Who's selling at MSRP in the Bay?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Retired Moderator
Who's selling at MSRP in the Bay?

Well, its time for my mom to get a new car! She's been drving my Fit around alot and fell in Love with the car. She wants a VBP AT Base. We are looking to buy in the next month or so. Did a quik search around the web and looks like many are still being marked up over MSRP and we are not doing that again. Where did you guys get your Fits and for how much?

Tyler

Old 03-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Banned
Val Strough Honda, Seaside CA. They never sell anything over MSRP, and they are the Monterey Bay area "Costco Car Buying Program" dealer. Stay away from Ocean Honda, Santa Cruz- absolute crooks.

The Costco Car program guarantees the lowest price if you buy from their recommended dealer, BUT the FIT is not covered by the Costco program. However, if you call the program about a Fit, they will still refer you to their program dealer near you, and you will probably be quoted MSRP on the Fit.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I picked mine up in the North Bay at Hansel Honda for under MSRP. They, like most dealers, had a dealer markup but I called and spoke to the person I bought my last car from and he told me 15.5 for a 5MT sport. Gave me a better trade-in then I would have expected as well.

If you want the guys name and number let me know.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
I went into Capitol Honda to test drive the car. Caren (wife) and I decided we would buy one if they could get a white one in a reasonable time period. Remember this was the first day of the Fit's introduction in 2006. The sales manager prepared the sales contract and presented it to me. When I say the "adder" I told caren we were leaving and thanked them for their time. At that point they asked what was the problem. I simply said I wasn't going to pay anything over MSRP. Well they disappeared for ten minutes and then came back with a priced based on the MSRP.

Try that, times are getting tough for everyone.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:16 AM
See what Jdmchris can offer you, if the price is right I'd be willing to drive down to Socal. But thats only if your willing to go that far.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:29 AM
5 Year Member
Tyler,
San Leandro Honda gets high praise from many in Bay Area.
My advice is to hit every single Northern California dealer for internet quote. I did it for my Civic with phenomenal results. Make another e-mail address for it since they will keep you on their mailing list. I had to block them afterward.
This way you will be able to gauge where they all stand in the ball park at the moment.
New, 2nd gen Fit is on the horizon. They have to start dealing on present ones soon. Also, Base might be the hard one to move for them.
Use it for leverage. Take your time and play it cool. Any urgency on your part will give them leverage.
I had about 7 dealers tap dancing at the end. They all gave me great quote, within $150 from each other! I was basically just over "dealer invoice". I know that volume dealers buy cars below that, but they deserve something. San Leandro Honda ended up getting the specific car of my choice first. I was pre-approved with Patelco Credit union. When I got to the dealership, car was washed, had "sold" sign and ready for delivery. In 15 minutes we were out of there with a better financing quote through Honda Financial (they were eager to beat Patelco!).

Old 03-18-2008, 06:36 PM
i got my VBP from concord honda through costco auto, no hassle great experience over all. i paid 200 over invoice, they even got the VBP from another dealer cuz they didnt have one at no charge to me.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Retired Moderator
Thanks for all the info and help guys. I really appreciate it.
Me and my dad went out looking over the weekend, we went to Dublin Honda and Dublin Scion.
Well as most of us know, Dublin Honda is fricken nuts as far as mark ups. When i bought my car from them in July 07 we paid 900$ over MSRP. Now they are asking 2000$ OVER MSRP on all there Fits! Thats insane, how could it go up with the new Fit on the way? It does not make sense. We did look at Civics and the new Accords, both of those cars had no Mark up which suprised us. We were really impressed with both of them. The Civic was really comfortable on the inside. It has impressive comfort for the price. plus it had pretty good MPG. Same goes with the new Accord sedan, i LOVED it. Man that inside was huge and luxurious! I felt like i was in a TL. Plus that car you can get for 22k loaded pretty nice, but its to big for my mom. My mom is a small car person.
After that we headed over to Dublin toyota/Scion. I love Scion for there "Pure Pricing" program. No dealers are allowed to go under or over MSRP. What you see is what you get, which i think is awesome! I think all companys should be the same way. Anyway we loved the way the 08 xB looks. The inside is pretty nice, but felt a little bit cheap. And we were worried becasue they have to rather large blindspots on the rear pillars. Also we looked at the xD which we also liked from the outside, but everysingle one was locked and we didnt want a salesman cause we were just browsing and salesman tend to annoy us. We were just looking from the outside and at the sticker price and we were rather impressed so we added that to out intrest list. We didnt test drive any cars that day, we just looked.
Today i had my last Driver training class cause i get my license a week from today (Yay)! But i was pleasently suprised when i saw my intructor roll up in a White 08 xB haha! So i got a 2.5 hour extended test drive of the 08 xB! I just got back and i have to say that car was COOL! Diffrent from the Fit in a few ways good and a few bad. The main good thing was the power! It didnt wind up passed 3k rpm under pretty heavy acceleration merging on the freeway. Plus the engine was really smooth around town. Shifts wer seamless and smooth. That blind spot was a non issue while merging. Only time it was annoyig was when parralel parking. But it was not all that bad. The bad part of the car was its "heavy" feeling while driving. I felt like i was in a big delivery truck lol. Its a cool feeling but not cool when driving in a spirited fashion. Handling was no where near the Fits. It did not feel nimble or quik to react like the Fit. So all in all it felt like a rather sluggish SUV. The Ride was MUCH better then my Fits. Of course my Fits lowered and the xB was not, but i was kinda nice riding in something that didnt jar you over freeway bumps lol.
Overall i have to say the Fit is a MUCH better car for me, but the xB was impressive! I may try to talk my mom into one so i can drive it on occasion lol.

On a side note i contacted JDMChris and he told me he could give me a KILLER deal so if we go with a Fit, it will be with him.

Tyler

Last edited by TOOL; 03-18-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:58 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL

On a side note i contacted JDMChris and he told me he could give me a KILLER deal so if we go with a Fit, it will be with him.

Tyler

just let me know whenever man

Old 04-08-2008, 11:46 AM
I got mine for -500 back of invoice