So are we FOOBA, or BARFO, or ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 10:06 AM
So are we FOOBA, or BARFO, or ???

When the first Fit Owner Of the Bay Area (or Bay Area Region Fit Owner, or whatever) obtains their car later this month, by way of this forum they could tell the waiting others in the area to come see the new car on a particular date & time, at a park, dealership or place of their choice.

Whoever shows up can decide how to pursue the car club idea-- like having each subsequent new owner get out the word for a similar get-together to see their new Fit, until the initial "honeymoon period" wears off.

Eventually it could settle down to monthly gatherings to show off & talk Fits (maybe even at a sponsoring Honda dealership), do tours, rallies, autocrosses, etc. Who knows, it's up to us what we develop.

Bill Lakatos
(Member of the Bay Area Miata Association since a year before I bought the roadster I'm trading in on my Fit)

Last edited by Bill L; 04-09-2006 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:05 PM
well, both names sound cool . i know i already posted this on the thread that i started, but i've been looking here in cupertino/santa clara and they're selling at around $2,000 over msrp. is anything different in san jose? or anywhere else? thanks for the info.

Old 04-22-2006, 12:19 AM
I don't know yet-- saw a Storm Silver Sport in SJ Friday at noon & I'll go to Capitol Honda Sat to check them out. (I won't be buying until June at the earliest.)

Old 04-22-2006, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
Just be firm and let them know you are only going to pay MSRP and maybe they'll drop their price. Honda of Oakland tried to go $2k over and I said no and he went all the way down to $500. I still said no and so he gave up. Granted this was on Wed. so they weren't officially suppose to be selling them so maybe he held off. But since then I've had maybe 3 separate salesmen from that dealership call to tell me the car is in stock.

San Leandro Honda is suppose to do MSRP but them might add dealer stuff to the price. You can probably negotiate these things off. Honda of Marin is also suppose to do MSRP, but I can't confim that until my model shows up.

Good luck, anybody else have any prices or recommendations?

Old 04-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Would you be willing to do $1000 over MSRP?

If you are, then we might be able to work out a deal. I just need to convince my boss into selling it at that price.

Old 04-27-2006, 07:09 PM
dude nobody should pay over msrp, for 1000 over you might as well buy a civic,

such bullsh*t !

Old 04-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by kurtneis
dude nobody should pay over msrp, for 1000 over you might as well buy a civic,

such bullsh*t !
Some people like to have it first, so they are willing to pay a bit more. That's what you call a true ethusiast.

Old 04-28-2006, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
> Msrp

I am an enthusiast and I got mine first at the dealership for less than MSRP here in the Bay Area- PM me if you want more details.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:26 AM
We just got a bunch of Fits in our showroom, it seems tho, that there's almost no point in displaying them in the showroom...these cars are so hot!!! they just fly off the lot!

if anybody would like to come down and check them out i'll be more than happy to give u a full demonstration

not to mention offer you the best service ever! hehe

Old 04-28-2006, 02:59 AM
5 Year Member
Just got my 5sp base storm silver tonight at San Leandro Honda for MSRP. No haggling no nothing (except the finance gal and the warranty dance). Anyway, they have a base storm silver AT and a sport 5sp vivid blue ready for sale. Ask for Griselda, tell her her first Fit sale says hello. BTW they also take refundable deposits for future deliveries.

Old 04-28-2006, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
Anyone here plan on upgrading their sport alloys? If so I'd be willing to take those off your hands. I got the base because all I really wanted on the sport was the stereo and the wheels. I can live without them (but will add the AUX input once it's offered) but if someone here in the bay wanted to sell off their alloys it's cheaper than buying them off ebay.

Send me a private message if you have any. Thanks

Old 04-28-2006, 03:11 AM
If you're sincerely interested in getting a Fit, give me shout.

I'm pretty sure I can do MSRP. If you're planning to get a Fit, better get one soon. They're only gonna go up in value due to such high demand.

Old 05-08-2006, 07:30 AM
fit meets?

Did you guys have a mini meet or something? My friend at either el camino /lawrence starbucks or santa theresa starbucks next to armadillo willies said he saw 3 or 4 fits roll up because I've been blabbing about how I'm going to buy one when my dealer's shipment comes in.

Are we going to have dedicated meets when more people start getting a hold of their fits?
I'm down for it..I go to school @UC Davis, but my gf and my home is in San Jose.

We should see if any dealers want to mini sponsor us possibly provide like pizza or something if we host fit events at their spots.

I've got a tc and I use to have an xb toyota was generous with that kind of stuff, but they also allocated money for us to have parties. Don't think Honda is, but it might be interesting to see if dealers did want to collaborate.

A lot of Toyota parts places were able to contact dealerships in Japan to get us parts. That'd be interesting to work out too.

Just some random ideas to throw out.

*just noticed some of the stuff was mentioned in the first post :x

Last edited by leetopher; 05-08-2006 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:04 PM
So far nothing has happened that's been reported here. I don't get mine until later in the summer, but if any of you who've got yours want to show it off to those still waiting, just see the original post as to some possibilities & go for it with an announcement.

Old 05-08-2006, 11:54 PM
damn, i'm still trying to get a fit, and i WORK at gilroy honda! lol

Old 05-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Fit Owner Of the Bay Area Resident/Racer would make us FOOBAR? lol

Old 05-16-2006, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone seen any Taffeta White Fits with AT in the Bay Area? Still waiting for mine to come in but would like to get it sooner than next month.

Old 05-17-2006, 09:23 AM
fit or fit sport

Originally Posted by 07Fit00S2K
Anyone seen any Taffeta White Fits with AT in the Bay Area? Still waiting for mine to come in but would like to get it sooner than next month.
which one are you looking for? reg fit or fit sport?

Old 05-17-2006, 09:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by buttahball
which one are you looking for? reg fit or fit sport?
Oops. I want a Fit Sport. Hi Hau, I did sent you an email before. Did you guys get one in?

Old 05-17-2006, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
Fit00S...,

I checked with the dealership that was holding a sport MT storm for me and they can't keep any on the lot and are presold basically all models coming in, so sorry about that. I did hear that San Leandro Honda has an orange one coming in. Maybe you can call and see what they are expecting, my saleswoman was Griselda but any of their "internet managers" can help you. They get about 4 in each delivery.

P.S. I personally like the name BARFO for our group.

Quick Reply: So are we FOOBA, or BARFO, or ???