

I can't wait to get rid of this car. I might trade it straight-up for a Kia and a pack of gum.
Why wait? Get rid of it. Life is too short to be so unhappy. My 2015 has over 75K and other than q/c issues and recalls, has not had any major repairs done. 2 tanks ago I got 46.285 MPG on a full tank. It's got the saggy front bumper, but still starts up every time.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Spyke
43k on ours, not a SINGLE thing wrong with it, runs smooth and perfect.

I have a wheel bearing noise from the left rear, but it miiiight just be the shitty stock tires that came on it that are on their way out. We did go from 13K a year and a half ago to 43k now, (My wife drives back and forth to LA every 2 weeks on average for her medical study, so the miles did suddenly pile up quick.)

That's the only negative I can think of and it's not really confirmed yet anyways.
Just did 50k and a tuneup with new tires. Noise was indeed just shitty stock tires, and not a bearing (which it did really sound like)

Ran through the whole car and again not a damn thing wrong besides needing fresh fluids throughout!

Old 04-22-2019, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Why wait? Get rid of it. Life is too short to be so unhappy. My 2015 has over 75K and other than q/c issues and recalls, has not had any major repairs done. 2 tanks ago I got 46.285 MPG on a full tank. It's got the saggy front bumper, but still starts up every time.
Not unhappy, and not trying to start a fight here. I'm simply disappointed - much like a parent might be when their teenager doesn't do his homework, or when any sane person first saw the Star Wars prequels.

Definitely working on (a) moving on from the car when appropriate, and (b) making sure it's fixed and running well so that I don't pass on a problem to a stranger.

Love hearing that some folks are enjoying the car. The odds just weren't with me on this one.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:31 PM
Thumbs down Avoid the 2015 model; $1980 to replace fuel injectors

Went to the local Honda dealer, after 4 indicators (Tire, Steering, Check Motor & VSA) lit while driving this morning. Car has 33,000 miles is 4.5 years old and runs perfectly and is out of warranty. After running a diagnostic, the estimate was $1,980 to replace 4 fuel injectors. On my way home, I got 43 miles per gallon & it ran beautifully. According to Honda, unless there is a recall or warranty extension I am on the hook. After reading posts on this site, I see I am not alone - great source of information. I will file a complaint with NTSA. Very disappointed with Honda after reading that so many others have had the almost identical problem - low mileage car, no performance issues, out of warranty etc. I will go to my local garage to double check and if it comes down to it will have to have the repair. Good thing about that is I will be able to save about a third over the dealership. If ever there was a case for warranty extension this is it. Advice anyone?

Old 05-01-2019, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
The time for issuing a recall or warranty extension has passed. Honda has decided to do nothing and with the warranties over they will instead stick the 2015 (and some 2016) owners with the repair cost from now on. Since it's not a safety issue, as say air bags are, government agencies won't get involved and you're on your own. Sorry man.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gillooly
Went to the local Honda dealer, after 4 indicators (Tire, Steering, Check Motor & VSA) lit while driving this morning. Car has 33,000 miles is 4.5 years old and runs perfectly and is out of warranty. After running a diagnostic, the estimate was $1,980 to replace 4 fuel injectors. On my way home, I got 43 miles per gallon & it ran beautifully. According to Honda, unless there is a recall or warranty extension I am on the hook. After reading posts on this site, I see I am not alone - great source of information. I will file a complaint with NTSA. Very disappointed with Honda after reading that so many others have had the almost identical problem - low mileage car, no performance issues, out of warranty etc. I will go to my local garage to double check and if it comes down to it will have to have the repair. Good thing about that is I will be able to save about a third over the dealership. If ever there was a case for warranty extension this is it. Advice anyone?
Yes, it is a shame. Honda must be absolutely thrilled that the problem rears its ugly head after the warranty period, especially for such an expensive repair. They know those injectors are bad, yet they aren't making the situation right. Although the car runs right, it won't pass a state inspection. Those warning lights are more for emissions than anything else. When one comes on, several others may jump on the bandwagon, even if they aren't malfunctioning.

Old 05-02-2019, 07:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Yes, it is a shame. Honda must be absolutely thrilled that the problem rears its ugly head after the warranty period, especially for such an expensive repair. They know those injectors are bad, yet they aren't making the situation right. Although the car runs right, it won't pass a state inspection. Those warning lights are more for emissions than anything else. When one comes on, several others may jump on the bandwagon, even if they aren't malfunctioning.
is this confined to CVT Fits only or all Fits?

Old 05-02-2019, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
is this confined to CVT Fits only or all Fits?
Same injectors in all of them.

Old 05-02-2019, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
My 2015 6MT had the same issue @16k miles and dealer replaced injectors and some fuel pipe and some other misc stuff under warranty.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Same injectors in all of them.
68,000 miles on mine so far and all is well. Averaging 41+ MPG.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
68,000 miles on mine so far and all is well. Averaging 41+ MPG.
Yep, there's the rub. This car should be great and would ideally be one to drive right past the gas pumps while the SUV owners are draining their wallets, but the issues with the 2015 version are maddeningly (and financially) frustrating for those of us with unlucky VIN numbers.

Seems like the best answers going forward in this thread will be to help others save as much money as possible. I envy those of you who have no complaints, but those anecdotes really mean nothing to those of us who have gotten the 2015 Honda Fit sucker punch; your comments belong on another thread. For those of you getting the warning lights, they most likely are the aforementioned fuel injector problems, and I recommend, from recent experience, taking the car to the Honda dealer you purchased from and trying to get them to back you in pressing Honda (the big company) to cover as much of the costs as possible.

Why couldn't have this been my Honda Fit?

Old 05-02-2019, 10:25 PM
Take it to the dealer you bought it from and see if you can find the right service tech who will work with you to harangue the big Honda corporation. The parts are the biggest chunk of change in this scenario. If you only pay labor, you'll feel like a winner.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:57 PM
2015 ex 6m

I am 52 and have been a Honda fan my whole life..Started with a 77 civic, several Crxs until I bought a 06 Si.09 S2000 and now a 2015 Fit. This car is amazing Honda Engineering but it’s not Typical Honda build quality. With all my Honda cars and motorcycles. We did performance mods and general maintenance, never repairs like this. My fit has had the coil pack replaced, 3 out of 4 wheel bearings, it’s now back in at Honda for a injector replacement at a cost of 1,400 Canadian at 133,000 kilometres. It’s just ridiculous for a Honda product.

I love this car despite the issues. It’s the most fuel efficient Honda I have ever owned and the amount of stuff this car can carry is truly impressive considering it’s size. The seat bed configuration is perfect for my wife when we travel long distances. She can fully stretch out and sleep in comfort while we still have 2 bikes and all our gear inside the car with 2 Kayaks on the roof and it’s pulling a small boiler camper. A Scamp for you guys in the U.S. All this gear,
my wife sleeping fully stretched out and comfortable pulling a 1200 lb trailer it still gets 30 plus miles to the gallon
and pulls the trailer through the mountains with ease..I will drive this to about 300,000 Kilometres and buy another one. Next time I will purchase the 200,000k 8 year plus warranty. It’s unfortunate the Honda build quality no longer matches the excellent engineering that Honda is famous for.I Ijust bought a 2019 Honda Rebel for 6000 Canadian and it’s one of the best motorcycles I have ever owned. I paid more for my new 1988 Honda Hurricane 600 way back in 1988..

Last edited by Trackit; 05-03-2019 at 09:06 PM. Reason: To add more
Old 05-06-2019, 04:41 PM
Has the throttle been replace by the fuel injectors?

Old 05-06-2019, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Has the throttle been replace by the fuel injectors?
Huh? I'm no mechanic, but it is my understanding that the throttle controls the fuel injectors.

Old 05-07-2019, 03:58 AM
Originally Posted by CommanderSlug
My 2015 6MT had the same issue @16k miles and dealer replaced injectors and some fuel pipe and some other misc stuff under warranty.
Happened at 59,900 miles on the Fit, paid $400 labor, Honda Goodwilled the parts.

Now I'm having electrical issues, changing an alternator and battery didn't fix the issue. Car says check charge system. Been driving like this for 20k miles after the mechanic couldn't figure it out. No VSC or TCS makes the car a fun time on an autocross 😂

Quick Reply: are the 2015s really that bad?