3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Help with 15' diagnosis ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 11:53 PM
Help with 15' diagnosis ?

I really Want to Love my fit. It's a Good looking car & gets Great gas mileage. However in the 6

weeks I've had it, its given several technical scares.

-About a week ago the low tire pressure and traction warning lights came on followed by the steering wheel & (!) Light. This lasted for three starts then just before I got to the dealership all lights went off and they said there were no codes to read.
-Today on my way home from work I filled up with gas. When leaving the pump it started fine then had power loss as I got on the road. It was acting Really irregular so I pulled off, Let it sit for 5 minutes- then tried it. The starter was working well and dash looked normal (no warning lights). It still wouldnt fire off it would get right there but just couldn't do it. I took the battery off & went to get a new one but they said it was in perfect working order. When I reinstalled the battery it fired right off and got me home but the radio/monitor never came on. After I arrived home, I messed with it. The monitor did come on but said it had lost power. (More than likely from the battery disconnect) but might have been related.

it's a 2015 and has 22,000 miles I can tell from the notes in the manual & low miles that it was an older fellows car that didnt drive it much. (The 3k mile's I've put on it in the last month and a half is likely the hardest it's ever run.)
Thanks, Any help is Greatly Appreciated! -Dane