hey i need some help! plz look

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
hey i need some help! plz look

i posted this here too just to see if anyone could help

hey people, i'm having some trouble with some stuff on my fit...

1.) i'm missing a bolt that hold the hood in place. not a huge deal. it should be fine.

2.) the hole where the bolt goes in the hood doesn't want to accept the bolt. i think the threads or whatever in the hole are messed up (i had hood risers before and i had different bolts)

3.) my headlights are super scratched and marked up. they feel really rough to the touch. not a huge deal, just a little annoying. fairly noticeable

4.) my passenger side sidemarker keeps falling out. this is a big deal. it seems that a piece of the fender broke off where it is held in. when it is in the fender, it is very wiggly and can easily be taken out. the drivers side one is fine.

5.) the plastic piece on top of the steering column has a broken clip, so it doesn't sit flush. kinda noticeable, semi annoying at times.

6.) my front bumper is not in the right place i dont think. its hard to explain. i think one of the clips under the passenger side headlight is either broken or not in all the way. it is noticeable if you look really hard, but its bothering me.

most of these things were my fault, i shouldn't have messed with my car that much. i hope most of them are fixable though. i would love to hear some feedback and advice.

please help me! i hope this thread isn't going to turn into a thread-fail like my other ones because i would like to know what i should do.

thank you
-David

Old 11-24-2008, 05:22 PM
3) Check here this is some good polish for plastic that should get rid of some of the more minor problems.

http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_list.cfm?sectionname=Consumer%20(Meguiar%2 7s%20Brand)%3EClear%20Plastic%20Care&sectionID=151 01

Old 11-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
david, send me pics of the p-side side marker hole. sheet metal just doesn't break and it didn't move when they were installed. pm me for my email

in regards to the bolt hole, either you cross threaded it or used the incorrect size thread pitch on the new screw.

now the bumper, just take that side out then lign it back up and shove it back into place

Last edited by gimme; 11-24-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
hey dan, i gotta go run some errands. i'll have pics tonight. i wedged some ducktape in there and it seems to be holding fine. i just need it to stay in place when i drive.

the bolt hole, ya thats probably what i did. the other holes are fine though, and i used 4 of the exact same screw.

and the bumper, its fine for right now. it would be better if someone could help me, so maybe at the next friday night meet or somewhere down the road.

thanks for the replys!

Old 11-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
we'll get all this worked out for ya

Old 11-24-2008, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member

i sell this at the dealership i work at, we also offer the service department to do the labor for you if you wish, but all you need is a drill and a good hour of time, and a garage if it's cold where your at, they don't sell it on the internet, but i think you should be able to find it at local car dealerships
we sell ours for 59.99 and one hour of labor if you need us to do it, i've seen it done (in our shop) and your headlights look new (seriously) but i will be doing it on my sisters 2001 civic 4 dr on thanksgiving so i'll post pics of before and after here this weekend
the kit comes with a uv protectant that you use last and it's supposed to protect it from ever fogging up again

i can send you a kit + shipping if you can't find it

The kit contains:
  • 2 Microfiber Towels
  • Instruction Sheet
  • Safety Glasses
  • Gloves
  • 9' x 7' Car Cover
  • 1 ½ x 25' Painter's Tape
  • UV Coating Removal Disc
  • Polish No. 1 & Polishing Pad
  • Polish No. 2 – Optical Restorer & Pad
  • UV Protectant & Applicator
  • Backing Plate (use with cordless drill)

Last edited by vtecfit1; 11-24-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
well, ive had a busy week. the sidemarker problem is solved for now. its held steady this whole week even through all the rain and driving 80+ mph on the freeway for over 300 miles. ive had lots of suggestions on the headlights.. hear are some pics. it is hard to tell in the pics but in real life it is really noticeable.

i hope this helps. thanks again guys!

Old 11-29-2008, 02:49 PM
HID Addict
the fit has sidemarkers....?

Old 11-29-2008, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
mine does

Old 11-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Buy a new Body Kit that should fix it

Old 11-29-2008, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
flitz polish man.

thats the best stuff imo. i have used all there products and a lot of different things ranging from house hold things to cars.

i couldnt be happier with the product

thats for your headlights.

and you can use it to buff out your hood too!!!

and for your hood....hmmm, thats weird what kind of bolt did you use. i used the same thread pitch and size and i went back to stock and the bolts fit perfect. to bad you live to far, otherwise i can give you some bolts

but just go to homedepot or some shit and get another bolt. if all fails you can always return it

Old 12-01-2008, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
flitz polish man.

thats the best stuff imo. i have used all there products and a lot of different things ranging from house hold things to cars.

i couldnt be happier with the product

thats for your headlights.

and you can use it to buff out your hood too!!!

and for your hood....hmmm, thats weird what kind of bolt did you use. i used the same thread pitch and size and i went back to stock and the bolts fit perfect. to bad you live to far, otherwise i can give you some bolts

but just go to homedepot or some shit and get another bolt. if all fails you can always return it
ya dude. makes sense. i shoulda got some from you at pann auto for the bbq. haha.

Originally Posted by JOKER0808
Buy a new Body Kit that should fix it
ya like that ings+1 kit that dude is selling. omgsshhh<3

Old 12-01-2008, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
lenzsaver headlight kit

here are a few picts of the before and after shots

i seroiusly didn't think the headlights were on when she traded me cars for the night, they don't look as bad in the pictures as they really were

they seriously look BRAND NEW, I know i work for a honda parts dept and see brand new headlights and taillights every day. i was seriously amazed
any one that has this problem should seroinsly consider this product