3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit Totaled

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 06:40 PM
The new Carolla hatch 6spd..

Old 12-06-2018, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Thanks. He's considering the HR-V, which is based on the Fit and has AWD.
The HR-V is way underpowered compared to the Fit. Fit is 130 hp and HR-V is 144 hp, but HR-V is 500 lb. more weight. If he's really interested in an HR-V, have him take a long test ride and make sure he can live with the lack of horsepower.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member
thoughts on a civic hatch/wagon?

I'm a fan .... more than likely, my next car should the Fit leave me

Old 12-06-2018, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bargainguy
The HR-V is way underpowered compared to the Fit. Fit is 130 hp and HR-V is 144 hp, but HR-V is 500 lb. more weight. If he's really interested in an HR-V, have him take a long test ride and make sure he can live with the lack of horsepower.
Thanks. There's not much interest in that right ow. For one thing, it doesn't have LaneWatch. One advantage of having two identical cars is the parts situation. Oil, filters, plugs, etc - all the same. I'd give the local dealer a deposit if I believed him, but what incentive dfoes a car dealer have to tell the truth. It must be wonderful being married to one.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan

i'm a fan of the coupe.. ~$24k for the si model...

Last edited by knope; 12-06-2018 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member

We had two Civics, going back to 1980, and we kept each one for fourteen years. The new Civic is larger, heavier, and more expensive - both to buy and to operate. And it doesn't have LaneWatch unless you get the one that's even more expensive.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
The HR-V was being built at the same factory as the Fit and was also affected by the Mexico flood, but the HR-V has the advantage of being built at two Mexican factories, the second in another location not affected by flooding, so they're able to continue to ship that car. If only they had left Fit production in Japan in 2017 instead of moving it back to Mexico!

Honda officially resumes operations at Celaya assembly plant:
Fit production resumes

Last edited by woof; 12-06-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by woof
The HR-V was being built at the same factory as the Fit and was also affected by the Mexico flood, but the HR-V has the advantage of being built at two Mexican factories, the second in another location not affected by flooding, so they're able to continue to ship that car. If only they had left Fit production in Japan at the end of 2017 instead of moving it back to Mexico!
Yes - some bad decisions. The salesman said that they are making more HR-Vs because of the coming winter. I don't buy that. They had loads of HR-Vs on the lot, but not one Fit. Not all of the country needs AWD in the winter. Maybe they are making more of them because they create more profit.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
The HR-V always was intended to be a more successful car, with a higher profit margin. Problem is it's a heavier car as has been mentioned and Honda saddled it with an under powered engine. Until Honda fixes that it will always be a disappointment to potential customers.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:04 PM
I sold my 2009 Fit Sport and LOVE this new car. I have a Silver one. Watch the whole video.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
Stopped by my local Honda dealership today to ask about if the Fit Hybrid was ever coming to North America.
The answer to that was not in 2019, maybe 2020.
They would be imported from Japan, not built in Mexico!

I asked how the Mexican Fit plant was doing, he said it was back at full production capacity, but that it would be February before Fits would again be in dealer's hands in any numbers.
The 2019 model year total production of Fits in North America will be less than half of the 2018 model year production.

So yes, new Fits are very scarce now.

Old 12-07-2018, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator
2014. Remember that year well. Tracked my LX order months prior to production.

My suggestion, go straight to the GM or SM of the dealership that originally sold you both GK's. Seeing your purchase history, they will entertain you. Get a production number of a Fit that fills your needs. Then and only then, put down a deposit.

For most of us Fit owners, once you've owned, driven and maintained, it's difficult to find a replacement within the same sub-compact category. Since my previous GD, the GK continues to serve my needs while being fun to shift the 6-speed tranny.

in the meantime, have your son consider a rental since supply is scarse.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-07-2018 at 05:29 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
Toyota Corolla iM

Old 12-07-2018, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
I found a few Fits floating around Connecticut in case you are interested.
2 are CVT, 1 is 6 speed.

Manchester Honda

Honda of Westport

Liberty Honda

Last edited by LeFreakyBone; 12-07-2018 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LeFreakyBone
I found a few Fits floating around Connecticut in case you are interested.
2 are CVT, 1 is 6 speed.

Manchester Honda

Honda of Westport

Liberty Honda
Thanks for that, but it's all a lie. My Kingston Lia Honda dealer showed Fits at a "sister" dealership (another Lia), and the sales manager said she could get one from MA right away. When I went in to buy it, I was told that there are no Fits anywhere. I checked with dealers that show Fits on their sites, but they don't have any.

I went in this morning, and the dealer said that if I gave him a $500 deposit on a Fit arriving on Dec 19, they would give me a loaner today. I went home and phoned in the CC number. Then he said he would let me know when a loaner was available. I called back an hour later, and he said they expect to have one returned in an hour. Then more surprises. If I wanted the loaner, I would have to finance through them (at whatever rate they chose) or, I could get my own loan and give them a bank check for $10,000 and then they would let me have the loaner. Unbelievable. I really don't think I should continue with this dealer.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
I went in this morning, and the dealer said that if I gave him a $500 deposit on a Fit arriving on Dec 19, they would give me a loaner today. I went home and phoned in the CC number. Then he said he would let me know when a loaner was available. I called back an hour later, and he said they expect to have one returned in an hour. Then more surprises. If I wanted the loaner, I would have to finance through them (at whatever rate they chose) or, I could get my own loan and give them a bank check for $10,000 and then they would let me have the loaner. Unbelievable.

I really don't think I should continue with this dealer. The people there lie all the time, and their stories keep changing. What do you think? Should I give up on this dealer? It's not like I have a lot of choices, and they do say they have one coming in on December 19 - but do they really?

Old 12-07-2018, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't deal with that type of dealer. Make them earn your business, not the other way around.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
all that work/time/money, to troubleshoot and pass inspection. and THIS happens

best of luck on the hunt for a new one, I hope a decent deal pops up for ya
Yes - two months and over $650, and the Check Engine light came on shortly after it passed state inspection. If we still had the car, it would need over $1,000 in fuel injector replacement (the dealer's next guess).

Old 12-07-2018, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Thanks for that, but it's all a lie…
No problem!
And that is extremely frustrating for someone in your position.
I'd be so pissed if a dealership says they have it in their inventory, then I go there only to find out they don't actually have it.
That's a quick way to lose my business.

Old 12-07-2018, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LeFreakyBone
No problem!
And that is extremely frustrating for someone in your position.
I'd be so pissed if a dealership says they have it in their inventory, then I go there only to find out they don't actually have it.
That's a quick way to lose my business.
We got a Civic loaner car from the dealer. Now they say they can have a new Fit for us in a week. We'll see.

Quick Reply: Fit Totaled