3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

s2kookies GK5

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 06:44 PM
Yeah probably GE. Its been a while since I looked into it so I cant recall. In general its hard for me to buy into a product that a company doesnt directly support the application of. Ive seen several cases in which people seem quite happy with their koni oranges on a GK5. I personally have yellows on another car I own and love them, I just have trouble spending the money on something If i know the company wont support. Would love to see koni produce a yellow or orange designed specifically for the GK5 but being that we are 5 years into this chassis Im not sure thats going to happen if it hasnt already?

Thank you for your input @evilchargerfan

Old 12-26-2018, 06:47 PM
Would consider for sure, OEM dampening is real good so If it was similar to that Id be very interested.
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
1 more wrench to throw at ya .... how about coilovers? I am currently riding on Tein Street Advance Z. They are twin tube, so believe it or not, they actually ride more comfy than oem, and more comfy than koni/springs. And IMO, handle better as well (YMMV on this one).

PN = GSB80-91AS2

Google Shopping = $529
Ebay = $577.36 (if 15% coupon pops up, $490.76)

Old 12-26-2018, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
I 2nd the Tein's riding super comfy. My experience is with a GE but it rode near stock IMO. If you want to go super low and they make the Teins with the adjustable sleeve for the GK I would recommend spending the extra.

Great looking Fit and S2000 by the way.

Old 01-02-2019, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by GolNat
I 2nd the Tein's riding super comfy. My experience is with a GE but it rode near stock IMO. If you want to go super low and they make the Teins with the adjustable sleeve for the GK I would recommend spending the extra.

Great looking Fit and S2000 by the way.
Good to know, definitely looking for somebody local who has teins so I can experience the ride quality. Please anyone hit me up if your around the LA/ San Bernardino area and got teins.
On a side note, RIP @USDM ? Sold for an s2000, or is it another troll? He hooked me up with some yellow headlight film a while back but I wasnt able to get enough out of it to fit both lenses so I ordered some precut film from Lamin-x. Will see how it turns out.

Last edited by s2kookies; 01-02-2019 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
if you ever come around Menifee , you're more than welcome to ride in my car

CONFIRMED, Kevin did sell olga, and is getting an s2k

Old 02-17-2019, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by s2kookies
Good to know, definitely looking for somebody local who has teins so I can experience the ride quality. Please anyone hit me up if your around the LA/ San Bernardino area and got teins.
On a side note, RIP @USDM ? Sold for an s2000, or is it another troll? He hooked me up with some yellow headlight film a while back but I wasnt able to get enough out of it to fit both lenses so I ordered some precut film from Lamin-x. Will see how it turns out.
Dude, I just saw this! Sorry there wasn't enough film for both lenses.

You already know this because of the Facebook group, but I have a GE8 now!

Old 04-25-2019, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by s2kookies
Not a whole lot has been going on with the car. Heres a few photos from 2018.

Myself and @USDM in this first one.

Wish I had more things of interest to show off but this is sort it for 2018. Im right around 25k miles and a lot of those have been spent now on eibach springs with OEM absorbers. My initial impression was that this setup was tolerable enough, but far from ideal. The same is true today, this setup is under dampened. Its fairly unremarkable on smooth roads, however, on less fortunate roads the ride can be extremely jarring. I am interested in improving or replacing my setup if I can find a solution that doesnt break the bank and provides a decent ride quality while maintaining its current ride height.

I havent really made the time to research it myself, but if you have please drop me a comment or DM with specifics on what youve found.

Bro your gk looks so dope! it's the same color as mine. I've been looking for the best wheel and tire combo for awhile now.. The enkei rpf1s are perfect for this car. Thanks for posting up the pics. I'm getting the black ones

P.s I've had my gk for almost 5 years now.

Old 05-08-2019, 04:12 PM
Quick question! for your RPF1 (16x7 +43) do you require spacers?
I am planning to do a similar set up to yours but at the moment I only have the wheels. Was wondering if I would need spacers for my stock suspension (atm).
Planning to get coils in the near future too.

Old 06-06-2019, 06:15 PM
No spacers are required to clear the calipers or drums with these wheels.

Last edited by s2kookies; 06-06-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 10:26 PM
WELL.. I got bored during the lockdown and decided to pull the trigger on an AEM intake. I did what research I could on intakes and AEM appears to be the only one offering anything for the platform? correct me if i'm wrong. I was originally looking at exhausts but wasn't a big fan of how they look with the pre-facelift bumpers. I'm mostly bothered by the lack of a cutout, not a big fan of the dangle look, yet i still came close to snagging an HKS. I wish Bisimoto still made the pulse chamber .

Luckily, AEM is local, so shipping was rapid. Box was packaged nicely and came with instructions and swag.

The install was really easy and only took about 30 minutes. The instructions are fairly detailed but also have strange absences. It doesn't mention the removal of several bolts that hold down the OEM airbox so you will be shaking and yanking on your airbox for a solid minute wondering why it doesn't move before you locate these unmentioned bolts. It also doesn't steps for removing the OEM resonating chamber or tubing which is now unused and free to flop about. Other than that, the pictures and descriptions are pretty great and it made the entire process very easy.

Below is an AEM provided dyno sheets of potential gains.

Impressions: Really mild sound difference during regular driving (low to moderate throttle input). Moderate sound difference during spirited/wide open throttle. To give potential buyers an idea of the sound I took some dB readings. All readings taken with windows up. Idle performed outside of a garage. Street driving done lapping neighborhoods 2-3k rpm obeying speed limits. Wide open throttle pulls done merging onto freeway ramps.

Stock
Stock Fit idle: 41 dB
Stock Fit street driving: 58-65 dB
Stock Fit wide open throttle: 68-72 dB

AEM intake
AEM intake Fit idle: 41 dB
AEM intake Fit street driving: 60-66 dB
AEM intake wide open throttle: 72-78 dB
Now having a number is great, but if you aren't familiar with what 70 dB sounds like, the info is useless. So heres a graph of common sound levels.

Overall the sound is very livable, and quiet nice. Has the typical aftermarket intake sound but is significantly more subdued when compared to other cars. I was debating on making a video, however I don't have a great way to record it.

Last edited by s2kookies; 05-03-2020 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:58 AM
Late to the thread, but love the attention to detail and pictures in your posts.

Old 01-23-2021, 06:27 PM
Very late in this thread...

Hi, I really love your car, this wheels setup is so inspirational I've bought the same rims...

About dampers, I'm using Tein Endura Pro Plus shocks with RS-R super down springs and now, ride is pretty nice.