3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Denied

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 10:16 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
meh, comparing a GK to a new Si or WRX is bullshit. its not even in da same category.. get ur head checked. too much VW fumes destroyed ur brain cells. lol

Old 09-19-2018, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
meh, comparing a GK to a new Si or WRX is bullshit. its not even in da same category.. get ur head checked. too much VW fumes destroyed ur brain cells. lol
? a fit sport with hfp and upgraded armrest is a bit over $21,000. Not comparing it to a WRX. I said I had a WRX in the past (2015 model).
a new SI can be found for under $24,000.

Most buyers shop by price, not by manufacturer categories.
So yes, the fit may not be the deal of the century at $21,000, but I have a soft spot for it.
The SI was brought up because it is the same price as a discounted Miata (something i’m considering due to sub-$25,000 new club models).
So $21,000 goal, but other options on sale right now at under $25,000 are not a stretch.
definitely not a horsepower comparison.

A manual Fit is a fun car and with HFP, it adds on that. Don’t go hating on it too much.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member
I'm with you 2015honda. I shop more based on opportunity cost than vehicle category. Once I've decided I'm OK spending X amount, I see what that will buy me. I've owned small trucks, big trucks, SUV's, sedans, muscle cars, etc. With the exception of front wheel drive sport utes, I like every category.

One of my favorite cars in the price range we're discussing is the Civic Sport Hatchback 6-speed. To my eyes it's the best looking Honda made right now, gets great fuel mileage, and has the convenience of 4 doors and a hatchback. My only wish is that an LSD were optional or that it could be bought in Si trim.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:18 AM
5 Year Member
21k GK vs 24k SI coupe. if 24k is not a stretch for u, id go for the coupe no question and just drive it stock. sure a MT hatch is fun but comparing to wat u get in da Si for 24K, its a bargain.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member
but u also might get vtc actuator noises..

Old 09-19-2018, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
One of my favorite cars in the price range we're discussing is the Civic Sport Hatchback 6-speed. To my eyes it's the best looking Honda made right now, gets great fuel mileage, and has the convenience of 4 doors and a hatchback. My only wish is that an LSD were optional or that it could be bought in Si trim.
da problem with honda's line up (i guess for non suv's) is just dat. dey dont offer a complete car.. bits and pieces here and dere but none have the options one wants in ONE COMPLETE car.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
da problem with honda's line up (i guess for non suv's) is just dat. dey dont offer a complete car.. bits and pieces here and dere but none have the options one wants in ONE COMPLETE car.
You and I, as well as many other "honda" buyers have grown into the luxury sport market. It's just not a market that Honda offers much for these days. For a short time, you could get a v6 Accord Sedan in manual and at one time you could get an Acura TL-S in manual. I really liked the TL Type-S manual, but I don't think they sold well.

Honda mostly sticks with volume cars for volume buyers. Heck, even putting CVT's in them hasn't hurt sales. That says it all.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:08 AM
5 Year Member
yah ILX especially and TLX is a joke mang..

Old 09-21-2018, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by 2015honda
Tried to order a 2019 fit sport with HFP package and armrest upgrade. Dealership said they are unable to place an order this month for Fits due to factory flooding and they will try and see if next month is better.
I don’t know if I can wait 4 months for a Fit. (one month to order plus 3 months to get the car)
May have to go with a different car at this point.
OK. What’s the question ?

Old 09-21-2018, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by SR45

OK. What’s the question ?
It’s informational. But if you must put a question for a post, I suppose mine could be:

Does anyone have good news of Honda getting Fit production back up sooner than a November date?

Old 09-21-2018, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
nope. no change.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
And yet, there's an ad for the 2019 Fit on the sidebar of this site.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
A few 2019's were manufactured before the flooding shut down production. I'd guess they've probably all been delivered to dealers scattered around the country. You can't order one since Honda itself has no stock left but you might find some in stock at the odd dealer here and there. I'd bet that the 2018's might be easier to find though.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
Our dealer has a few '18's and '19's and they aren't that large of a dealer. I don't think the Fit fly's off showroom floors. Never has been a high volume car in the US.

Typical dealer probably has 50 Civics to every 5 or so Fit's.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
My local dealer has exactly 0 Fits in stock, new or used. They had one EX automatic in black (yech), but even that one is long gone. Fits are actually VERY popular around here, usually driven by little old ladies.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
My local dealer has exactly 0 Fits in stock, new or used. They had one EX automatic in black (yech), but even that one is long gone. Fits are actually VERY popular around here, usually driven by little old ladies.
ill tell my wife u said she was old.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
I'm a little old lady ... YAY!

Old 10-01-2018, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
ill tell my wife u said she was old.
I said “usually”. I’m not a little old lady either.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
When I had my Golf R, literally every GTI and almost every other VW driver flashed the dub sign to me. It was the same with my previous WRXs..so much so that now that I have a '18 Fit Sport, and I see another Fit coming, I'm actually expecting to get a wave. But 4 months in and haven't gotten one yet. Not even a look lol. But as I check out the other Fit driver, 99% of the time it's been a little old lady....nose on the steering wheel :}

Their Fit's probably aren't manual though, and usually don't have black wheels and red badges....

Old 10-02-2018, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by woof
A few 2019's were manufactured before the flooding shut down production. I'd guess they've probably all been delivered to dealers scattered around the country. You can't order one since Honda itself has no stock left but you might find some in stock at the odd dealer here and there. I'd bet that the 2018's might be easier to find though.
Closest new manual Fit is a silver EX and it is hours away.
Problem is, I want a manual sport with HFP package from factory (cheapest way to do it because you avoid the labor of install if you try to order the HFP parts after the fact and have it installed to replace existing wheels/suspension, etc as well as paint matching the rear spoiler). Also want the upgraded armrest when I order.
I found one dealer with a white manual fit with HFP parts, but they want over $24,000 (not including cost of shipping it to me) because they are factoring in labor of install. If I order a new one it is $21000 and would be the color I want.

Quick Reply: Denied