3rd Generation GK Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Spring Replacement Guide?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 01:05 PM
Spring Replacement Guide?

Hey guys,

I keep seeing all of these awesome posts showing people's GKs on nice Swift and Tanabe and Skunk springs. I totally want to jump on the band-wagon, but right next to these posts I see people having their axles fall out while they're doing the replacement.

Is there some kind of guide that will show me how to replace my springs without having axles fall out?

Am I just thick and haven't found it yet?

Old 05-04-2016, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
The axles float between the strut and the transmission, if you don't know what your doing the axles may fall out, has nothing to do with the springs other than taking stuff apart to swap them.. Typically the inner CV shaft is held in the transmission by a snap ring that keeps it in. The CV joins should provide all the flex and extension required.

Old 05-04-2016, 03:27 PM
There is a guide for the ge section, it's basically the same on gk. Oh and Tein spring sucks ball.

Old 05-08-2016, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
I just posted pics of my spring install in my mod thread.

es

Old 05-17-2016, 09:58 AM
A suspension tuning guide for the Gk would be a welcome addtion to the forum. I dont even know what this car really needs to go from "Floaty daily driver" to "Grippy fun driving machine". I'm more of a RWD miata guy and every little thing you can do to those cars is documented. We should do the same.

"More low" and "More stiff" isnt good enough.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by matthorkan@gmail.com
A suspension tuning guide for the Gk would be a welcome addtion to the forum. I dont even know what this car really needs to go from "Floaty daily driver" to "Grippy fun driving machine". I'm more of a RWD miata guy and every little thing you can do to those cars is documented. We should do the same.

My coworker autocrosses his Miata, and drove my Jazz (Fit) today - he was impressed and had nothing but good to say. I'm no suspension expert, but have simply read a bit, asked a bit and then made one or two changes at a time (detailed in my mod thread).

I could go farther (Konis, bushings, etc.), but I think I'm at a happy point of balance between much-improved handling and decent streetability (e.g. not harsh when driving back and forth to work), which was my goal.

But yeah, an "all in one place" guide specific to the Fit would be nice and would have saved me some research effort!

es

Old 08-31-2016, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by matthorkan@gmail.com

Miata has a HUGE user base and the car starts off much more grippy fun. Problem here is it is either stock or people are slamming them down. Very little inbetween and all of it is so subjective.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
so big question with this is...

what are the torque settings for:
1.the nut at the top of the strut
2. the bolt/nuts that hold the strut to the knuckle
3. sway bar end link.

swapping the springs looks SUPER easy on this car I just wish I knew the above.