3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New Fit - Getting Closer

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Got it!!! "A week or less" turned into just over a month. The dealer was desperate to get that Civic loaner back because it is the only loaner car they have. Sure, it is. Lia Honda took over Kingston Honda, and they built a new facility large enough to house a small town. Still, they can have only one loaner?

Anyway, while my son was at work, I drove the loaner to the dealer and picked up his car. For some reason, the deposit wasn't listed on the sales form. When I was getting the check form the bank, the woman asked if I had given the dealer a deposit, since none was listed on the form. I told her to reduce the check by $500. Unfortunately, that was just "an oversight" by the dealer, and the total was actually correct. After a brief "discussion," with the dealer wanting another $500, I told him to remove those $113 wheel locks, and I'd pay the difference. As it turned out, there was only one lock per wheel - for $113! Now we have the standard lug nuts and a new Fit.

Someone asked about the differences between the 2015 and the 2019. After driving it about three miles, I can say it's a bit quieter, and I like the electronics. It has all that accident avoidance technology, and you can plug a phone into a certain USB port, and it will download everything from the phone so you can do more than you could do with previous Fits. It also came with three months of XM, which my son won't use at all, but I would appreciate. My Fit has a separate XM radio with a lifetime subscription (since 2009), and I'm not about to start paying them monthly. The dash display for "Info" is different, too, and I'll have to get used to that. One surprise is the very small Owner's Manual. It's about 1/3 the thickness of the 2015 manual. I haven't read it yet, but I hope it has enough information. I'll also try to download it so I'll have it on my computer.

The Civic loaner averaged 35.55 MPG for the 1,529 miles we drove it. Impressive.
Congratulations on finally getting that Fit! May it serve your son well.

I do not believe I have ever had an experience with a stealership where I was overly enthused and excited. It always feels like haggling at a flea market where I finally get a deal, but walk to my car and find a parking ticket and a door ding.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Congratulations on finally getting that Fit! May it serve your son well.

I do not believe I have ever had an experience with a stealership where I was overly enthused and excited. It always feels like haggling at a flea market where I finally get a deal, but walk to my car and find a parking ticket and a door ding.
My only previous bad experience was buying my 2015 Fit from Honda of Keene, NH. After agreeing on a price for a trade-in over the phone, he knocked $1,000 off when I arrived. I had been trying for months to locate a Fit, and I bit the bullet and caved to his extortion. I've bought over a dozen cars, and I can't recall another bad experience. As a matter of fact, Irwin Motors in Laconia, NH, was exceptionally nice to deal with. We bought two or more cars from them, but that was in the late 1990s. One brother had the car dealership, and the other brother sold boats. Buying from each was a pleasure.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
like haggling at a flea market where I finally get a deal, but walk to my car and find a parking ticket and a door ding.
this totally happened to me one time in LA, at the fashion district. its like you can see the future!

Old 01-09-2019, 05:42 PM
My only previous bad experience was buying my 2015 Fit from Honda of Keene, NH. After agreeing on a price for a trade-in over the phone, he knocked $1,000 off when I arrived. I had been trying for months to locate a Fit, and I bit the bullet and caved to his extortion. I've bought over a dozen cars, and I can't recall another bad experience. As a matter of fact, Irwin Motors in Laconia, NH, was exceptionally nice to deal with. We bought two or more cars from them, but that was in the late 1990s. One brother had the car dealership, and the other brother sold boats. Buying from each was a pleasure.
I am glad to hear that there are decent dealers out there. They are definitely few and far between here in La La Land, from what I have experienced so far.

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
this totally happened to me one time in LA, at the fashion district. its like you can see the future!
Fashion District? They are Johnny Quick with that meter-ticket crap in that area. I hope you scored some good deals.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:42 AM
5 Year Member
Heck, I’m glad that new Fits are finally starting to show up. My local dealer hasn’t had one on the lot since last spring. I drive by every few days in my way to lunch and look.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Heck, I’m glad that new Fits are finally starting to show up. My local dealer hasn’t had one on the lot since last spring. I drive by every few days in my way to lunch and look.
Check their web site. I bet you'll find several there.

Old 01-12-2019, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
I'd be interested to hear about customizing the door lock sequence. I understand that became available on the 2018. Not being able to open all 4 doors by pulling the driver's door handle is my biggest annoyance (which tells you how good the car is otherwise.)

Old 01-12-2019, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
I'd be interested to hear about customizing the door lock sequence. I understand that became available on the 2018. Not being able to open all 4 doors by pulling the driver's door handle is my biggest annoyance (which tells you how good the car is otherwise.)
I thought that was possible with the 2015, but I never bothered to make the change. Instead, I was always annoyed when I couldn't open the rear door.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
I thought that was possible with the 2015, but I never bothered to make the change. Instead, I was always annoyed when I couldn't open the rear door.
I thought so too at first, but it appears not to be the case. There was a thread on it way back.

Old 01-13-2019, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
I thought so too at first, but it appears not to be the case. There was a thread on it way back.
It looks like pages 103 - 105 in the 2015 manual cover making the changes.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:59 AM
5 Year Member
Pictures or no one believes you got it

Old 01-13-2019, 07:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Pictures or no one believes you got it
It's a black Fit. How exciting can it look? I'll get some pics one of these days. We kept the floor mats, shark antenna, seat covers, and storage area cover from the old one. That added up to almost $600 saved.

Old 01-14-2019, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
It looks like pages 103 - 105 in the 2015 manual cover making the changes.
I revisited these pages, and they're to modify the auto lock and auto unlock while in motion and when shifting into park, not opening the doors. But, thanks!

Last edited by exl500; 01-14-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
I am glad to hear that there are decent dealers out there. They are definitely few and far between here in La La Land, from what I have experienced so far.
Unfortunately, seem like the stealerships in LA area just enjoy wasting a lot of people's times. Over the last 3 new Hondas I have bought, they ended up in: 1) Weir Canyon Honda 2) Keyes Woodland Hills Honda 3) Spleen Honda. 2x I was walking out before the salesmen ran after me agreeing with the prices which they quoted to me over the phone, and the other time, they told me they have the car while they didn't but at least they sourced the car from Santa Barbara Honda, which I was able to pick up 2 days later.

Old 01-17-2019, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by fibrepunk
Unfortunately, seem like the stealerships in LA area just enjoy wasting a lot of people's times. Over the last 3 new Hondas I have bought, they ended up in: 1) Weir Canyon Honda 2) Keyes Woodland Hills Honda 3) Spleen Honda. 2x I was walking out before the salesmen ran after me agreeing with the prices which they quoted to me over the phone, and the other time, they told me they have the car while they didn't but at least they sourced the car from Santa Barbara Honda, which I was able to pick up 2 days later.
That sounds familiar - while at a dealership giving me the run-around with prices (like you, previously agreed on), I called up another one and they said come down, we have that exact Odyssey you want, here and now. The first dealer immediately caved (even though I had to wait a few days for the minivan to arrive). And the paperwork - gobs and gobs of paperwork; why is that process not streamlined / more efficient?