CVT Fluid Change - Page 2 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

CVT Fluid Change

Old 08-07-2018, 07:42 PM
It doesn't take me an hour and I don't have a lift. Plus while it's draining the tech can do something else like rotate tires or work on a different car.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Brain Champagne View Post
It doesn't take me an hour and I don't have a lift. Plus while it's draining the tech can do something else like rotate tires or work on a different car.
That's not how most repair shops work. Their computer software has a set number of hours for each kind of job. For example, an oil change will be 1.0. The tech gets paid for 1.0 units of work, and you get charged for 1.0 units of labor (you'll get charged more than the tech gets paid because profit).

If the tech gets the job done in less time than that, great. Usually though it takes them longer. They're not paid (and you don't pay for) how long it actually takes, they get paid (and you pay for) what the system says it should take.

This prevents techs from dragging jobs out intentionally to get paid more, and it prevents techs from rushing and possibly doing a shitty job just to get you out the door.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:53 PM
I know how book time works. But in any case this is maybe a fifteen minute job.

Old 08-08-2018, 02:46 PM
If this takes 3.6 quarts, is the "partial change part" the other .4 qts., or is there more in there somewhere that
doesn't drain out? Is THAT the part Honda approves of? The guy made it sound they were just going to swap
a little out. All of my driving is considered "severe condition" temperature-wise.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:18 PM
No, the capacity is much more but only some comes out when you drain it. And that's okay- some people will drain and refill, drive to mix, then drain and refill, and repeat...

Which is overkill.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:22 PM
Ok

Originally Posted by Brain Champagne View Post
No, the capacity is much more but only some comes out when you drain it. And that's okay- some people will drain and refill, drive to mix, then drain and refill, and repeat...

Which is overkill.
Thanks. I might try this myself. I am looking for youtube videos that
apply to a 2015.

Search this Thread