Pick a Date For Ride Quality Meet

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Retired Moderator
YAY Ivans ALIVE!!!! LOL!
Sorry to hear about your phone dude hope you get a new one soon! lol about the FitFreak stroller, that would be awesome. Make sure to put some rear disks on it then it would be better then the Fit!!!

So yeah so far we have progress, Eibach pro, whatever lilcat has, Skunk2, and hopefully swift if BC gets them on in time. Not bad, but not the best either. Now that we know your cool with the dates we can move foward with the planning and such!
P.S-Ivan, the springs and bar are great! We love them. We noticed the car out performs the tires though, time for some sticky rubber!

Tyler

Old 01-08-2008, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Will do! LOL!

BTW, Alex has Tein S Tech springs! We need him!

Old 01-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by TOOL
Alright im making a list--

1~TOOL--Progess
2~manxman--Stock
3~Solbrothers--Skunk2??(Let me know if im right)
4~lilcat--Tein S Tech
5~Macbuddy--Stock
6~Elite Auto detail--Stock--Only 26th not open 2/2
7~07fit916--??(let me know what springs you have)
8~Slimjim--Stock
9~Ciburri--Eibach Pro Kit
10~BlackCobra--(let me know)Either Swift or stock?

These are people who said they can make it any date, we are leaning towards 1/26 if no rain 2/2 if it rains. Let me know if i didnt put you on, and your down with those dates. If you cant make those dates let us know, we will try to work it out. Thanks and LET US KNOW!!

Tyler
That list right there isnt looking bad aslong as we can get all these people to show.

T

Old 01-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Banned
Thanks for posting Ivan- its great to hear from you. I had hoped that you were in L.A. or out of state somewhere interviewing for a 6 figure income job!
So, we are looking at 1/26/08 at Vasona Lake Park, 333 Blossom Hill Road, Los Gatos, weather permitting. If the weather is bad, the fall back date is the next weekend, 2/2.
I will contact the park and find out what is required to reserve one of the big, roofed pavilions with the huge BarBeQue pits. For the time being, plan on meeting at the pavilion immediately to the right as you come into the entrance of the park.

Macbuddy is bringing sausages and I guess buns to go with them. I will bring a huge pot of baked beans with chunks of Polish sausage mixed in with the beans. I will also bring another gas camping stove with a pot and water, with instant coffee, tea bags & hot chocolate. Everybody else, please bring any other dish that you think will help with the cold weather, like vegetables to grill, or bring cookies, chips, drinks, whatever else you can think of. Also, come prepared with paper plates, cups, & plastic spoons/forks etc.

We need at least FIVE to SIX 5# bags of match-light charcoal- I will bring one. This sounds like a lot, but the pit is 2 ft. X 5 ft. with a chain-suspended grill. We need to keep people warn who are not out on the test drives, as well as cook food.

Post any questions that you may have, and please let us know FOR SURE whether or not you are coming. I will be at the park by 9:30 am.

Last edited by manxman; 01-08-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
TYLER- you're correct. i have skunk2 springs!

Old 01-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by manxman
Thanks for posting Ivan- its great to hear from you. I had hoped that you were in L.A. or out of state somewhere interviewing for a 6 figure income job!
So, we are looking at 1/26/08 at Vasona Lake Park, 333 Blossom Hill Road, Los Gatos, weather permitting. If the weather is bad, the fall back date is the next weekend, 2/2.
I will contact the park and find out what is required to reserve one of the big, roofed pavilions with the huge BarBeQue pits. For the time being, plan on meeting at the pavilion immediately to the right as you come into the entrance of the park.

Macbuddy is bringing sausages and I guess buns to go with them. I will bring a huge pot of baked beans with chunks of Polish sausage mixed in with the beans. I will also bring another gas camping stove with a pot and water, with instant coffee, tea bags & hot chocolate. Everybody else, please bring any other dish that you think will help with the cold weather, like vegetables to grill, or bring cookies, chips, drinks, whatever else you can think of. Also, come prepared with paper plates, cups, & plastic spoons/forks etc.

We need at least FIVE to SIX 5# bags of match-light charcoal- I will bring one. This sounds like a lot, but the pit is 2 ft. X 5 ft. with a chain-suspended grill. We need to keep people warn who are not out on the test drives, as well as cook food.

Post any questions that you may have, and please let us know FOR SURE whether or not you are coming. I will be at the park by 9:30 am.
Sounds good ill be bringing some stuff as far as food ill figure out what im bringing and let you know Dave.

1~TOOL--Progess
2~manxman--Stock
3~Solbrothers--Skunk2??
4~lilcat--Tein S Tech
5~Macbuddy--Stock
6~Elite Auto detail--Stock--Only 26th not open 2/2
7~07fit916--Progress
8~Slimjim--Stock
9~Ciburri--Eibach Pro Kit
10~BlackCobra--Stock
11~EXWRX--Stock
12~Bap--Ground Effect coilovers

Does this list still stand correct? All these people on the list, we are assuming you going to make it unless we hear from you.

PLEASE GUYS LET US KNOW IF YOU WILL MAKE IT SO WE CAN PLAN ON WHAT BRING AND HOW MANY CARS TO EXPECT!!

Tyler

Last edited by TOOL; 01-09-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Banned
I sent "Bap" (Ground Effect coilovers) an invitation, and posted an invitation on the Sacramento sub-forum for anyone else who might be interested.

I changed my mind on my part of the menu- will bring a pot of beans, but no sausage in the beans (too much sausage with macbuddy's), will bring marinated chicken to cook on the BBQ instead.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Bap
5 Year Member
I do my best to come on eather day what do you guys want me to bring?

Old 01-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Bap
I do my best to come on eather day what do you guys want me to bring?
Hi Bap-
You and 07fit916 have the farthest to come- too far to bring anything hot, so keep it simple. If your wife is coming, she makes a good cake!, if not, drinks, chips, cookies, etc.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Retired Moderator
Dave-Do you want me to still bring a bag of charcoal?

T

Old 01-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by TOOL
Dave-Do you want me to still bring a bag of charcoal?

T
Yes- you and at least 4 other people!

Old 01-09-2008, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
I'll grab a bag of charcoal and maybe some hot drink mixes and a camping coffee pot plus a thing of liquid soap(put on before it goes over the coals and makes cleaning the soot off much easier afterwards)

Old 01-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by EXWRX
I'll grab a bag of charcoal and maybe some hot drink mixes and a camping coffee pot plus a thing of liquid soap(put on before it goes over the coals and makes cleaning the soot off much easier afterwards)
So your planning on coming? Just making sure, ill put you on the list now.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Retired Moderator
Alright ill bring 1 bag of charcoal, 1 bag of chips, 1 thing of cookies, 1 big soda with cups. Hows that??

Tyler

Old 01-09-2008, 02:21 PM
sorry i havent been in the loop. I can bring a bag of regular charcoal (since everyone is bring the match light i can put those on top and it can last longer), case of water (kirkland/crystalgyser), spoon/forks, 2 tubs of costco potato salad.

So far my suspension is stock. i am just as upset as everyone else. I am still trying really hard to bring my fit with the SWIFT springs.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Retired Moderator
Cool man, good to hear you will be coming!
Try your Hardest to get those sorings on. If you have any mechanical ability you could probaly put them on your self. The back is easy the front isnt to hard either. Plus if you get stuck you can contact an expert like ivan, who could put springs on with his eyes closed lol. We need a swift comparison, you can do it BC!

Tyler

Old 01-09-2008, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
My suspension isn't completely stock. I'm part of the stock springs and shocks, but progress rear sway bar contingent. Maybe Kelsodeez can get a set or 20 of kg/mm springs while he's over there, or Koni or Tokico will come out with their long awaited shocks for the Fit.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Banned
Tyler,
As 07fit916 posted on the old ride quality thread, he has Progress springs and RSB. Please add Bap to the list- he has Ground Effect coilover suspension.

BlackCobra, thanks in advance for the Costco potato salad- my favorite brand. If you can't (or don't) get your springs installed during the winter, when weather improves and Ivan has the time, I will help him with the installation in Dublin (not far from you), will buy you both lunch, and THEN get a test ride on your new springs. So far, unless KGM comes through for us, the Swifts are the only springs that interest me, but it depends entirely on the ride quality.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:26 PM
BlackCobra, thanks in advance for the Costco potato salad- my favorite brand. If you can't (or don't) get your springs installed during the winter, when weather improves and Ivan has the time, I will help him with the installation in Dublin (not far from you), will buy you both lunch, and THEN get a test ride on your new springs. So far, unless KGM comes through for us, the Swifts are the only springs that interest me, but it depends entirely on the ride quality.[/quote]

I would be really gratefull if anyone is able to help me install those badboys on if Ivan has time then ill come over with some costco pizza. And i like costco i can eat the polish suasage, a slice of pizza, there forzen yougurt, and a churro in one sitting.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by BlackCobra
BlackCobra, thanks in advance for the Costco potato salad- my favorite brand. If you can't (or don't) get your springs installed during the winter, when weather improves and Ivan has the time, I will help him with the installation in Dublin (not far from you), will buy you both lunch, and THEN get a test ride on your new springs. So far, unless KGM comes through for us, the Swifts are the only springs that interest me, but it depends entirely on the ride quality.
I would be really gratefull if anyone is able to help me install those badboys on if Ivan has time then ill come over with some costco pizza. And i like costco i can eat the polish suasage, a slice of pizza, there forzen yougurt, and a churro in one sitting. [/QUOTE]
Keep that up and you will need new springs once a month to remove the permanent sag on the driver's side!

Quick Reply: Pick a Date For Ride Quality Meet