Anyone else in Alabama?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
Question Anyone else in Alabama?

Hi, guys. I am in the Birmingham area, and am supposed to get my 07 Fit within a week or two now. Last I was able to find out, it was on the ship and approaching San Diego.

It's a Vivid Blue Pearl, Sport, Automatic. I have been waiting for it since mid-January, and am dying to meet it!

Is there anyone else on this board from Ala-banana?

Old 03-20-2007, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome and you're not alone there are a couple fitfreakers in bama including myself. I'm in N.E. Bama and ther'e's at least one other down in your area. Seeing more Fits around all the time so I'm sure more will show up.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks!
Mine finally came in early March. Here is a link where you can see it if you like (you can also see me, my daughters, my wife, my dogs...):
Flickr: Photos from sky.biker

I have seen only one other Fit around here so far. The day I got mine, I took my stepson to the local Piggly Wiggly, and when we came out of the store, parked nose-to-nose with mine was another one exactly like mine. Turned out to belong to this older black dude, who had gotten it in June of last year. He was very happy with his, and said he had driven it to visit family in Detroit. I hope mine won't have as many dings as his, when it is 9 months old!

Does your car really have those teeth, or is it Photoshopped? I can't get a close look at it in your sig picture. Either way, it looks cool! I love the white ones anyhow.

See ya 'round!

Old 03-21-2007, 08:38 PM
yo, also in birmingham. i go to UAB and i've got a VBP auto fit as well. i bought mine in mobile and have had it for about 3 months. it's just gorgeous.

it'd be cool to meet up sometime. too bad there aren't more people in AL with fits.

i've only seen maybe 10 total from driving up and down 65

Old 03-21-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm from across the line in Biloxi, MS, but often go to Mobile. Vivid Blue Pearl Sport with CP TATE for the tag. Also, once in a while I am in Montgomery and Talladega. I'll be up that way the end of June.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
I had to go into Widow's Creek AL once to pick up a friend after work, and haul him back to Nashville....

Welcome to Fit ownership, turned 22K on mine today!

Old 03-22-2007, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member
Fit Party?

Wow! So there are a few others.

As more locals continue to show up here, we need to try and formulate a plan for a meet-and-greet, where we can check out each other's cars and shoot the breeze a bit. Maybe sometime mid-to-late summer, when the pollen has gone away a little? Probably would be simplest to meet up at a local establishment, so as not to put any of us to too much trouble.
"Hondas at Hooters" or something. "Fits at Friday's," even.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Myself, being a photographer on the side, I could get photos of everyone with their cars. Hopefully by then, we can get a couple dozen owners to show up.

What do you guys think?

Old 03-28-2007, 01:55 PM
that'd be cool. there was a scion AND a GTO meet&greet at the hooters on 280. i'll be in b'ham all summer long at school so i'd def be up for it.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by Steeldog
Thanks!
Mine finally came in early March. Here is a link where you can see it if you like (you can also see me, my daughters, my wife, my dogs...):
Flickr: Photos from sky.biker

I have seen only one other Fit around here so far. The day I got mine, I took my stepson to the local Piggly Wiggly, and when we came out of the store, parked nose-to-nose with mine was another one exactly like mine. Turned out to belong to this older black dude, who had gotten it in June of last year. He was very happy with his, and said he had driven it to visit family in Detroit. I hope mine won't have as many dings as his, when it is 9 months old!

Does your car really have those teeth, or is it Photoshopped? I can't get a close look at it in your sig picture. Either way, it looks cool! I love the white ones anyhow.

See ya 'round!
Nice photo gallery. Yes the teeth are actually on the car and not photoshopped. They glow in the dark too. Here's a closer look and thanks.

Played with this too but just for the pic.

I've seen at least a dozen different FITs on the roads around Huntsville, AL over the last few months and there are at least 2 more here in this small town of Grant besides mine.

If anyone is looking Jerry Damson Honda in Huntsville had a couple on the lot last time I was there and I'm sure that means they have some at their other dealerships accross North Alabama.

I'm up for a FIT meet, just let me know when and where in advance.

As for dents and dings the FIT has an extreemly soft body. Don't bump or push on it from the side or it will have. You can bend the fender above the front tire with just a small push with your hand. I've never seen such soft body panels before.

Catch ya later.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Fit Sport here in Mobile, Alabama; just over 14,000 miles now.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:06 AM
Possible Meet Date?

If people are interested it'd be cool to set up a meet day in or around Birmingham/Montgomery. What months/specific dates would work out for people here?

Old 04-02-2007, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thedeadpoet000
If people are interested it'd be cool to set up a meet day in or around Birmingham/Montgomery. What months/specific dates would work out for people here?
I'm in North East AL and it seems to me that the Birmingham area would be a good central AL place for a meet. Unless something changes between now and then I'm good for making it on just about any weekend.

Going on a ride on the 7th and may thinking about taking a trip to Cal. the week of the 4th of July but not sure if I will or not yet so other than those days I'm pretty wide open for a meet.

Later.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:18 AM
Bet ya can't guess where I am from...

Old 04-17-2007, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by J.P.
Bet ya can't guess where I am from...
Don't suppose it would be Decatur, AL by any chance?

Old 04-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Lower Alabama: New Fit Owner

I'm a new Blaze Orange Metallic Fit owner. The salesman at Honda, Rob (who is a friend of mine) had been working with me for a while looking at cars. When I saw the Fit online I had to investigate and everything I read about it was exactly what I needed. So I called Rob up, he said they did not have one (they sell pretty much the same day they get on the lot), but got a white and red one a week later. I tested out the white one and loved it. Asked for a orange one, and he said it would take awhile, but guess what, that Saturday morning there was a knock on my door and lo and behold was sitting my Blaze Orange Metallic Honda Fit! That afternoon I went to the lot, signed the papers and drove off. I still have a few more miles before it's broke in, but what driving I have been doing (all road) is an enjoyable experience.
Here's a pic of my Fit

Old 04-30-2007, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
Cool! You are a pretty good photographer, eh, CashonDeb?
Looking forward to meeting all of you. Oh hell, all of Y'ALL!

Old 04-30-2007, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
Cool, congrats on the BOM FIT and welcome to the forum.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Tag for my New BOM Fit!

This is what I have come up with my for Fit's front tag. Opinions, please....and everything you see will be on the tag. I did this in Photoshop!

Old 04-30-2007, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
Nice

Originally Posted by cashondeb
This is what I have come up with my for Fit's front tag. Opinions, please....and everything you see will be on the tag. I did this in Photoshop!

I like it. Can't think of anything to add to it or take away. It looks good the way you have it.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by 2hot6ft2
Nice photo gallery. Yes the teeth are actually on the car and not photoshopped. They glow in the dark too. Here's a closer look and thanks.

Played with this too but just for the pic.

I've seen at least a dozen different FITs on the roads around Huntsville, AL over the last few months and there are at least 2 more here in this small town of Grant besides mine.

If anyone is looking Jerry Damson Honda in Huntsville had a couple on the lot last time I was there and I'm sure that means they have some at their other dealerships accross North Alabama.

I'm up for a FIT meet, just let me know when and where in advance.

As for dents and dings the FIT has an extreemly soft body. Don't bump or push on it from the side or it will have. You can bend the fender above the front tire with just a small push with your hand. I've never seen such soft body panels before.

Catch ya later.
haha know this is old but how'd u make the teeth?