3rd Generation GK Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Tanabe sustec strut tower bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx

DannyJ7 stated it improves steering response and feel as well as less body roll. I'm going to go with experience on this one.
What!? No crazy intake? What happened?

Get your wife to drive it and report back!

Old 02-20-2016, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
What!? No crazy intake? What happened?

Get your wife to drive it and report back!
I need the small Evolution Ballistic battery installed to have the intake installed. Didn't want to risk the battery not working during winter while the Misses was driving it around. I'll probably be re-installing it all next week since the track is scheduled to open next Friday. I do have an HKS panel filter inside though.

She haven't commented on the Tanabe bar yet. Hehehe!

Old 04-13-2017, 08:45 PM
Tanabe Sustec torsion bar brace

I had the Tanabe Sustec strut tower bar installed today and I agree that it improves steering response and stiffens the front end noticeably. It also reduces body lean. I have the Progress sway bar in back an the combination is really fun to drive. I highly recommend both mods.
Nedpoins
2015 EX w/CVT
Tint all around
Auto dimming mirror w/ compass and Homelink
Tanabe Front Strut Tower bar
Progress rear sway bar

Old 04-16-2017, 01:18 AM
Hello!! Just got my Fit!!
Just wanted to know when you installed the tower bar, did you have to remove and plastic parts in the engine bay?

Thank you for this thread, post and specially the pictures!

Old 04-16-2017, 08:10 AM
Tanabe Sustec tower bar

I had the installation done at a local shop with some other minor service work I had done. They charged me an hour in labor. I asked them if it was hard and the mechanic said no. I don't think you have to remove any pieces but it looks a little complicated for someone like me.
Nedpoins

Old 07-03-2017, 11:00 AM
I just give this bar to local mechanic. under a quick inspection, they have no idea how to mount it. My car is 2017 fit exl does it fit 2017 year model?

Old 07-03-2017, 03:04 PM
ok the shop takes longer time to figured it out. Now it sit on my 2017 honda fit exl.
And just a quick driving, I can immediately feel the improvement. For this little money, definitely worth it. I also ordered the progressive rear sway bar, waiting to be arrived.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Finally got this damn piece installed. I couldn't have done it without you DannyJ7. Thanks bro!

Please take DannyJ7's advice on putting something underneath where you will be screwing in the bolts. You need a high level of dexterity to get those four tiny bolts in. Once you figure the first one or two out, you are good. Also, DO NOT try to install this when it is cold out. Cold hands + those tiny bolts = Bad Combo.

It does doesn't it? I know nothing about suspension mods and such. It's interesting to see that more than one manufacturer mounts this in the same darn place. It looks cosmetic to me. DannyJ7 stated it improves steering response and feel as well as less body roll. I'm going to go with experience on this one.
So I just installed this and I can't get out of my mind how we are suppose to remove the darn fuse box cover with the mounting plate now out of the way. I am surprised no one mentioned that portion of the strut bar in this thread.

How did any of you over come this? I'm thinking some minor adjustment can make the removal of the fuse box easier. Anyone?

Thanks in advance!