TPMS keeps coming on - Page 2 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

3rd Generation GK Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the third generation Honda Fit (GK)

Old 11-12-2017, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicalpa View Post
My Subaru does have a TPM in the spare. And, as far as when my TPM light went on in my Honda, it was only when I corrected the spare tire pressure that the TPM light remained off, so I am a bit puzzled by that if it doesn't have an internal TPM sensor in the spare.
Your Subaru does not have a sensor in the spare unless you installed it. Subaru has never put a sensor in the temporary spare tire and they have never had a vehicle that can hold more than 4 codes. At least not in the United States. I will wager any amount of money on this. If your light went out after you inflated the spare, it was coincidence.

As for the Fit, also pure coincidence. As of 2015+, there are no sensors in the wheels. It just monitors wheel rotations via the same sensors it uses for traction control. The system cannot monitor the spare while it is in the trunk.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985 View Post

Best way to calibrate is to make sure tire pressures are all equal (i set mine to 35psi per tire) Hit the calibrate button, and I'm set for a few months. Tires lose pressure over time and change with temperature. What you speak of having to reset the system every few months makes perfect sense.
Is there any advantage or disadvantage setting the tires to 35psi rather than 33/32 per the specifications?