3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

tanabe medallion exhast

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
tanabe medallion exhast

hello , i'm new to the forum ,just got a 2019 LX 6 speed , went from an '02 si , had it since it was new but with 214000 on it , it was time to move on.
anyway, i'm liking this fit alot , it's a great drive . for anyone with experience with the tanabe axle back - the box ( from carid ) came open on one end ,
the muffler itself looks fine , but i'm wondering , was there supposed to be some kind of gaskit included ?

Old 08-28-2018, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member
Mine didn't come with a gasket ... just mated to the factory ball/gasket that stayed stuck to the factory exhaust when I removed the original muffler from my '15 LX

Old 08-28-2018, 06:16 AM
5 Year Member
thanks alot , i didn't want to take anything apart before i knew for sure that i had all the parts

Old 08-28-2018, 09:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bill bosco
thanks alot , i didn't want to take anything apart before i knew for sure that i had all the parts
No problem.... I used the factory "gasket" (dunno what they call it) , factory bolts w/ springs, and factory rubber hanger mounts, was a very quick and easy install, and I love it, it sounds quite nice without being obnoxious at all. Mine's a '15 LX, but don't think that matters, it seems it's the Sport models that Honda changed up the hangers on, but, folks are working around it in a couple ways. Enjoy

Old 08-28-2018, 10:30 AM
Same here. The muffler came very nicely wrapped and apart from a couple of stickers there were no extra parts in the box.
Enjoy!

Old 08-29-2018, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
exhast follow up

just installed the tanabe exhast tonight , went right in , used my brother's hanger tool and the rubber hangers pop off quite easily , had to tweak the hangers down a little
since there wasn't that much clearance with the bottom of the bumper . anyway , it's quiet , more -so than in the videos i've heard . suits me fine though , i've got an AEM
intake on the car and seems to work well with it , there's a little bump up in power , that's basically what i'm lookin for . wonder what a bigger B pipe would do for it ? some where
down the road i may look into that .for now i'm waiting on some chassis braces to come in and that'll be it for a while . i'm liking this car

Old 08-30-2018, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bill bosco
just installed the tanabe exhast tonight , went right in , used my brother's hanger tool and the rubber hangers pop off quite easily , had to tweak the hangers down a little
since there wasn't that much clearance with the bottom of the bumper . anyway , it's quiet , more -so than in the videos i've heard . suits me fine though , i've got an AEM
intake on the car and seems to work well with it , there's a little bump up in power , that's basically what i'm lookin for . wonder what a bigger B pipe would do for it ? some where
down the road i may look into that .for now i'm waiting on some chassis braces to come in and that'll be it for a while . i'm liking this car
Glad ya like it....have done little to mine....replaced the "toy" shifter knob with something more proper, the Tanabe axleback, Progress rear sway bar, tinted windows, and plastidipped the useless red "pillar" pieces of non-functional red plastic on the hatch....looks great on a black LX. I love my car, figured this might indeed be my last chance to own/drive a MT auto <edit> oh, and the ram air piece I got from Touge on here

Old 08-30-2018, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
Mine is still sitting in the box. I might try to install it this weekend. Am hoping it doesn't sound too bad with my CVT.

Steve

Old 08-30-2018, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shadow Smith
Mine is still sitting in the box. I might try to install it this weekend. Am hoping it doesn't sound too bad with my CVT.

Steve
It'll sound fine It's throatier than the factory muffler, but not really loud at all....it's a nice piece

Old 09-01-2018, 02:24 PM
Tanabe is like that rare, high OEM-quality muffler with a great tone straight from the factory.
Not loud, but very present and full of pleasant tone that greatly enhances car's personality and makes driving it a full, engaging experience.
It is obvious that it was developed with care and attention, real R&D went into it and it is not just an off-the-shelf glasspack with a coke can size tip slapped onto it.

Makes this car sound like a proper Honda - adds character and solid mechanical growl missing in stock form.
Cancels out all of the racket from the engine bay and nicely fills the void left by the stock muffler that is corked tight and practically silent.
Looks stunning and represents tremendous value for the price IMO.

No idea how it pairs up with CVT, but with the 6MT it is basically perfect.

Last edited by vinylengraver; 09-01-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinylengraver
…. adds character and solid mechanical growl missing in stock form.
Cancels out all of the racket from the engine bay and nicely fills the void left by the stock muffler that is corked tight and practically silent.
Looks stunning and represents tremendous value for the price IMO.
My thoughts exactly I feel like Goldilocks....it's "just right"

Old 09-03-2018, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
any one with any experience changing the b pipe ?, i have a brother whose built performance stuff professionally , he's looked at the exhaust routing on the fit and says changing the b pipe
won't necessarily make that much more power , it might not be worth the money

Old 09-04-2018, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Hey guys.

My FIL and I knocked this out over the weekend (he has a lift). I think it took us 10-15 minutes. This is an excellent exhaust. It's exactly what I wanted, even with my CVT.
It's throatier on start-up and doesn't drone on the highway.

It's a great mod!

Steve