Sac Area Fits Event!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
I could make it ... sounds like a good time. everyone could see my killer low buck up-grades.............

Old 05-30-2007, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
when and where ???? I could make it from the east bay.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Banned
Black Widow g2:

Your proposed date for the meet is getting pretty close. Please advise us of any new info. I understand that you have a life outside of fitfreaks and problems come up for all of us. Let us know if you can't get a site organized for the meet please, and let us help with whatever details that we can. Thank you.

Dave

Old 05-30-2007, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
I have 3 bags of charcoal, and one bag of 20 hamburgers in the freezer, left overs from the baby shower. Where ever, and when ever it is, i can supply this stuff, but i have no BBQ pit, the one i have is so small, it can only cook 3 hamburgers at a time. (i may just take it with me)

Old 06-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Banned
Black Widow seems to have walked off a cliff. I hope that she is OK, but it is starting to look like this meet won't happen.

Black Widow g2- please reply if/when you can!!

Thanks,
Dave

Old 06-02-2007, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Let's just pick a place someplace out there, do you know the area Manx? I'm sort of a noob when it comes to the east bay, i normally stick to the peninsula and the south bay.

The southbay has lots of construction areas, i'm sure we can have fun with our cars down there...

Not sure what everyone else thinks. I want to have a get together, i've never done one before, but i have done BBQs before, and i want to have one >=D

Old 06-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Bap
5 Year Member
I am still in to have a meet.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Banned
Bap-

Pm to BW sent this AM.

Dave

Old 06-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Bap
5 Year Member
lets hope bw responds.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Banned
CuTeBoi-

I don't know the Tracy/Stockton/Sacto area well- just places I've driven through on my way to the mountains. I DO know the South Bay well, but that is 2-3 hour drive each way for people from the Sacto. area. I pm'd Black Widow this am. Let's see if she responds. If not. let's find out where most of the interested people have to come from, and maybe one of them will have a good site suggestion.

In Los Gatos, Vasona Park has water, BBQ pits, and is cooler than Stockton will be this summer, and is right off Hwy. 17- easy to find. But it is also almost in my back yard, and I don't want to appear to be too selfish. Any place in Santa Cruz, or on the coast, is likely to be too foggy and cold.

Also, I'm not real talented in "party planning", but would like to have a meet somehow.

Let's see what happens next.

Last edited by manxman; 06-03-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Banned
FOR FUTURE REFERENCE- NORCAL FIT MEET SITE suggestion:

There is a famous, historical observatory (the Lick Observatory) located at the top of Mount Hamilton on the Eastern edge of San Jose. A single road gets you there, either from San Jose, or from I-5 just south of the 205/580 junction South of Stockton. The road from I-5 to Mt. Hamilton is long, winding, and goes through a lot of farmland (Hwy. 130 West from I-5- Patterson offramp from fwy.) From I-5 to the observatory is a 1 3/4 hour drive, from the observatory down to the park is another 20 mins.)

The other end of the road, from San Jose, is a sports car driver's dream (except for the mundanes ahead of you who can't drive). From sea level to 4200 feet, two narrow lanes just full of corkscrew turns with great mountain/woodland scenery, and hundred foot drops if you miss a turn. There is a park (Joseph D. Grant County Park) with water and BBQ grills on the West side of the mountain, about 2/3 of the way up from San Jose to the top with the observatory.

This is quite a drive from Sacto/Stockton, but you won't believe the road, the park, or the observatory (James Lick, the designer/builder/astronomer, is buried in a tomb, inside the building, right under the telescope. The building was built with horse drawn wagons in 1885).

Last edited by manxman; 06-03-2007 at 05:29 PM. Reason: add comment
Old 06-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Banned
BUMP!!

Look this place up on your search engine-
the drive in our cars would be as much fun as the meet. Plus or minus 45 minutes or so, it is about the same distance for all of us (well, maybe a little farther from Roseville).

Old 06-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Sorry I haven't responded... If you guys still want to do it in the Stockton area and there's 8 people or less, you all are welcome at my house. We don't have a huge BBQ but we have a Smoky Joe. The park down the street is an okay place if you want to play sports... I don't have the exact address but I can give directions to it from just about any freeway. I wanted to have a photoshoot, but we'd have to drive down a ways to have a street empty enough to take some by the lake.

I have not found a good place for all of us unless you want to do it at Brookside park... or we can always do it somewhere in the Bay. I'm very familiar with that area, but it is a bit far away.

I will also have my kids with me, so children are welcome as well.

Once again, I'm really sorry. Let's either push the date back, figure out a new place, or keep the date and settle on the park.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:01 AM
5 Year Member
The James lick observatory is cool, but we just need a place picked, pick it out on the Google maps, click the "link to this page" and paste the link from the URL bar to this place here.

example:

Google Maps

Directions only help so much, lets use the technology we have to our advantage.

I have charcoal, and hamburgers =D

i'll have seasoning, and buns if needed =o

Old 06-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Black Widow g2
Sorry I haven't responded... If you guys still want to do it in the Stockton area and there's 8 people or less, you all are welcome at my house. We don't have a huge BBQ but we have a Smoky Joe. The park down the street is an okay place if you want to play sports... I don't have the exact address but I can give directions to it from just about any freeway. I wanted to have a photoshoot, but we'd have to drive down a ways to have a street empty enough to take some by the lake.

I have not found a good place for all of us unless you want to do it at Brookside park... or we can always do it somewhere in the Bay. I'm very familiar with that area, but it is a bit far away.

I will also have my kids with me, so children are welcome as well.

Once again, I'm really sorry. Let's either push the date back, figure out a new place, or keep the date and settle on the park.
Black Widow g2,

I'm glad to hear from you. At least it looks like nothing terrible has happened to you- just really busy?

Most of the responders to your thread are from the East, so you guys/girls pick the spot. Mount Hamilton is a long way to drive, especially with kids. I don't mind coming your way from here, and the other coastal area people probably won't mind either.

If you want to test your car and driving ability, keep the observatory in mind. Getting to it from either the East or West is a great drive for cars that handle well.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Bap
5 Year Member
A BBQ at bw house sounds fun shorter drive for me to.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Banned
Black Widow's offer of her house as the meet site was for 8 people or less, and that is still a big imposition on one family. There were 11 responses to this thread:

1. fit4jenn
2. Elem3nt
3. quangalang
4. Bap
5. rekcah
6. jake95825
7. CuTeBoi
8. Kenper
9. Kgb4187
10. nascartrash
11. manxman

Once a site and date is actually set, not everyone who intends to come will actually show up, but it wouldn't be fair to overload BW's house with total strangers.

Another site suggestion (requires a drive for everybody)-

There is a big park on Hwy. 152 just West of the intersection w/Hwy.5, West of Los Banos (between Los Banos and Gilroy). I don't remember its name, but the park surrounds a large reservoir/lake, and has water and grills. The park is HUGE, uncrowded, with lots of parking surrounding each table & grill site. About equal distance for everybody except Bap- longer for him being North of Sacto. as he is.

This would be a little cooler than sites in the Central Valley because of the large amount of water and a steady breeze through the valley.

Sorry for my site suggestions being so far- I tend to get away from people for my recreation, and that has always meant driving.

Again, I leave it up to the largest concentration of attendees to pick the spot. If Black Widow wants it to be at her place, it's OK with me.

Last edited by manxman; 06-04-2007 at 04:34 PM. Reason: add comment
Old 06-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Banned
I just looked the reservoir up on the map- "San Luis Reservoir Park". On the map, it looks to be too far for the Stockton/Sacto. people- never mind.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
A Stockton meet sounds great! The Brookside location is perfect, however I won't be in the area during that weekend. I would like to attend if the meet is set at a later date. Keep me in the loop.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by macbuddy
A Stockton meet sounds great! The Brookside location is perfect, however I won't be in the area during that weekend. I would like to attend if the meet is set at a later date. Keep me in the loop.
Black Widow g2-

macbuddy makes 12 people- if everybody actually comes, that's a lot more than 8 people at your house. It might look like I was trying to hijack your meet- I wasn't. If you are back and still want to host the affair, just let us know when and where. For a photo shoot, food, etc., my suggestion is not to hold this thing at a residence- public park would be best. Since I only know about sites in the South Bay, I'm going to back out of the suggestions and planning. Let me know what to bring and where to bring it.

Thanks--
Dave

Quick Reply: Sac Area Fits Event!