3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

blox swaybar

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 08:35 AM
5 Year Member
blox swaybar

i have a blox swaybar , along with a megan racing lower tie bar coming sometime today , it's dawned on me that the heavier bar may be a bit too
much the end link tabs on the struts . all the chassis bits on this car (3rd gen fit ) on pretty light weight , more-so than i've seen on any other honda .
i,ve owned a 90 civic hatch and an '02 si . both had rather robust suspension pieces . the tie bar is definitely going on , i'm a little nervous about the swaybar .
i have a progress bar on the back , i don't think it's stressing anything though , it's a nice addition

Old 09-05-2018, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
blox update

Originally Posted by bill bosco
i have a blox swaybar , along with a megan racing lower tie bar coming sometime today , it's dawned on me that the heavier bar may be a bit too
much the end link tabs on the struts . all the chassis bits on this car (3rd gen fit ) on pretty light weight , more-so than i've seen on any other honda .
i,ve owned a 90 civic hatch and an '02 si . both had rather robust suspension pieces . the tie bar is definitely going on , i'm a little nervous about the swaybar .
i have a progress bar on the back , i don't think it's stressing anything though , it's a nice addition
well , i've answered my own question , kind of , got the sway bar and the tie bar today , was late , but on a whim , i put the tie bar on ( helpful hint , i would cut off those tabs on either end of the bar , don't know what they're for , but they were definitely in the way on torquing back down the control arm bolts ,. especially the right side ) the sway bar won't be a problem , at least not in the near future , since in didn't go on . looks like it will involve dropping the control arms , and or the subframe , that's not gonna happen any time soon . anyway , the tie bar turns out to be really neat , highly
recommended . definitely classes up the ride , i have 2 more braces on back order from kamispeed ( beatrush ) i hope they come through . maybe since 2019 is probably the last of the 3rd gen. fit .
inventory on all the good stuff is going down . i think i got the last megan tie bar from carid , they are on back order now , as is their subframe brace , bummer , chassis braces do alot . took the car for a nice high speed drive tonight , it's starting to feel as anchored to to road as my si , nice

Old 09-06-2018, 07:26 AM
Neat. Links? pictures?

Old 09-15-2018, 09:47 PM
This has my interest. I do a ton of driving on curvy mountain rides and I am always in a hurry. Seeing 100 is not uncommon. The car is predictable but not very stable. I have thought about Swift springs to tighten things up as I have used them with good luck in the past.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stephenmarklay
This has my interest. I do a ton of driving on curvy mountain rides and I am always in a hurry. Seeing 100 is not uncommon. The car is predictable but not very stable. I have thought about Swift springs to tighten things up as I have used them with good luck in the past.
at speeds up around 100 , i'd say the heavier sway bar would definitely be a plus , i also have a progress bar at the rear , this tightened things up also . in your case i think the springs
would be be a good idea , on my car i'm not going that route , i won't need them . right now waiting to hear from 2 venders about some chassis braces , as many as i can get , except maybe
an upper shock tower brace . the braces do alot for stability , you'd be surprised . oh , and go with wider rims if you havn't done that yet ( 6 1/2 - 7 inches ) . stiffens up the sidewalls

Last edited by bill bosco; 09-16-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by knope
Neat. Links? pictures?
+1

I'm aware they have a sway made for GD's, did not know they make them for GK5's. mind sharing more details/info/pics/links?

Old 09-18-2018, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
+1

I'm aware they have a sway made for GD's, did not know they make them for GK5's. mind sharing more details/info/pics/links?
got no pics , haven't installed it yet , it's really tight under there . at first glance it looks like i might need to drop the subframe . what i like about it
is it's actually a tad smaller than stock ( it's solid rather than hollow ) so the bushing has a little more meat to it . it's got to be heavier though .
while i was under there , i installed a Megan racing 2 point lower bar ( ties the control arms ) this is a nice addition , almost feels like a bigger sway bar .
extra chassis braces are always good . right now i'm not in a rush to put the bar on , i'll take another look , possibly i can get by with removing the transaxle
brace ( it's a little knuckle under there ) to snake the sway bar in there . i got the bar from carid , it's one of the few pieces they have left for the 3rd gen fit at the moment

Last edited by bill bosco; 09-18-2018 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
got a link, for the blox sway in question?