Is this another Fit meet? September... =D

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Is this another Fit meet? September... =D

Hiya guys,

I'm proposing a Fit meet in September. I would like to know where we should meet, and if possible, Dublin sounds like a good place to meet, or even Pittsburg.

I can arrange to bring BBQ ribs, and possibly pizza if the car allows me to fit that.

Also, I'll be hitching a small sized trailer with a Propane grill, tired of charcoal, and it's a pain to setup and to take apart when done.

I am sure ManX is more than willing, and most likely Bob too. =D

Also, I need to post up new pictures of my trunk in the next week or so, I'm still looking for a recessed handle to install.

-Anthony

Old 08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
Hiya guys,

I'm proposing a Fit meet in September. I would like to know where we should meet, and if possible, Dublin sounds like a good place to meet, or even Pittsburg.

I can arrange to bring BBQ ribs, and possibly pizza if the car allows me to fit that.

Also, I'll be hitching a small sized trailer with a Propane grill, tired of charcoal, and it's a pain to setup and to take apart when done.

I am sure ManX is more than willing, and most likely Bob too. =D

Also, I need to post up new pictures of my trunk in the next week or so, I'm still looking for a recessed handle to install.

-Anthony
Anywhere is fine, any day is fine. Just let me know, Anthony (or anybody else who wants to help organize).
And finish your high-end electronic rear floor and enter this month's Fit Of The Month contest- I'll bet that you'll win.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Most weekend days I could be available.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:47 PM
A meet in dublin sounds nice i live only 30-40 mins away from there

Old 08-15-2007, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
I'm down for a meet in Dublin. Even though I live near, I don't know of any spots that make nice backdrops for group pics. Hooters maybe? haha

Old 08-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Banned
Hey everybody-
Dublin was suggested as a site for a meet in the "Dual Rate Springs" thread because that's where ciburri lives, who started the thread. But he has some serious problems with his job, and his Fit is either IN a body shop or due to go in soon after an incident with a gravel truck that wrecked his hood & windshield. He may not be able to come to this meet because of the various problems. That doesn't mean that we can't use the city as a meet site though. I would just hate for ciburri to miss this opportunity.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
I am IN!

I am still waiting for windshield to shatter and to have my Civic back, but I will plan repairs around our meet date whenever and where ever it goes down!
I might even be free weekdays by then. I will either walk off my job or be fired the way things are going these days. I laughed first, then shed a tear and now I just do not give a d....! LOL!
I can make some cevapcici (shishkebabs might be more familiar to you), chicken, vegetable spread called Ajvar, dutch crust bread, some salad, fruit, some drinks,...
If everybody brings something we will be perfect.
I am glad that propane BBQ is in the game. I just went to Lake Berryessa by Napa last weekend and due to extremely high fire risk they are not allowing use of charcoal even in their built in BBQ-ues! I am sure most parks are doing the same.
As far as sites go, I can suggest Mount Diablo which is 10 minutes from here with great views. Entrance per car is about $5-6, BBQ areas are free, but they have awesome camp site that is huge and very private. Bad news is they charge $150 for the whole weekend.
Lake Berryessa, by Napa. It is about an hour and a half north from here. That is the bad news. The good news is that it is totally free at BBQ sites (propane BBQ required) and we can even go swimming. Boat and Jet-ski rentals are available in the area. It is a great place to spend a day or entire weekend for the whole family if you do not mind the drive.
Lake de Valle by Livermore is a great place, but lake is a mosquito infested puddle by now! You can walk across without even getting your shorts wet.
Just a suggestions on my part. What ever we decide somebody will need to show up early to hold the are for everybody else driving from far away.
Any weekend will be fine with me.
I am really looking forward to meeting you all and your families guys.
We must make our Canadian members jealous. They get to many nice get togethers. SoCal too!

Old 08-15-2007, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
Ciburri, another possibility is that I could give you a ride to the meet. Could take the Fit or the WRX(if I haven't gotten off my butt and sold it already) Dublin is sooo far from Livermore

Old 08-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Retired Moderator
Ill try to make it! Sounds like a pretty fun deal. I can make an opening because most weekends im riding my dirtbike, but as long as its at least a week before i can make an opening.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
I can make it any weekend other than the 8th/9th - when I will be in SoCal for the LA triathlon.

Last edited by leandro82; 08-16-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Dublin sounds pretty good, it takes me about 40 min to get there from Hercules. It'd be a good opportunity to meet everyone, and just plain hang out.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds awesome, I guess no plans for the 8/9th, I'll see if we can do it at the end of September. This time I'm more prepared, and I like the fact that more people are interested in coming to this meet.

More input tomorrow when I find out if I can go over to dublin and drive around. I'll take a look at Mnt Diablo.

-Anthony

Old 08-16-2007, 11:08 PM
No guarantees on a drive though, this is my first stick and I'm not too comfortable with slopes from a stop. Whoever's behind me will want to give me some leeway

Old 08-17-2007, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
I learned stick in less than 20 hours in San Francisco hills... I didn't have a choice, either I learned, or I got fired from work.... (I still got fired, only from something completely different.)

Old 08-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Well, needless to say, I'm going to pass on any drives that require me to go through SF anytime soon... I need more practice before I do that, and I really only drive the car every other week as is...

Old 08-17-2007, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
Sounds awesome, I guess no plans for the 8/9th, I'll see if we can do it at the end of September. This time I'm more prepared, and I like the fact that more people are interested in coming to this meet.

More input tomorrow when I find out if I can go over to dublin and drive around. I'll take a look at Mnt Diablo.

-Anthony

Anthony, I do not know when are you planing on coming to Dublin today. I am stuck at work until 5pm for sure. If it is after 5pm give me a buzz and I can show you around including Mt. Diablo.
I know it is way premature to discuss eventual meeting point for the event, but I can't think of a better one than Dublin Honda dealership. On the side street next to it. Or we can just crowd the area in fron of the showroom. LOL! Everybody will be able to find directions on their web site.

Ivan

Last edited by ciburri; 08-18-2007 at 02:15 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Actually, I'm going to go explore Mt Diablo tomorrow (saturday morning), if you want me to call you in the morning, call me, i Sent you a PM with my cell, please remove your cell number from the forums, it's not a good idea to post those things in public here.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
I just got home, and Mt Diablo... it's AWESOME!!>...

I did a few 180's and a 240 to boot, all with stock suspension.

Anyways, the winding roads are awesome, the view is spectacular, I will have to post pictures tomorrow. Ciburri should post the details =P

Entrance is 6$ to the park.

we picked out the perfect spot, and it even has it's own private parking lot.

-Anthony

PS: 3.8GBs of 894 photos....

Old 08-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Banned
Anthony,
Thanks for your investigation- I'm looking forward to seeing your photos. Let me know what date is chosen, AND WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO BRING. I will post a link to this thread on the Sacramento area forum.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Bap
5 Year Member
hey Anthony when are you going to have the meet? Mnt. diablo is not that far for me it is actualy closer than the last meet.

Quick Reply: Is this another Fit meet? September... =D