Signal Processor Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Signal Processor Reviews

Just checking to see if anyone had any suggestions for a signal processor, ive seen a few our there that people are using ranging from high end to midrange Audision and LCQ and stuff. Any of you with reviews on your products feel free to post here and rate it with ease of use/tuning/installation/price and all that good stuff.

Right now ive been look at the JL Audio CL441dsp because it looks very simple as far as tuning goes, just pop in the frequency CD's and hit calibrate. but it also has an external volume control that from what i understand HAS to be plugged in even if you dont plan on using it. Just looking to suggestions on what other people have used!

Old 12-18-2014, 05:31 PM
I'm planning on getting an Audio Control EQS after the holidays. I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by chubbs899
Just checking to see if anyone had any suggestions for a signal processor,.................ive been look at the JL Audio CL441dsp because it looks very simple.....................
Everyone by now knows I'm using an Audison Bit Ten D. Got nothing but appreciation for its ability to produce the flat signals I'm partial too. That plus the time-delay feature creates that "audiophile" sound.

That said, previously installed a JL Cleansweep in my son's '04 M3. The resulting sound quality is what made me look into using an SP for the current GK Fit. For less than $230, I think its totally worth it weight in gold.

We had a much easier time getting the JL to equalize the with the BMW's OEM HU as compared to the Audison.

You may also want to check out JBL's MS-8. $399 with glowing reviews. This was my second choice if I didn't find a respectable price for the Audison.

Happy shopping and am sure you'll land the right one. Gotta post your project!!!

Originally Posted by GetFit15
I'm planning on getting an Audio Control EQS after the holidays. I'll let you know how it goes.
AC EQS is another with only good reviews. Never heard one in action and am looking forward to your posting the upcoming project.

Good luck and you guys feel free to pick my brain during your installs.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-19-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:36 AM
I've have previously had Audio Control LC7 in my 08 Honda Accord EX-L Navi. Guys on the driveaccord.net forum were pulling out the JL product because you loose the steering wheel volume controls. I plan on going Audio Control again. The LC7i or The EPICENTER Plus most likely... The EQ is just overkill for me. It takes too long to tune each band and I listen to too many genre. I would sound great on say hip-hop but not on trance/electronic.

Last edited by Desmond Lamar MacRae; 12-19-2014 at 01:45 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
....... Guys on the driveaccord.net forum were pulling out the JL product because you loose the steering wheel volume controls.....
When i was looking at all their video toutorials and stuff it said that you could still use factory volume controls? guess i need to read into a little more if i go that route, from what i understand thats only if you use the "line" connections, vs running the speaker wire into it, thoughts?

....... The LC7i or The EPICENTER Plus most likely... The EQ is just overkill for me......
Which product is this in reference to, JL or Audio Control?

Last edited by chubbs899; 12-19-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by chubbs899
When i was looking at all their video toutorials and stuff it said that you could still use factory volume controls? guess i need to read into a little more if i go that route, from what i understand thats only if you use the "line" connections, vs running the speaker wire into it, thoughts?

Which product is this in reference to, JL or Audio Control?
The LC7 and EPIC are audio control. I may hay changed my mind again. Kicker has one that give you a dolby 5.1 experience. I loved the 5.1 ELS system in my TL alot. Having a simulated 5.1 experience will sound great when im listening to jazz etc, RnB.

Here is the kicker unit:
FrontRow | KICKER

Old 12-19-2014, 06:11 PM
The LC7 and EPIC are audio control. I may hay changed my mind again. Kicker has one that give you a dolby 5.1 experience. I loved the 5.1 ELS system in my TL alot. Having a simulated 5.1 experience will sound great when im listening to jazz etc, RnB.

Here is the kicker unit:
FrontRow | KICKER
The audio control LOC with EQ, you need a special tool to get the most out of it which a dealer may or may not have. Audio Control did inform me that there are Apple/Android apps that do similar. I'm in a wheelchair so it would be almost impossible for me to do it myself so its overkill for me. I previously had LC7 so the updated LC7i i can manage adjusting.