Ride quality Mini Meet.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Retired Moderator
Im going to guess we will have 12 Fits??

Old 12-17-2007, 04:59 PM
maybe 13 =). going to get some rims and coilover around late jan, going to see if i can get them on before the meet.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Banned
I sent an invitation to member "Bap" (Roseville/Sacramento area), riding on Ground Control coilovers, to join us. Don't know if he will, but I sent the invitation.

Thanks for joining in, its.ryu- hope to see you there!

Old 12-17-2007, 09:04 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
if the meet is in january, i cant go. im gonna be in japan =)

Old 12-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Retired Moderator
Sorry to hear you wont be hear in jan..But on the upside, have fun in Japan! Get some TRUE JDM stiff your your car!
p.s-Kelsodeez= if your still willing to record my band, we may need you soon!

Tyler

Old 12-19-2007, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
if the meet is in january, i cant go. im gonna be in japan =)
source us some M4DD JDM fit parts

Old 12-19-2007, 12:40 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
source us some M4DD JDM fit parts
hahaha i dont even know what im gonna get for my car. guess ill have to see what they have. hope the ride quality meet goes well. sucks i cant be part of it . i wanted to be a help to the GD3 community too!

Old 12-19-2007, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member
Bring back a set or 20 of kg/mm springs

Old 12-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by EXWRX
Bring back a set or 20 of kg/mm springs
Yeah seriously!!!

Old 12-19-2007, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
kelsodeez, don't forget to go to a Japanese's auto junk yard. You might be able to find gold .

Old 12-19-2007, 03:46 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Slimjimx701x
kelsodeez, don't forget to go to a Japanese's auto junk yard. You might be able to find gold .
there are no auto junkyards in japan!!! all the cars in japan are refurbished and sold throughout asia and australia. reason being is some law where you cant drive a car after it hits a certain number of miles and if you want to keep it. you have to get a new engine. kinda like logans run for cars haha

i heard of shops in tokyo that have a bunch of used parts for sale but i forget the names of the shops.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, I never knew that. I though there got to be a junk yard to dump totaled cars.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Banned
Okay,
Back to the thread title subject- It will be January in a few days. The address of Vasona Lake Park is: 333 Blossom Hill Road, Los Gatos. I cruised over there today to check it out for a meet site. It is MORE than adequate for our needs. The place is HUGE. HYOOOGGE!! Multiple BIG parking lots, shade, restrooms, gigantic BBQ grills. For family members who don't want to participate in the driving, there are rental paddle boats on the lake, and hiking/roller blade trails all over the place.

With 12 or more cars, we might want to reconsider Bruno's BBQ restaurant for lunch in Scotts Valley, only because we will fill the small restaurant. Also, it will cost the usual park fee just to go into the park ($6.50 in this case), so we might want to make good use of the facilities at the park that we pay for. This is not meant to deprive Tool's aunt (the restaurant owner) of business, but our group is likely to overwhelm them. Other customers will already be in there eating, and it will take a very long time to handle our crowd. And we all have to park in a big shopping center full of SUV's that eat small-car fenders and doors. We could use Tool's input here.

Regarding picking a date, weather will be an issue. We all drive around in the rain, but not to push our cars hard for any kind of tests, and we don't fire up the BBQ in a downpour. Anyone who stays at the park during the driving tests will be stuck out in the open. January almost never brings 70 degree weather. In DRY weather, almost everything is perfect- the park and easy access to freeway and mountain roads. But freezing while you eat might not be so fun.

Another indoor lunch site would be the Boulder Creek Brewery which is about twice the size and capacity of Bruno's (again, not to cheat Bruno's out of our business). Very good freshly prepared grill-type restaurant food, fairly priced. But depending on the day and the weather, parking in Boulder Creek can be a PITA.

These are just some thoughts after my scouting trip. Please chime in with your own thoughts. These events always take more time to prepare than you think.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Retired Moderator
Sounds good dave.

About brunos, im going to agree and say if we have more then 10 cars its not a good idea. back in the the day when my uncle was still around i would say i dont care if we 10000 cars we are going there, but things have changed so yeah 10 car rule.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
Dave, just wondering about Vasona Lake Park, do they have some king of an overhang, just in case of weather issues? But overall the plan sound very good, and if the weather permits we may be able to do a HW9 drive.

On a side note, I remember Anthony AKA "Cuteboi "mentioning something about if a caravan has more then 12 cars, we need to get permission or some kind of permit. Sorry I just want to play it safe and unfortunately Anthony is away on a trip till the end of the holidays. So getting back to what I wanted to say, do someone heard of this?

Old 12-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Banned
Slimjim,

Saying that a group of more than 12 cars needs a permit to use public roads is pure bs. I dare anyone to find such a rule printed anywhere. Trying to stay in formation, and preventing other non-involved drivers from normal road use, however, may constitute a "parade" or some other special class use of the road. I am not suggesting that we take over any road. If strangers get mixed into our group, we live with it. Again, we are testing suspensions in real world conditions. Obnoxious or dangerous behavior won't be permitted anywhere we go, not by law enforcement, and not by our own group.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
Again, thank You for clearing it up, and again I just want to play thing safe and avoid some potential problems that we may encounter.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
so is this thing closed or can more people come?

Old 12-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 07fit916
so is this thing closed or can more people come?
Anyone is welcome, any time. If you want to get out of the fog in the Sacto. valley and drive this far, we'll be glad to see you.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
Anyone is welcome, any time. If you want to get out of the fog in the Sacto. valley and drive this far, we'll be glad to see you.
hopefully i can make it out. i havent been to a meet in forever.

Quick Reply: Ride quality Mini Meet.