3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

are the 2015s really that bad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
i have the engine cold start rattle and am waiting for injector issues.....door recall done and the hatch hinges got super rusty all of a sudden ..on a basically NEW car!!

Old 05-12-2019, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by 2015FITEX
i have the engine cold start rattle and am waiting for injector issues.....door recall done and the hatch hinges got super rusty all of a sudden ..on a basically NEW car!!
What's the cause of the rattle? Mine has it too.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
My 2015 just started throwing a P0563 code today, I guess I have to bring it in for this oddity, drives fine, but there is some voltage problem it seems. I am sure it will cost hundreds to fix and what's interesting with this one is it does this when I shift gears on my MT6. Bizarre behavior, but I can't find others seeing this problem. So mine has the special hex on it. I will be sure to post what the cost and true root cause is once my Honda dealer is through with it. This is not the first unwarranted fail in the first 40K miles.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:00 AM
5 Year Member
It could be something simple and inexpensive, but your friendly, local Honda dealer will see major problem$$$.

https://www.autocodes.com/p0563_honda.html

Old 05-29-2019, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
So the takeaway from this thread is: “yes, the ‘15 Fit IS really that bad. If you have one, unload it now, preferably to someone who hasn’t read this.”

Old 05-29-2019, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
So the takeaway from this thread is: “yes, the ‘15 Fit IS really that bad. If you have one, unload it now, preferably to someone who hasn’t read this.”
Au counterair, they are NOT that bad, Wassa matter, trying to pick one up on the cheap?

They are not perfect, but then again, neither are Rolls or Benzs.

Old 05-30-2019, 06:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KentFinn
Au counterair, they are NOT that bad, Wassa matter, trying to pick one up on the cheap?

They are not perfect, but then again, neither are Rolls or Benzs.
Well, mine is doing just fine, but if I’m to believe what I read here ALL the ‘15’s have bad injectors and ALL will fail. It’s just a matter of time.

Old 05-30-2019, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Well, mine is doing just fine, but if I’m to believe what I read here ALL the ‘15’s have bad injectors and ALL will fail. It’s just a matter of time.
Mine too. I wonder if there's a relationship between injector failures and not using Top Tier gas per the manual?

Old 05-30-2019, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
All the 2015 Fit injectors are bad but whether it was a design issue or something was wrong with the material they used to make them we don't know and Honda won't say. Honda has never tied it to gasoline or anything like that. They're just bad.

Now that being said the failures when they go are somewhat random. There must have been a noticeable number of failures in 2015 because by early 2016 the redesigned part was rushed out. There's a steady trickle of failures under warranty, there's a steady trickle of failures after warranty, there was a steady trickle of failures with low mileage, there's a steady trickle of failures from cars with high mileage. There is no pattern. I would guess that it's possible some cars may live out their lifespan with the part never failing. It's simply a sword hanging over the owner's heads.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
Mine too. I wonder if there's a relationship between injector failures and not using Top Tier gas per the manual?
^^^ This is probably the main reason for the failing injectors. Please stop using gas from Discount R-US gas stations and only use Top Tier gas.

My 2015 Fit EX purchased new in September 2014 with 33278 miles on it has had ZERO issues.

No repairs at all just $1025.98 for Maintenance with four new Yokohama Tires being half of that amount.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CIOWN
^^^ This is probably the main reason for the failing injectors. Please stop using gas from Discount R-US gas stations and only use Top Tier gas.

My 2015 Fit EX purchased new in September 2014 with 33278 miles on it has had ZERO issues.

No repairs at all just $1025.98 for Maintenance with four new Yokohama Tires being half of that amount.
The warranty service bulletin includes replacing a redesigned fuel pipe item along with some misc parts of the fuel system as well. This indicates that there is a design issue at hand with the fuel delivery system. The high pressure fuel pump seems to be all good... along with the low pressure fuel pump. They replaced injectors and fuel pipe under warranty at 16k miles no questions asked. They did not even bother to ask me anything about what gas I put in(and yes I only put in top tier)... and had no issues with cel coming on in over 50k miles. I traded in for a 2016 cvt low mileage (10k) and I am now at 35k and I get the cel coming on and goes off the next day ... guess what ..... it's the same issue again.... what a bummer.... good thing I have extended warranty on this one.

Last edited by CommanderSlug; 06-13-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:15 AM
5 Year Member
My son's 2019 gets better mileage than his 2015, and I'd like to trade my 2015 for a new one. However, I added soundproofing all through the car, I have two separate fuse panels for always-live and live with ignition, three additional 12v outlets, and a couple of other things. I wouldn't want to go through all that again. I have only 54k miles on my car, and it's running okay. The camera in the center of the windshield of the 2019 is a great feature for safety.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
My son's 2019 gets better mileage than his 2015, and I'd like to trade my 2015 for a new one. However, I added soundproofing all through the car, I have two separate fuse panels for always-live and live with ignition, three additional 12v outlets, and a couple of other things. I wouldn't want to go through all that again. I have only 54k miles on my car, and it's running okay. The camera in the center of the windshield of the 2019 is a great feature for safety.
Since we are only talking a few parts (expensive parts, but just parts) you'd be better off just updating your fuel system to the current. Hard to beat sticking with a good platform that is running good already. I'd just maybe look into updating it to the current best stuff.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Since we are only talking a few parts (expensive parts, but just parts) you'd be better off just updating your fuel system to the current. Hard to beat sticking with a good platform that is running good already. I'd just maybe look into updating it to the current best stuff.
He states that his 2015 is running okay so why would you spend for expensive parts now?

Not everyone who has a 2015 model is having the injector problem and if it doesn't have it by now maybe it won't ever have it. Seems foolish to spend money now on a problem that might never happen.

Last edited by CIOWN; 06-13-2019 at 11:46 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
I'd agree. It's foolish to spend money trying to anticipate a problem you might never have. And if you spend the money and then write the car off in an accident a month later wouldn't that really piss you off.

Old 01-20-2020, 08:47 AM
Just traded in my 2015 Milano Red Fit EX w/a manual transmission (in Nashville in case anybody’s interested) for a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid that gets way better fuel mileage but weighs almost a ton more. In it’s defense the Fit always started & never stranded me. However, everything else about that car was ultra cheap not to mention all of it’s 1st model year ’made in Mexico’ teething problems. I was lucky they took it in trade @ the Toyota dealership. Based purely on my ‘Fit’ experience I’ll never buy another Honda automobile. Pity because their motorcycles are always top notch which is why I bought the Fit in the first place. Don’t waste your cash on a Honda. Go for the Toyota instead is my advice.

Old 01-20-2020, 08:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smithdog
Just traded in my 2015 Milano Red Fit EX w/a manual transmission (in Nashville in case anybody’s interested) for a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid that gets way better fuel mileage but weighs almost a ton more. In it’s defense the Fit always started & never stranded me. However, everything else about that car was ultra cheap not to mention all of it’s 1st model year ’made in Mexico’ teething problems. I was lucky they took it in trade @ the Toyota dealership. Based purely on my ‘Fit’ experience I’ll never buy another Honda automobile. Pity because their motorcycles are always top notch which is why I bought the Fit in the first place. Don’t waste your cash on a Honda. Go for the Toyota instead is my advice.
My son's 2015 got to about 80,000 miles before it started having fuel-related problems. He spent over $700 on it for it to pass the state inspection. Then the codes popped up again. The next step would have been $1,700 for injector replacement. Fortunately, someone ran into him, and the car was totaled. Now he drives a 2019 Fit.

My 2015 Fit has 64,000 miles on it. So far, so good.

Old 01-20-2020, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by smithdog
Gee, sounds almost like talking to myself. Ditto Milano Red 2015 EX manual Fit. I must be lucky or not as critical. This is my 4lth Honda (Civic Wagon, Civic EX Coupe, Civic Si Coupe, and now the EX Fit). One silver, 3 Milano red. If I were to buy another car, Hondas would be at the top of my list. Since I am now 79, I'm most likely not going to buy another car. Oh, I'm also an endangered species, a native Nashvillian.

Old 01-20-2020, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
Have a 15 Fit I bought new, and for the last 2 1/2 years, my son has been driving it on a 80 mile round trip commute 5 days a week.
The car it approaching 80,000 miles on the clock, and so far has given us zero problems.
Normal maintenance, a new set of tires at about 30,000 miles, and a battery replacement 3 years ago.
Yes, the injectors could give up the ghost at any time, but just what do you really expect for a $16,000 out the door car?

Should Honda give an extended warranty on the fuel injectors, I say yes they should.
But it is not a deal killer to me, as when it comes time to replace the 15 Fit, it will likely be replaced by another Fit, if Honda is still offering them in North America.

Old 01-30-2020, 05:09 AM
5 Year Member
Mine was built in the last week of 2014 and I'm at 125,000 miles. Thought I had an electrical glitch, found out it was my android as at did the same thing to a Nissan rental. Brake rotors warped. That's pretty much only issue.

I had medical issues and I could no longer drive my daily. I knew it was a risk when purchased. New plant. New generation. New engine. I assumed this risk over other options for cars at the time. I wanted a manual, and I wanted it under 20 grand.

I won't be happy if the expensive injectors, starter or push button die. Probably pretty mad, but spending a couple grand on fixing those issues is better than dropping 20 grand on a new car. Retirement is approaching and she needs to go at least another 4 years. Parts are starting to show up at Rock Auto (starters are still $300).

It's an entry level car with entry level stuff. Still love it and drive it very hard. She'll hit 6 grand on every interstate ramp trying to get this little toy up to speed.

Quick Reply: are the 2015s really that bad?