To boost or not to boost!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
To boost or not to boost!

LOL...im really debating boosting or not boosting. It will cost a lot of money but I'm sure i'll have some fun with a boosted car. It's either gonna be SC or Turbo. Can't really decide but I want more power XD. The fit is fine the way it is but sometimes I want to just punch the gas pedal and just zoom off. Currently have an AEM CAI. It's really expensive to boost. Talking about at least 3k which I really don't have. But I've thought about selling stuff, saving money, eating out less and blah blah blah to save up for something. I dunno maybe the Throttle Controller is what I just might need but until those get released I'm drooling over turbos. KW's SC isn't out yet and there's drama going between KW and DT that it's pushing me away from SC. Plus I like the PSSSH noise you get from turbos :P. I dunno...time will tell...time will tell...

Old 03-28-2008, 12:58 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Amageus
LOL...im really debating boosting or not boosting. It will cost a lot of money but I'm sure i'll have some fun with a boosted car. It's either gonna be SC or Turbo. Can't really decide but I want more power XD. The fit is fine the way it is but sometimes I want to just punch the gas pedal and just zoom off. Currently have an AEM CAI. It's really expensive to boost. Talking about at least 3k which I really don't have. But I've thought about selling stuff, saving money, eating out less and blah blah blah to save up for something. I dunno maybe the Throttle Controller is what I just might need but until those get released I'm drooling over turbos. KW's SC isn't out yet and there's drama going between KW and DT that it's pushing me away from SC. Plus I like the PSSSH noise you get from turbos :P. I dunno...time will tell...time will tell...
IN CALIFORNIA 91 OCTAIN IS 4.00!....
thats all im saying.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Ive decided not to boost for now. The Fit is fine as it is. Boost will cost me money i dont have, and get me into trouble. Which makes insurance go up and all that. Ill just keep doing little mods for now. Maybe boost in a few years..

Tyler

Old 03-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Banned
Remember the wisdom of sOx- premium gas is going to get even more ridiculous in price by the week. "PSSSSHH" is the sound of money being pissed away (your money).

Old 03-28-2008, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
"PSSSSHH" is the sound of money being pissed away (your money).
LOL...damn...i need a better paying job D: so i can buy all the goodies for my car without worries >.<

Old 03-28-2008, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
i also say no to boost, though i know how much fun it is. Personally, the benefits of boost arent great enough for alllllllllll the costs

Old 03-29-2008, 09:07 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
the funny thing is, right now 100 octane racing gas at gotellis speed shop in san bruno is about the same price as premium gasoline at the pump. although i wont run that gas in my fit until its time for turbo tuning. i say boost!!!