3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Maintenance Schedule

Old 08-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Do you mean the "PDI and Final Delivery Checklist"?
Yes, it is called the "Pre-Delivery Inspection on the first couple of pages. Then it has 31 pages following for recording PM.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:38 AM
<quote>Are you talking about what came with your 2013 second generation Fit? Perhaps yours is the last year they included the booklet. My 2015 came with a pre-sale checklist, but it was not associated with any booklet.</quote>

Yes, Vangard, it is a '13 Fit 2nd Gen. and , yep, it is a booklet with the PDI and with pages for the dealer (or whoever) to fill out and stamp at maintenance intervals.

It is hard to imagine that Honda did not supply these with all new cars. Perhaps, as some have suggested, the dealer 'lost' them, to encourage letting them take care of both maintenance and record keeping.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
Since people from many locations and different dealers have reported not getting one, I am more inclined to think Honda has done away with them and considers them obsolete. Service records are what is important, not dealer stamps.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:45 AM
5 Year Member
Are you still interesting?

Old thread but mine came with the maintenance manual. In fact all non U. S. Cars comes with it. If you are still interested I can take a photo and put it over here.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KikeDiaz
Old thread but mine came with the maintenance manual. In fact all non U. S. Cars comes with it. If you are still interested I can take a photo and put it over here.
Yes, please.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:19 PM
You can use any notebook to record service data.

When I buy a new car I put a pocket-size notebook in the glove box. In it I note all maintenance events including fuel fills, oil changes, tire rotation/replacement, etc. along with the date, costs involved, and measurements taken. It's very handy if I think "did I ever change that serpentine belt?"

Doing this allows me to predict when I need to do things. If I check the brake pads at 30K miles and find half their thickness gone I know that I need to replace them at 50-55K. Keeping track of tire wear allows me to time the rotations so they wear out at the same time. Having the fuel fill data allows me to calculate long-term mileage and to watch for changes that might indicate trouble before it becomes serious. It also provides a "proof of maintenance" needed if a warranty claim is disputed.

Last edited by GeorgeL; 03-30-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:06 AM
5 Year Member
Post Honda fit Mainteince Manual

I took the liberty to do a spred sheet. This came with my honda fit. I guess none of US model have the computer that tell you when to change it so it is, in my way, better because you di it before it needs it than after or jit.

Any transtation mistake or doubs I'll be willing to respond. There are three pages so check them up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=379232946

Old 03-31-2015, 02:34 PM
I just go by the maintenance minder the car has - that's what it's for.

I put so few miles on my car that I get an oil change once a year - as is stated in the manual if the minder doesn't tell you to do it. That's what I did with my 2010 FIT, and had zero issues with it. All maintenance was done at the dealership I purchased at so they have a record of the services done. I plan on keeping this strategy with my 2015 FIT.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:25 PM
2015 Fit LX. Can somebody clarify for me. What exactly is the maintenance minder? I've seen the oil % indicator. Mine shows 90% at about 1800 miles so far. Maintenance minder?

Old 03-31-2015, 11:38 PM
I took the liberty to do a spred sheet. This came with my honda fit. I guess none of US model have the computer that tell you when to change it so it is, in my way, better because you di it before it needs it than after or jit.

Any transtation mistake or doubs I'll be willing to respond. There are three pages so check them up.

There may be an error on the spreadsheet. Brake fluid is down to be replaced at 18k and 25k miles.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by bklynrickel
2015 Fit LX. Can somebody clarify for me. What exactly is the maintenance minder? I've seen the oil % indicator. Mine shows 90% at about 1800 miles so far. Maintenance minder?
Yes, that's it. When it gets close to time for the oil change, it will show some codes as to what all needs to be done.

Old 04-05-2015, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JustCallMeCole78
There may be an error on the spreadsheet. Brake fluid is down to be replaced at 18k and 25k miles.
It is every 25k miles. My mistake. I'm am going to corrected as soon as I get into my laptop.

Old 04-05-2015, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
You can use any notebook to record service data.
I've been using Automotive Wolf for years.

Car Maintenance Schedule Software : Vehicle Maintenance Log

Old 05-01-2015, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
I put a pocket-size notebook in the glove box. In it I note all maintenance events including fuel fills, oil changes, tire rotation/replacement, etc. along with the date, costs involved, and measurements taken.
I'm very Old School about this and I agree whole heartedly. Like GeorgeL, I keep a 3x5 spiral notebook in the glove box. I do my own work and I don't like surprises. I use the notebook to plan my maintenance and finances (days or weeks ahead) rather than be inconvenienced when the computer suddenly me that a fluid change is due.

No maintenance schedule in my Owner's Manual - just the computerized Maintenance Minder. Since the computer doesn't accurately calculate mpg I don't have full faith that it's smart enough to tell me what needs attention. I still cringe at the suggested oil changes around 10,000 miles, but I'm not going to get drawn into that argument. Too many opinions out there.

Last edited by OpenRoad; 05-01-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OpenRoad
I'm very Old School about this and I agree whole heartedly. Like GeorgeL, I keep a 3x5 spiral notebook in the glove box. I do my own work and I don't like surprises. I use the notebook to plan my maintenance and finances (days or weeks ahead) rather than be inconvenienced when the computer suddenly me that a fluid change is due.

No maintenance schedule in my Owner's Manual - just the computerized Maintenance Minder. Since the computer doesn't accurately calculate mpg I don't have full faith that it's smart enough to tell me what needs attention. I still cringe at the suggested oil changes around 10,000 miles, but I'm not going to get drawn into that argument. Too many opinions out there.
I've been using Automotive Wolf to keep track of all sorts of maintenance for years.

Car Maintenance Schedule Software : Vehicle Maintenance Log

I've always used synthetic oil, and I'm going to change the oil in the Fit when it gets to 25%, or one year, which ever comes first.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:12 PM

I typically sit on the sidelines and view forums for various information. I am a new Fit owner and did not receive a maintenance booklet either. I thought this was weird and am going to bring to the dealer's attention but I created an account here to say I appreciate your spreadsheet. Your work did not go unnoticed!

Old 05-21-2018, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
Posting this up, for later viewing:

http://m.owners.honda.com/minder/2015/fit/ex_cvt
https://owners.honda.com/vehicles/in...15/fit/manuals

Maintenance Main Items (KA/KC models)
SM

Maintenance Sub Items (KA/KC models)
SM

Old 05-21-2018, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
It is every 25k miles. My mistake. I'm am going to corrected as soon as I get into my laptop.
91 octane? Our two say 87.