3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

2017 EX 6MT - Crystal Black Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Did you figure a cost for the parts? It shouldn't be too hard getting inside the seats and also getting inside the center console.

What are "winkers"?

Winkers are the small LED lights on the skull of the side mirrors. Its only available on the EX-L trim as well.

If one were to use all OEM parts from an EX-L to adapt the heated seats to an EX, you would be looking at roughly $445 plus S&H.

If you went with the universal heating pads, stock switches, add a fuse kits, misc wiring, then your cost is around ~$150 or so

Amazon.com: Premium Heated Seat Kits for Two Seats - Universal, OEM Equipment - High and Low Settings - Five Year Warranty Rectangular Switch: Automotive Amazon.com: Premium Heated Seat Kits for Two Seats - Universal, OEM Equipment - High and Low Settings - Five Year Warranty Rectangular Switch: Automotive

Amazon.com : FAST Shipping* ADD CIRCUIT BLADE STYLE ATM APS ATT LOW PROFILE MINI FUSE HOLDER FUSE TAP + FUSE SET 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20 AMPS : Car Electronics Amazon.com : FAST Shipping* ADD CIRCUIT BLADE STYLE ATM APS ATT LOW PROFILE MINI FUSE HOLDER FUSE TAP + FUSE SET 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20 AMPS : Car Electronics

Old 03-27-2015, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Winkers are the small LED lights on the skull of the side mirrors. Its only available on the EX-L trim as well.

If one were to use all OEM parts from an EX-L to adapt the heated seats to an EX, you would be looking at roughly $445 plus S&H.

If you went with the universal heating pads, stock switches, add a fuse kits, misc wiring, then your cost is around ~$150 or so

Amazon.com: Premium Heated Seat Kits for Two Seats - Universal, OEM Equipment - High and Low Settings - Five Year Warranty Rectangular Switch: Automotive

Amazon.com : FAST Shipping* ADD CIRCUIT BLADE STYLE ATM APS ATT LOW PROFILE MINI FUSE HOLDER FUSE TAP + FUSE SET 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20 AMPS : Car Electronics
Let us know how this works out.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
Let us know how this works out.

I will, not a high priority for me, but now that its on my thread I can always reference back to it easily.

Priority right now is to get my Monroe MAXX Air MA793 rear air struts installed so my rear axle isn't riding too low from the trailer tongue weight or hauling a heavy cargo load of music gear. I also have a slew of other small mods like LED headlights and DRL re-wiring that will be done very soon.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
I will, not a high priority for me, but now that its on my thread I can always reference back to it easily.

Priority right now is to get my Monroe MAXX Air MA793 rear air struts installed
I don't see them being available for the Fit.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
I don't see them being available for the Fit.

They are not an exact Fit for the vehicle, but damn close. had to get some more specific help and advice on such a mod and posted it in the suspension and brake forum.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...orber-mod.html

I'm toying with the idea of adding a wireless air management system for the rear axle. Street its about $390

Amazon.com: AIR LIFT 72000 Wireless Air Leveling Compressor: Automotive Amazon.com: AIR LIFT 72000 Wireless Air Leveling Compressor: Automotive

WirelessAIR | Air Lift Company - Tow and Haul with Safety and Comfort

Old 03-30-2015, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
LED Headlight and LED Foglight Mod Part #2

So looks like I got some good weather finally to add some of my backlogged mods like the LED 6400 lumen headlight mod. I will get night pictures of them I promise.

For the DRL function, pulling Fuse #25 to disable them seems to be the only logical option for now. The DRL unit itself is incompatible, or the LED converter box of the LED kit is incompatible, depending on how you look at it.

Seems my northern neighbors in Chilliwack BC Canada are offering a solution to the LED flicker...though I don't know if the final LED brightness will be the same at full power or less.

HID BALLASTS | RESISTORS | RELAY WIRING HARNESS - HID VISION CANADA

I'm going to try a DC to DC converter. A step up converter from 6VDC RMS from the DRL module to 15VDC. Just on the high beam circuit though

Amazon.com: DROK® LM2596 Adjustable DC Voltage Regulator Digital Converters Module with Screw, 4.0-40V to 1.25-37V DC DC Converter 36V to 24V to 12V to 5V Volt Switching Stabilizers Car/Automotive Battery Step Down Buck Variable Volt Power Supply & R Amazon.com: DROK® LM2596 Adjustable DC Voltage Regulator Digital Converters Module with Screw, 4.0-40V to 1.25-37V DC DC Converter 36V to 24V to 12V to 5V Volt Switching Stabilizers Car/Automotive Battery Step Down Buck Variable Volt Power Supply & R

They are pretty low cost, and me being a DIY kinda guy I'm willing to give it a shot.

In the meantime, could anyone tell me where the DRL relay is located on the 2015 GK? If this DC/DC converter idea doesn't work I'm thinking of modding out the DRL module itself, or using the DRL relay as a point of injecting a constant lower voltage signal that is not PWM.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 04-02-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Sirius LED Headlight/Foglight Night Pictures!

Finally a day where it was warm enough to work on the Fit!

LOW BEAM WITH FOG: 20 feet away.

HIGH BEAM: 20 FT away.

LOW BEAM WITH FOG: ~80-100ft away on a nearby dead end street with no streetlights. Taken over the dash without a flash.

HIGH BEAM 02

As you can tell, tonight was extremely foggy in CT, but you get to see how the lights are projecting. There is most certainly a difference in brightness. I'll reserve my judgement once I drive on a clear night and see how well they "throw" in front of me. Noone on the highway was flashing their lights at me either.

LOW BEAM WITH FOG

HIGH BEAM

Old 04-04-2015, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Harbor Freight tongue toolbox for the trailer. $89 bucks, kep all the work gloves, bungees and ratchet tie downs in there. You also see a blue load bar. Another great tool for loading cargo.

Also got some LED reverse lights to illuminate the back end. A bit pricey at $34 bucks a pop (two of them) but they might as well be spotlights That will take me some time to install as the wires are properly sealed in the black channel in the floor of the trailer. Thats a good quality built trailer when the wires are sealed in a square tube channel!!

Old 04-04-2015, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Harbor Freight tongue toolbox for the trailer. $89 bucks, kep all the work gloves, bungees and ratchet tie downs in there. You also see a blue load bar. Another great tool for loading cargo.
Looks good. Keep adding to it, and you'll need a pickup to pull it.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good. Keep adding to it, and you'll need a pickup to pull it.

HAHA! Don't underestimate the tow ability of the FIT! It actually handles it well. I'm working on the rear shock mod now on my other thread in detail to have it haul light duty loads even better than stock!

Old 04-04-2015, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
HAHA! Don't underestimate the tow ability of the FIT! It actually handles it well. I'm working on the rear shock mod now on my other thread in detail to have it haul light duty loads even better than stock!
I'm looking forward to that, although my "hauling" will be a sheet of plywood 15 miles.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:57 PM
Hi, Bassguitarist1985
Congratulations on your mods !!! To me you are # (1)
(Moonroof visor) !!!
I noticed in the forum there is no or can people, that have this accessory. Why!
I really like the look of your Honda FIT.
I had to order one.
Yvan thank you

Old 04-04-2015, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MysTiC27
Hi, Bassguitarist1985
Congratulations on your mods !!! To me you are # (1)
(Moonroof visor) !!!
I noticed in the forum there is no or can people, that have this accessory. Why!
I really like the look of your Honda FIT.
I had to order one.
Yvan thank you
Thank you for the compliments! Ive had my moon visor off for the winter. Need to put it back on. Some say its too large. I think it works great!

Old 04-11-2015, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Got a load of lumber for an upcoming project. Between wood and cement bricks no problem at all. About 700 pounds worth plus trailer weight. I had to get some 14ft long pieces. I used my ramp on chains to support it. Not what I would normally do, but for this move it worked very well.

I also was able to install my air shocks. Please see my other thread for details. I used the MA811s with the stock bump stop and extended the upper stem to compensate for the bump stop and lower tower mount. Worked like a charm! Had 40psi to level out the trailer.

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 04-11-2015 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:09 AM
5 Year Member
Got a load of lumber for an upcoming project. Between wood and cement bricks no problem at all. About 700 pounds worth plus trailer weight. I had to get some 14ft long pieces. I used my ramp on chains to support it. Not what I would normally do, but for this move it worked very well.

I also was able to install my air shocks. Please see my other thread for details. I used the MA811s with the stock bump stop and extended the upper stem to compensate for the bump stop and lower tower mount. Worked like a charm! Had 40psi to level out the trailer.
Manxman has a post from 2008 about installing these air shocks. Was your installation in the 2015 much different?

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post301033

Old 04-12-2015, 09:13 AM
5 Year Member
Manxman has a post from 2008 about installing these air shocks. Was your installation in the 2015 much different?

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post301033
I used his installation as a guide. However i did have to mod the upper stem of the air shock to match the length of the oem shock. I also reused the bump stop from the oem shocks too. Details are in my other thread. Good thing is no permanent mods were done. As in no drilling. I can go back to stock at any time

Old 04-12-2015, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
I used his installation as a guide. However i did have to mod the upper stem of the air shock to match the length of the oem shock. I also reused the bump stop from the oem shocks too. Details are in my other thread. Good thing is no permanent mods were done. As in no drilling. I can go back to stock at any time
Can you give me a link to that thread? I keep going back to Manxman.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Can you give me a link to that thread? I keep going back to Manxman.
Here ya go. Hope it helps you out.

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 04-20-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind for a future project.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Converted All Lights to LEDs!

In addition to the Sirius LED headlights and fog lights, the rest of the lights are now LED. There not a single incandescent bulb left in the car, if you don't count the dashboard illumination. I'm assuming they are incandescent. Manual says they are Type 74 bulbs. I didn't see the need of changing those over, plus the disassembly work of the dash would have been way too much trouble. Dash illuminates just fine to me.

Sirius LED H4 headlights: Sirius LED - 6400 Lumen Cree LED Light

Sirius LED H8 Fog Lights: Sirius LED - 80W LED Fog Light

Front Turn LED Switchback (Type A): https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ype/1917/4477/

Rear Turn LED (red): https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...led/1647/4173/

Reverse LED (cool white): https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...led/1647/3770/

***These are STUPID bright! Don't let cost scare you away, just buy them you won't be disappointed.

Load Resistors (you need 4 in total): https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...r-kit/190/831/

My Sure Trac Trailer comes stock with LEDS. The only lights it did not come with are reverse lights, which I added on yesterday. When I installed my trailer light converter box I took the liberty of adding the extra necessary SPST relay to facilitate the use of the 7th pole of the round connector for reverse lights.

M63320:*Oval Surface Mount Back-Up

Now taking pictures of these at night would be subjective, and due to the limitations of digital camera tech, it may not give a true representation of how bright or color temp. Take my word for it, all of these LED's are crazy bright! Installation is very easy. A bit pricey for each bulb, however the look and brightness upgrade to me was well worth the cost.

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 04-28-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Quick Reply: 2017 EX 6MT - Crystal Black Pearl