3rd Generation GK Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the third generation Honda Fit (GK)

Tire recommendations - Michelin Premier vs General Altimax RT43

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2024, 07:11 PM
Is it worth up sizing to 205-50R16
Depends. Not for me. The roads around here are terrible because of frost and delayed maintenance. Reducing the size of the sidewall (what happens in 60 series tire) would affect ride quality negatively. Also just a little more risk of breaking that 16 inch wheel when you hit a major pothole. I also find the Fit on 15 inch tires entertaining enough to drive and I'm rarely on roads interesting enough to need better performing tires.

But if the roads you drive on are better than that and you already have 16 inch wheels or are willing to buy some, it's an option.

Old 01-21-2024, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steve-o
Depends. Not for me. The roads around here are terrible because of frost and delayed maintenance. Reducing the size of the sidewall (what happens in 60 series tire) would affect ride quality negatively. Also just a little more risk of breaking that 16 inch wheel when you hit a major pothole. I also find the Fit on 15 inch tires entertaining enough to drive and I'm rarely on roads interesting enough to need better performing tires.

But if the roads you drive on are better than that and you already have 16 inch wheels or are willing to buy some, it's an option.
Thanks for the inputs. Car feels like a cart over the bumps. I am going to stick with factory size with 55 side wall.

Old 01-21-2024, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
Interestingly, or not but, I happen to have Yokohama avid gt on my Outback (stock tire). Think the ascent GT is a better version of that. I remember being concerned that the cheaper trims got worse tires, but I gotta admit, I have had zero cause to complain about them. Perhaps if I have one minor issue it's that the ride and handling differ wildly if I go under the 34psi low in hot weather, or over 39. So a narrow band to keep it in.

Granted that is a much bigger heavier car, but in case it's relevant to you, I wouldn't not-recommend them.

Old 01-22-2024, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fujisawa
Interestingly, or not but, I happen to have Yokohama avid gt on my Outback (stock tire). Think the ascent GT is a better version of that. I remember being concerned that the cheaper trims got worse tires, but I gotta admit, I have had zero cause to complain about them. Perhaps if I have one minor issue it's that the ride and handling differ wildly if I go under the 34psi low in hot weather, or over 39. So a narrow band to keep it in.

Granted that is a much bigger heavier car, but in case it's relevant to you, I wouldn't not-recommend them.
Thanks for the information. Lot of people seem to have purchased Falken Ziex ZE950 A/S. But these are very old model. Falcon Falken Sincera SN250 A/S are the new ones. Any have experience with Falcons? Sincera ones have good review from Tirerack with $100 price range group.